We're better off as the #5 seed

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
Anything to avoid the Packers in Green Bay until the NFC Championship. Playing at the NFC East champ then at Atlanta doesn't scare me as much as playing in Green Bay.

Largent80

Reaction score
We are going to have to do this on the road, which is a very difficult task. However, the team that beat us in the SB did exactly that.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
This is assuming the 6th seed doesn't win their first game as well. Then we'd end up playing at GB/San Fran in the second round, regardless. Agreed that our opening round game would be better in this situation though.

taz291819

Reaction score
Largent80":178qa9fg said:
We are going to have to do this on the road, which is a very difficult task. However, the team that beat us in the SB did exactly that.

I thought it was Carolina that were the road warriors during those playoffs?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Playing in Green Bay might actually favor us. The weather should be bad, which favors the pound it out on the ground type of football we accel at and they don't.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I have a feeling if NE would have won, you wouldn't have posted this. I'll take a home game any day of the week against any team over an away game in the playoffs.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
taz291819":wpiotfva said:
Largent80":wpiotfva said:

I thought it was Carolina that were the road warriors during those playoffs?

On the NFC side, maybe. They weren't feeling much like road warriors when they left Qwest Field. The 'Stealers,' I believe, were the sixth seed in the AFC that year. If I remember right, they whipped Denver and the highly favored Colts along the way. The Colts had HFA througout, so they were well rested for the game.

OP
OP
PhillySeahawk

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2oh73w3i said:
I have a feeling if NE would have won, you wouldn't have posted this. I'll take a home game any day of the week against any team over an away game in the playoffs.

Actually not true. I've been saying it for a couple of weeks now. Once the Bears lost to Green Bay and I knew the #2 seed was out of the question, I was rooting for New England. IMO, easier road to the NFC Championship as the #5 seed than the #3.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
NFC #5 - Only 6 of 18 teams have advanced past the Wild Card round (33.3%) and only two teams (11.1%) have ever reached the Conference Championship. But only one NFC#5 seeded team has reached the Super Bowl, the 2007 New York Giants. And in that year they won it all.

NFC #6 - has to play at the minimum the #3 and #1 NFC seeded teams in the playoffs. However, unlike their AFC counterparts the NFC #6 seed tends to see a slightly greater amount of success. 9 NFC #6 seeded teams (50%) have advanced past the Wild Card round. No NFC #6 seeded team has ever advanced past the divisional playoff round.

http://voices.yahoo.com/a-look-nfc-team ... 7014.html/

Lithium

Reaction score
lets just make the playoffs, im still worried about that. could care less who we play it'll be a tall task either way

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":21w3zkpr said:
lets just make the playoffs, im still worried about that. could care less who we play it'll be a tall task either way

All we have to do is win one of our two remaining home games.......one in which is against the Rams who will already have their golf clubs out and bags packed for Hawaii.

If we lose the next two home games we don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Correct about the Stealers. That was the year the Bungles won the division and they took out Palmer and Kitna came on to lose the game.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
PhillySeahawk":1uugqozb said:
AbsolutNET":1uugqozb said:

Actually not true. I've been saying it for a couple of weeks now. Once the Bears lost to Green Bay and I knew the #2 seed was out of the question, I was rooting for New England. IMO, easier road to the NFC Championship as the #5 seed than the #3.

If we beat SF the GB will be #2 and the #3 team will have to go to Green Bay if they beat #6. Of all the playoff teams GB and Seattle would be the two biggest homefield advantages in the NFC. If we lose to SF they could end up #2 and GB #3 meaning we are almost assured the #6 seed if we get in at all as we'd lose the tie breaker with NYG and WAS.

That is the worst case scenario. A win vs SF is huge for our confidence and playoff positioning. i'd much rather Have SF be #3 seed and even if we lose to Rams and get #6 seed I know we can win at candelstick, we almost did it on thursday night playing as carppy as we did.

CANHawk

Reaction score
PhillySeahawk":3cff49im said:
Anything to avoid the Packers in Green Bay until the NFC Championship. Playing at the NFC East champ then at Atlanta doesn't scare me as much as playing in Green Bay.

I do not fear playing in Green Bay; I look forward to it. Our boys will make fondue out of those cheese dicks and shut that haters up forever.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
At this point, the Seahawks just need to win. They have the luxury of playing their last two games at home. I feel that the way this team is playing, that they can win both of those games. They are all big and the best thing for the Seahawks is to give themselves the best seeding possible. Do the best they can to keep the pressure on.

This team is on a serious roll right now, they just need to keep that energy and they can beat anyone regardless of their seeding.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2rnvdgm5 said:
NFC #5 - Only 6 of 18 teams have advanced past the Wild Card round (33.3%) and only two teams (11.1%) have ever reached the Conference Championship. But only one NFC#5 seeded team has reached the Super Bowl, the 2007 New York Giants. And in that year they won it all.

NFC #6 - has to play at the minimum the #3 and #1 NFC seeded teams in the playoffs. However, unlike their AFC counterparts the NFC #6 seed tends to see a slightly greater amount of success. 9 NFC #6 seeded teams (50%) have advanced past the Wild Card round. No NFC #6 seeded team has ever advanced past the divisional playoff round.

http://voices.yahoo.com/a-look-nfc-team ... 7014.html/

Not true - Green Bay won the Super Bowl year before last as the #6 NFC team (same year we were 7-9 and beat NOLA).

rideaducati

Reaction score
PhillySeahawk":33eibpxn said:

After Seattle beats the whiners, Green Bay will be the #2 seed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shaz":3hyprexw said:
Green Bay doesn't scare me in the slightest

They should. They've won 10 of their past 11 games, should have beat us at home, and would have the most extra motivation of any playoff matchup against us.

If you don't think they'd be licking their lips at playing the Hawks at home in the playoffs, then you're fooling yourself.

Latest posts