Wilson, Luck vs. same eight opponents - more fodder

redhawk253

Reaction score
its not even close.. rw is clearly the superior qb in a comparison with luck.. luck gets a lot more yardage.. but he has also played some real weak opposition. their only wins vs winning teams are the vikings and packers.. i think they have one of the worst sov in the league while we have the best. its silly people are still putting luck above rw for roy honors.. now rg3 on the other hand has slightly got wilson beat at this point.. but over the next 2 games i think rw has a good shot at passing him up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes the Colts have had a successful season, but if you look at who've they played there's no comparison. In fact they're ONLY quality win was against the Packers...........other than that it's all Jags (twice), Titans (twice), Browns, Jets, etc. And now they get the Chiefs this week? This has to be one of the easiest schedules in NFL history.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Wilson has played a tougher schedule but with a better team around him. I think that pretty much balances things out, then you look at stats, game winning drives and win loss record and they really match up pretty closely.
I don't know if it's fair to credit the tougher schedule but ignore the supporting cast. It really is close overall IMO.

ensett

Reaction score
Luck is somethin'
5th worst QB rating
3rd worst completion %. Luck is at 54.6, Skelton is at 54.2..
Leads the league in turnovers
67.6 QB rating in the 4th quarter, completing 51.3%
77.7 QB rating in 2 minute situations, completing 52.8%
Absolutely terrible on 3rd downs with a 69.2 rating, completing 50%. This guy is supposed to be clutch!

Wilson is miles beyond Luck

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1v4ntcp7 said:
Wilson has played a tougher schedule but with a better team around him. I think that pretty much balances things out, then you look at stats, game winning drives and win loss record and they really match up pretty closely.
I don't know if it's fair to credit the tougher schedule but ignore the supporting cast. It really is close overall IMO.

Good point, but because of Luck's poor supporting cast (specifically no running backs) he has almost 200 more attempts than Wilson. Sorry, but throwing for 4,500 - 5,000 yards in a season isn't that impressive when you're one dimensional throwing it 60 times a game.

I know the media has been swinging from Luck and RG3's short and curlies from day #1, but I hope they objectively take into consideration ALL the facets of each players game when voting.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Stuje1":2ma8jz97 said:
Wilson is now 8th in the league in Passer Rating and QBR. Not "since week 5" or "at home" or "young Qbs" or anything like that. Fully 8th for the whole year! Insane. Above some nobodies like Schaub, Brees, Romo, Flacco, Rivers, Palmer, Stafford ;)

Edited to include links:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating
http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr
I approve of this message. It's great to see him doing well against the entire league, and not just other rookies.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Anyone see the stat they put on the screen yesterday that RW has 12 TDs and zero, that's freakin' ZERO folks, interceptions in the red zone this year? It's 13 and ZERO now I believe. THAT means Russ sees the field/makes his reads properly most of the time and doesn't throw where he shouldn't ever in the red zone. There have been NO wasted scoring opportunities with him at QB.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
20 touchdowns (17 pass, 3 rush) to only 1 interception is insane.

The Russell Wilson of now and the Russell Wilson in the first month of the year is night and day. Before he was asked to basically manage the game .. now he's got free rein and gets better every week.

So happy this kid proved me dead wrong.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is the favorite of the Media. That's unfortunately all we need to know. I think RGIII is sometimes added ... to make things interesting, but in reality, this is Andrew Luck's to lose. Kirk Cousin just threw oil on RGIII's party.
Andrew Luck has been the ESPN Darling since college, the Advertisers, the corporate sponsors, ... etc. Andrew Luck fits the example of the most marketable demographics ... Andrew Luck looks like most of the people who have the financial power to purchase products, he looks like a future CEO in control , he lives in the correct timezone, he is well-spoken, ... and all the buzz words you hear in marketing school.
I listen to Mike and Mike on ESPN, until a few weeks ago, Russell's Wilson name was an afterthought. Finally today, the other Mike said he would pick Russell over Luck and Griffin. That was the first time ever Russell had received that much love above any of the other favorites.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2m6jhyzp said:
Andrew Luck is the favorite of the Media. That's unfortunately all we need to know. I think RGIII is sometimes added ... to make things interesting, but in reality, this is Andrew Luck's to lose. Kirk Cousin just threw oil on RGIII's party.
Andrew Luck has been the ESPN Darling since college, the Advertisers, the corporate sponsors, ... etc. Andrew Luck fits the example of the most marketable demographics ... Andrew Luck looks like most of the people who have the financial power to purchase products, he looks like a future CEO in control , he lives in the correct timezone, he is well-spoken, ... and all the buzz words you hear in marketing school.
I listen to Mike and Mike on ESPN, until a few weeks ago, Russell's Wilson name was an afterthought. Finally today, the other Mike said he would pick Russell over Luck and Griffin. That was the first time ever Russell had received that much love above any of the other favorites.
Guarentee the "other Mike" wasn't Greenburg. Puke.