what a win vs the Niners does.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Assuming GB wins out (and I believe they will) we drop the Niners to the #3 seed and take away their bi week.

It also makes a huge statement going into the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RichNhansom":13q4c8a3 said:
It also makes a huge statement going into the playoffs.

This.

I think the confidence and momentum from beating your division opponent and arguably the best team right now in the NFC would go much further for the Hawks then worrying about what that does to the playoff seeding.

Losing won't cost the Hawks a playoff spot, but it would plant a serious seed of doubt going into the playoffs. "If we can't even beat the 49'ers at home, how are we going to go on the road and do it?"

hawker84

Reaction score
huge game, momentum wise and confidence wise... this is the game where we put up or shut up.... we win, we'll be one of the NFC favored teams.. lose and we'll be picked to be one and done... and would have to face a dangerous rams team that could knock us out of the playoff's all together... this is a HUGE game...

Stuje1

Reaction score
I think playing on the road at Washington is a much more favorable game than at GB or SF too. Would help shore up the 5th seed with a win.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Getting over the hump and beating the Harbaugh 49ers would be huge for this team, even if they don't win the division. Just for them to know that they can finally beat the best would be great for confidence.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Beating the 49ers, for me, is more about showing them that we are NOT the same team that failed to play well when we were in SF, and that they are not as good as they think they are.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Wouldn't that just be awesome to beat the Niners next week and have to play them in the wildcard matchup and beat them again?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Yeah, that would rock, actually. Especially since we took away their first-round bye by beating them in the reg season. It would be like kicking their asses three times.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I just want to beat them. Period.

But taking away a bye week for them would be a nice bonus.

grizbob

Reaction score
Would shut up the loud mouthed family members of mine that have become unbearable the last year or so :49ersmall: :3: :th2thumbs:

twelfman

Reaction score
The players have got to be serious about this one, which I am sure they are
They're gonna be so pumped by the sunday we could see a dismantling of a great defense
I have never seen a hawks team have so many options on offense

Sac

Reaction score
Beating SF would also allow them the opportunity to lay an egg against the Cards...Hey...it could happen...

kearly

Reaction score
I'll have to remember to stay on guard when "bi week" comes around.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I know I am looking ahead here but here what is shaping up if we end up the #5 seed. #5 seed will play the #4 which will be the NFC East winner. Obviously GB/SF would end up the #2/3 or 3/2. The second round of the playoffs, #2 plays #3 unless #6 beats #3. Meaning we would *only* have to play either SF OR GB on the way to the SB. (Atlanta can be had.) WOOT!!

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":3qabuv5f said:
Wouldn't that just be awesome to beat the Niners next week and have to play them in the wildcard matchup and beat them again?

When we beat the girls from SF, that should lock up the 5th seed....
Assuming SF drops to the 3rd seed, they'd play the 6th seed (not us)
....and we'd get the 4th seed (winner of NFCLeast)

SF would get AP and the Vikes !!

:49ersmall:

Twisted

Reaction score
I expect the refs to have a heavy hand in this game, just like they helped em beat the Pats, everyone wants the niners to win, even officials, its who their money is ridin on, no brainer

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Twisted":2bz7y0tw said:
I expect the refs to have a heavy hand in this game, just like they helped em beat the Pats, everyone wants the niners to win, even officials, its who their money is ridin on, no brainer

tinfoil-hat.jpg