Who would you rather play? Kaepernick or Alex Smith?

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
I'm a 49ers fan, and a quarterback debate between Smith and Kaep has been going on since the Bears game.

So I'm curious, as Seahawks fans who would you rather they play?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely Smith. He is a great game manager to keep the game close w/ a great grind it out running game. But if you get behind a little bit you are pretty much done as Smith lacks any resemblance of being capable of getting you back in the game or playing catch up. Kaep on the other hand has a much higher ceiling w/ his strong arm and great running ability. I have seen very little drop off in the decision making between the 2 other than a few rookie mistakes from Kaep. He might have a few more mistakes taking chances but the positives/potential out weighs the those by quite a bit imop. I was extremely sad to see you guys take him and even sadder to see Smith get hurt.

Should be one heck of a brutal game and great test to see where both our teams sit at this time. Here is to a great Hawks victory w/ no injuries.

Go Hawks

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Smith. Pressure him at all and he'll start leaving plays on the field.

warden

Reaction score
KAP first year starters do not fair well in the clink

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Very tough call, I think Harbaugh made the right call as Kap is the future. Everyone knows what Smith can do, he was efficient but not a real threat. Kap on the other hand brings more big plays but more turnovers and inexperience. I think both would have trouble next Sunday Night but I think after seeing the issues Kap had wiht fumbling and trowing some very bad deep balls I'd rather face him right now. As someone stated before the Seahawks weakness is short to intermediate and crossing routes. Smith is probably better at those than Kap is so in particular Smith matches up better against our style of defense. Next year after Kap has already tasted the SEA VS SF rivalry and played a game at the CLINK he will be scary.

I fully expect Sunday to be a blood bath. NFC West has overtaken the AFC North for the toughest division in football. With two Super young talents in Wilson and Kap this rivalry is only getting better. I'm just glad the Hawks are a younger team so as soon as SF starts fading we can get some easy Division titles again.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Kap personally. We beat Cam already this year, and for some reason struggle against Smith so I'd rather go with something the Seahawks defense has somewhat seen already and had success against.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2o02sequ said:
Very tough call, I think Harbaugh made the right call as Kap is the future. Everyone knows what Smith can do, he was efficient but not a real threat. Kap on the other hand brings more big plays but more turnovers and inexperience. I think both would have trouble next Sunday Night but I think after seeing the issues Kap had wiht fumbling and trowing some very bad deep balls I'd rather face him right now. As someone stated before the Seahawks weakness is short to intermediate and crossing routes. Smith is probably better at those than Kap is so in particular Smith matches up better against our style of defense. Next year after Kap has already tasted the SEA VS SF rivalry and played a game at the CLINK he will be scary.

I fully expect Sunday to be a blood bath. NFC West has overtaken the AFC North for the toughest division in football. With two Super young talents in Wilson and Kap this rivalry is only getting better. I'm just glad the Hawks are a younger team so as soon as SF starts fading we can get some easy Division titles again.

That was actually a pretty well reasoned post, though I still prefer Kaepernick to start (as a 49ers fan).

One thing that's really making me nervous, though, is Justin Smith being hurt. That man is a BEAST. He would not have left the game unless his elbow was reaaaallly effed up. That's the type of player that he is. A huge, huge loss of the team to have him out for a game.

Hopefully my suspicions will be wrong and he plays.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":t01gh5eb said:
Kap personally. We beat Cam already this year, and for some reason struggle against Smith so I'd rather go with something the Seahawks defense has somewhat seen already and had success against.

You didn't struggle against Smith at all last time. Our Defense won that game.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":xjlf15xk said:
Wenhawk":xjlf15xk said:

That was actually a pretty well reasoned post, though I still prefer Kaepernick to start (as a 49ers fan).

One thing that's really making me nervous, though, is Justin Smith being hurt. That man is a BEAST. He would not have left the game unless his elbow was reaaaallly effed up. That's the type of player that he is. A huge, huge loss of the team to have him out for a game.

Hopefully my suspicions will be wrong and he plays.

Did he hurt the arm that he uses to hold the Tackle that is assigned to block Aldon Smith? If so, that is a significant loss for SF.

As far as Kaepernick, he made some throws on Sunday that an above average secondary would have made him pay for. He seems like he goes through his progressions well, but still makes some odd decisions while doing it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Kaepernick. I want to beat Kaepernick and instill the fear of God into him in case we have to travel to SF in the playoffs.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
USArmyParatrooper":3qor3gng said:
AF_Hawk":3qor3gng said:

You didn't struggle against Smith at all last time. Our Defense won that game.

True. But I'd rather face a QB that plays in our favor which I think Kaep does. First year starter, playing huge playoff type game at one of the hardest stadiums to play in.

DericLee

Reaction score
Kap.

Young, dumb and full of ....uh...mistakes.

Really though, I think Smith would be more even keel and consistent, while Kap can light things up, or blow the game.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.

OP
OP
USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":jgzsvu6k said:
Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.

Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":3e2fccsy said:
Absolutely Smith. He is a great game manager to keep the game close w/ a great grind it out running game. But if you get behind a little bit you are pretty much done as Smith lacks any resemblance of being capable of getting you back in the game or playing catch up. Kaep on the other hand has a much higher ceiling w/ his strong arm and great running ability. I have seen very little drop off in the decision making between the 2 other than a few rookie mistakes from Kaep. He might have a few more mistakes taking chances but the positives/potential out weighs the those by quite a bit imop. I was extremely sad to see you guys take him and even sadder to see Smith get hurt.

Should be one heck of a brutal game and great test to see where both our teams sit at this time. Here is to a great Hawks victory w/ no injuries.

Go Hawks
He showed in the last postseason, he's capable of playing from behind.

As for the OP, definitely Smith. Cutler was running all over us and I don't trust our LB's to be able to contain a guy like Kaep.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Smith is easy to rattle. Like Montana said, he leaves plays on the field. It isn't easy to pressure him into picks, but is easy to pressure him into stagnation.
Kaep is a wildcard right now. But unlike Smith, he can be pressured into mistakes, see the St. Louis road game. And I think our secondary can create a few traps for him. But, he has wheels, and a couple of our linebackers lack speed. However, we had no trouble shutting down a guy who can run like him in Carolina.

So, I want to face Kaep. He is the future in SF, and we need to give him an impression he won't forget. Alex already is what he is.