Marshawn the passer

Largent80

Reaction score
That was quite a duck he threw back to Wilson.

It did work however and I love that call and play from Bevell.

Hawker

Reaction score
Heh heh not the best of throws I will concur. And the several forward passes he attempted last season, IIRC, were also of the same wobbly/floater variety.

Still, I love the fleaflicker. Haven't seen one of those by a non-high school team in a good while. Glad it worked, and great sell by Tate I might add!

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
Hawker":3pfnnbe8 said:
Heh heh not the best of throws I will concur. And the several forward passes he attempted last season, IIRC, were also of the same wobbly/floater variety.

Still, I love the fleaflicker. Haven't seen one of those by a non-high school team in a good while. Glad it worked, and great sell by Tate I might add!
Patriots did one last night as well.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":2h4m6kfw said:
Hawker":2h4m6kfw said:

He said NON HIGH SCHOOL TEAM :lol:

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
kidhawk":zfnbpf0o said:
Jake Hawks":zfnbpf0o said:
Hawker":zfnbpf0o said:

He said NON HIGH SCHOOL TEAM :lol:
ShaqPointGif.gif

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The best part of that play was how incredibly fast Wilson released the ball. Too many times a QB will pump or look. He had a Dan Marino like release and just launched that sucker immediately knowing exactly where the ball had to be and where his receiver better be. He has an internal clock like nobody I've seen (except my man Ziggy Ansah). :)

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SharkHawk":11e8c0xm said:
The best part of that play was how incredibly fast Wilson released the ball. Too many times a QB will pump or look. He had a Dan Marino like release and just launched that sucker immediately knowing exactly where the ball had to be and where his receiver better be. He has an internal clock like nobody I've seen (except my man Ziggy Ansah). :)

The best part of the play to me was the brilliant design. They had all the lineman run to the right, as if the pitch to Lynch was happening. Everyone bit, and then 3 lineman stopped, and got set and formed a 3 man pocket (with a RB out ahead) around Russell Wilson. He could've held that ball for 5 more seconds and there are no ramifications. If Tate's not open, he could run with it (lineman around him, ala a screen) or just throw the ball away! Love the playcall by Bevell.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clip of the play? I was driving home when it happened and missed it.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
If he would have held it another half second, it would have failed, as the two guys had figured it out and were right on Golden's heels. I think hawksfan515 is correct in that he probably could have run for some yards, but it was designed as a throw, not as an option throw, and that was obvious by how quickly Russ released the ball. It was instantaneous. I seriously haven't seen anybody release a ball that quickly since Marino in his glory days, and he's widely known as having the quickest release ever.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
God I love watching that play. Was watching the game on NFL rewind and must've watched this over and over for about 10 minutes. That is a gorgeous pocket, and even #60 (thought it was a RB) could've helped block. Just beautiful. If Tate needs 5 more seconds to get open, he's got it.

Bevell really deserves props for that. Didn't require much execution by the players at all is the best part. Maybe Tate to get open. That's about it.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
After watching that again, I'm going to have to disagree with you that he could have had a long run. There are three guys in pursuit across the line. He may have picked up 5-7 yards, but he didn't have that side of the field open for a TD or anything. It was throw or nothing for a big play and that throw was like a lazer shooting out of the shark's head on my avatar.

PAT206

Reaction score
i think that was one for the Canadian audience

mikeak

Reaction score
I think he has a long run - lol

He has one blocker upfield which can take the higher up of the defenders and the other guy won't make it over there. Looks to me like RW catches the ball looks up and immediately sees that the pass is open. If he sees anything else he is running

mikeak

Reaction score
PAT206":cvvwovde said:
i think that was one for the Canadian audience

Just so they could go - what the heck I only thougt you were allowed to throw the ball once... :?: :?: :?: :?: (looked for head-scratching smiley thingy but couldn't find it...)

Atradees

Reaction score
I have never seen so many gadget plays actually work. It is really fun.

As long as the pass goes behind the original thrower or passer...the dangerous part is that if the pass is dropped its a live

ball and can be jumped on for a turnover! :bitenails: So it is a very risky play. Imagine the running back short arming the pass

because he just blocked someone or whatever. The ball is just like a fumble instead of an incomplete pass. :pray: