Marshawn the passer

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Marshawn the passer
Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:07 am
  • That was quite a duck he threw back to Wilson.

It did work however and I love that call and play from Bevell.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Marshawn the passer
Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:04 am
  • Heh heh not the best of throws I will concur. And the several forward passes he attempted last season, IIRC, were also of the same wobbly/floater variety.

Still, I love the fleaflicker. Haven't seen one of those by a non-high school team in a good while. Glad it worked, and great sell by Tate I might add!
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:20 pm
  • Hawker wrote:Heh heh not the best of throws I will concur. And the several forward passes he attempted last season, IIRC, were also of the same wobbly/floater variety.

Still, I love the fleaflicker. Haven't seen one of those by a non-high school team in a good while. Glad it worked, and great sell by Tate I might add!

Patriots did one last night as well.
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:25 pm
  • Jake Hawks wrote:
    Hawker wrote:Heh heh not the best of throws I will concur. And the several forward passes he attempted last season, IIRC, were also of the same wobbly/floater variety.

He said NON HIGH SCHOOL TEAM :lol:
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Jake Hawks wrote:
    Hawker wrote:Heh heh not the best of throws I will concur. And the several forward passes he attempted last season, IIRC, were also of the same wobbly/floater variety.

He said NON HIGH SCHOOL TEAM :lol:

Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:59 pm
  • The best part of that play was how incredibly fast Wilson released the ball. Too many times a QB will pump or look. He had a Dan Marino like release and just launched that sucker immediately knowing exactly where the ball had to be and where his receiver better be. He has an internal clock like nobody I've seen (except my man Ziggy Ansah). :)
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:The best part of that play was how incredibly fast Wilson released the ball. Too many times a QB will pump or look. He had a Dan Marino like release and just launched that sucker immediately knowing exactly where the ball had to be and where his receiver better be. He has an internal clock like nobody I've seen (except my man Ziggy Ansah). :)

The best part of the play to me was the brilliant design. They had all the lineman run to the right, as if the pitch to Lynch was happening. Everyone bit, and then 3 lineman stopped, and got set and formed a 3 man pocket (with a RB out ahead) around Russell Wilson. He could've held that ball for 5 more seconds and there are no ramifications. If Tate's not open, he could run with it (lineman around him, ala a screen) or just throw the ball away! Love the playcall by Bevell.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 pm
  • Does anyone have a clip of the play? I was driving home when it happened and missed it.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 pm
  • Wilson fired that ball almost instantly. One of the reasons it worked

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 pm
  • If he would have held it another half second, it would have failed, as the two guys had figured it out and were right on Golden's heels. I think hawksfan515 is correct in that he probably could have run for some yards, but it was designed as a throw, not as an option throw, and that was obvious by how quickly Russ released the ball. It was instantaneous. I seriously haven't seen anybody release a ball that quickly since Marino in his glory days, and he's widely known as having the quickest release ever.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:40 pm
  • God I love watching that play. Was watching the game on NFL rewind and must've watched this over and over for about 10 minutes. That is a gorgeous pocket, and even #60 (thought it was a RB) could've helped block. Just beautiful. If Tate needs 5 more seconds to get open, he's got it.

Bevell really deserves props for that. Didn't require much execution by the players at all is the best part. Maybe Tate to get open. That's about it.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm
  • After watching that again, I'm going to have to disagree with you that he could have had a long run. There are three guys in pursuit across the line. He may have picked up 5-7 yards, but he didn't have that side of the field open for a TD or anything. It was throw or nothing for a big play and that throw was like a lazer shooting out of the shark's head on my avatar.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm
  • i think that was one for the Canadian audience
    PAT206
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:09 pm
  • I think he has a long run - lol

He has one blocker upfield which can take the higher up of the defenders and the other guy won't make it over there. Looks to me like RW catches the ball looks up and immediately sees that the pass is open. If he sees anything else he is running
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:14 pm
  • PAT206 wrote:i think that was one for the Canadian audience

Just so they could go - what the heck I only thougt you were allowed to throw the ball once... :?: :?: :?: :?: (looked for head-scratching smiley thingy but couldn't find it...)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:20 pm
  • I have never seen so many gadget plays actually work. It is really fun.

As long as the pass goes behind the original thrower or passer...the dangerous part is that if the pass is dropped its a live

ball and can be jumped on for a turnover! :bitenails: So it is a very risky play. Imagine the running back short arming the pass

because he just blocked someone or whatever. The ball is just like a fumble instead of an incomplete pass. :pray:
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information