The McQuistan "AssBlock™"

RockHawk

Reaction score
Just watched a highlight of the Russell Wilson 25 yard TD run and noticed something a bit funny. Watch #67 Paul McQuistan blocking and you'll see about the time Wilson starts to break from the pocket, he backwards-blocks the DT with his ASS while watching to forward-block the DE if needed. ! I've never seen anything like that before, so I got a real kick out of it!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000112029/Russell-Wilson-25-yard-touchdown-run
(sorry I can't embed since it's on NFL.com)

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Thats funny. I got the perfect song to background it. that song by Ice Cube. You can do it put your ass into it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
That's awesome. And that was the key block to spring the long run too. He just kinda kept the door closed there on the DT. I love it!

kearly

Reaction score
I can't read this topic and not think of Mark Sanchez's butt fumble.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Wow sneaky "ass" McQuistan hahaha. That was pretty clever if intentional. Wonder if thats a Cable by design or if he just pulled it out of his.... yeah I went there.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
You know I've seen this type of block several times this year. It gets the job done and there's no chance a holding call can be made.

I was so hoping that RW would have thrown 2-3 TD's on Sunday, so he could challenge Peyton's record. But I'll take rushing Td's.

Deixis

Reaction score
Never had I realised that an offensive lineman could be considered a dual-threat - and McQuistan of all people!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Pretty resourcful.

In basketball, that would've been a hell of a box out.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
hahaha boxing out like a basketball player, I love it.

First time I've ever seen this kind of "assblock."