My Biggest Concern vs the 9'ers

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
My Biggest Concern vs the 9'ers
Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:49 am
  • Their ability to run. Both Kapernick and Gore are damn fine runners, it's that teams strength. Our defensive weakness seems to be stopping the run.

To compound that, Gore is damn good to the inside. Kapernick is pretty damn good to the outside.
    Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Re: My Biggest Concern vs the 9'ers
Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 am
  • We'll be ready!!!!
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 am
  • Its all about the ball.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:54 am
  • I think the Hawks can key on the run MORE now that Kaps in. Scott identified for me, my abstract criticism of Kap and the 49ers current passing attack; its simple with few options for him to evaluate. So, the 49ers are keeping things VERY simple for him. Get good secondary play, and their totally beatable with Kap. That's how Rams did it, they have good corners.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:00 am
  • ^^^^^^

Play them man to man with our corners and stack the box. Make them throw - live with a few long plays and hope for a couple of interceptions
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 am
  • stack the box and pray for luck. 9ers are very strong upfront, their O-Line completely physically dominated us in the frist game.
    hopefully we have enough tape on their QB to figure him out.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 am
  • Gore gives us problems no matter how much we prepare.

We have to build a lead early if we want to win. In the last game, we did not score and our D wore down fast.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 am
  • There O-line did dominate last time but we only had three days to prepare. A full week should help out a lot! Has any one heard that status on Justin Smith?
    Hawksfan78
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 am
  • Hawksfan78 wrote:There O-line did dominate last time but we only had three days to prepare. A full week should help out a lot! Has any one heard that status on Justin Smith?

Good point. I guess we will see how much of a factor 3 days preparation was.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 am
  • pehawk wrote:I think the Hawks can key on the run MORE now that Kaps in. Scott identified for me, my abstract criticism of Kap and the 49ers current passing attack; its simple with few options for him to evaluate. So, the 49ers are keeping things VERY simple for him. Get good secondary play, and their totally beatable with Kap. That's how Rams did it, they have good corners.

Yeah, but there is one very big caveat there: When they keep that max protect look, they like to leak out Vernon Davis or Delanie Walker. Delanie isn't fast enough to get away from anyone but Hill, but VD can roast any of our linebackers and Kam. I expect a lot of cover 3 because they like to clear the underneath zones for VD by sending receivers deep, and then cross route VD. Or like last night, when they used VD to absorb the safety and sent Walker deep right. That was an easy read for Kaep.

I hope our offense can start fast, I want to see Kaep operate in the noise.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:34 am
  • They're really good. I have lots of concerns. I worry most about giving up big plays, or RW scrambling too much and getting thumped by Willis or Goldson.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:40 am
  • Jiggy wrote:Their ability to run. Both Kapernick and Gore are damn fine runners, it's that teams strength. Our defensive weakness seems to be stopping the run.

To compound that, Gore is damn good to the inside. Kapernick is pretty damn good to the outside.

Very true, but they are going to have to stop our read-react run game.

So there!
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:49 am
  • My biggest concern is our pass defense. I cant say I was impressed by lane or maxwell yesterday
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 am
  • I think it will come down to our pass rush. 8f Kaep has all day, it is going to be a long day. If we can force Kaep into some rushed throws added to the noise and confusion of the clink, I believe we can dominate this game.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:39 am
  • force them to pass, kaep takes a lot of risks throwing the ball, he should have been picked a couple times at least last night, NE's pass defense is not that good.. especially in the secondary, we will not give up all those plays deep like they did, not with ET playing lights out again..

maintain gap control, keep kaep in the pocket force him to throw, limit gore as much as possible....

we're going to have to put some points on the board, cannot play conservative, open that playbook up and let wilson lead us to victory...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 pm
  • Hawks need to key on the 9er run game. History shows if gore runs on us they win. That QB has poor placement. Force him to throw we should get some picks. 9ers gashed the pats about 8 yards every time they ran. I was not impressed with the 9er secondary the pats dropped a lot of balls, and brady was way off his game throwing some junk.

Hawks must not only win, but beat them down so they are soft and squishy for the cards next week
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:48 pm
  • If the Pats can almost beat these fools playing the way they did, I really have no issues going into this week. Seattle is clicking on all cylinders right now, and this is the first time in a long time I can honestly say, I am looking forward to squashing these nats on the way to the playoffs. If they play like they did on Sunday, they're doomed.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information