We didn't deserve the division

amill87

Reaction score
So I don't think I've ever been as emotionally attached to a game not involving the Seahawks as the Pats/Niners game tonight. It seriously pisses me off that the douche Harbaugh is gonna (likely) get another division title.

But I got to thinking about it. The Hawks dropped a couple games this year that they had no business losing. I know it goes both ways and you can say we won games we shouldn't have but really we should not have lost the Dolphins and Lions (I will excuse the division games because they are always tough). Those two teams are absolutely inferior to the Seahawks and maybe winning this season out and losing out on the division title by a half game may be exactly what this young team needs.

While the Niners have a pretty talented team, I would say our defense is inching closer to be equal to theirs and at this point in time, our offense just has more layers to it than theirs. Wilson is the best QB in the division. Lynch is the best RB in the division. With all the personnel we have, we can run the option, we can do RB passes, we can do WR passes, we can ram the ball down your throat and we can air it out.

And you know the best part to all this? This isn't even the final year of Pete's rebuilding plan, there is still some things left that they felt they need to address. With the way this FO has been operating (BTW, is there any chance that John Schneider does not win GM of the year?), I have no doubt that this is just the beginning.

My message to all the Niner fans riding a high right now, congrats on your win tonight. You guys better celebrate your asses off about this year because this is going to be the last time you win the division for quite some time.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Seattle absolutely deserves to win *a* division. If they finish 11-5, that would win most divisions in the NFL, and Seattle had a tough schedule this year. That said, the Niners deserve it more right now. Hopefully the Seahawks will grow from this season and realize that it's awfully tough to win a division with a losing road record.

That said, I feel 14-2 next season. I feel it in my bones.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
kearly":39xxn0rf said:
I think Seattle absolutely deserves to win *a* division. If they finish 11-5, that would win most divisions in the NFL, and Seattle had a tough schedule this year. That said, the Niners deserve it more right now. Hopefully the Seahawks will grow from this season and realize that it's awfully tough to win a division with a losing road record.

We are on the same page. I think losing the division by a half game will just fuel these guys even more. I don't expect us to lose games like a Miami or Detroit next year.

I think next year will be something special but I got this feeling growing inside me that this year might be special as well.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":1wvx5uxo said:

It is so weird to me how good the Seahawks could look next season. We have a elite offense, potentially and elite defense, and an elite special teams. It really is amazing.

And the even weirder part is, we haven't even pumped many picks into our offense. In fact, the area of our offense we've pumped the most draft value into (the line) is arguably the worst unit when all starters are healthy. So weird.

None the less, we gotta draft some pass rushers again this year, methinks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Whiner/Pats game just goes to show it's a lot harder to get where you want to go when you depend on someone else to help you get there. Flat out should've beaten Detroit and Miami, pure and simple. Go ahead and throw in a loss to GB, and that scenario still means winning out at this point wins the division. However, those losses to inferior teams may, in the long run, be better for this team because it could keep them from overlooking/playing down to future inferior opponents. Let's hope so.

themunn

Reaction score
I'd argue that our defense cost us the division, anyone think we'd say that 3 months ago?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Well said.

The Niners have done a better job than us of bringing their attitude with them on the road. They don't show some of the signs of youth that we have.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Scottemojo":38arzp0t said:
Well said.

The Niners have done a better job than us of bringing their attitude with them on the road. They don't show some of the signs of youth that we have.

:13: this for sure.. Our players are still young and learning to bring their mojo with them on the road. They are also just now building some of these match-up rivalries on the field as well, compelling them with confidence to excel. A bit of maturation will do our boys some good. These are the kind of players that are going to make our rookies believe in themselves early in their careers during camp etc...

All that said, our guys will be that much more hungry and aware of the importance of each game in the future imo. But this isnt over yet!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
This next one will be a true guage for how good we are. If we can't handle Ninners at home then we have no business talking about division titles and what-ifs.
If winning a division crown makes this young team complacent then I'd rather have us on the road ready to scratch and claw in all 3 phases of the game.
Teams like us are just meant to be underdogs and play with an edge that way. Now we gots to to prove it on the road in the playoffs.

But first let's maul the Ninners and ride the Rams on our turf. Go Hawks!

Largent80

Reaction score
The one thing that I DO like is that we seem to have discovered that nastiness on the road and have 2 road wins in a row. Perfect for our playoff scenario.

We also should have beaten the Rams out of all the other ones mentioned as well.

60niners

Reaction score
amill87":227wsd08 said:
My message to all the Niner fans riding a high right now, congrats on your win tonight. You guys better celebrate your asses off about this year because this is going to be the last time you win the division for quite some time.
This Niner team is also building towards a future. 2nd year QB, young contributors on offense and defense and a new staff. The Seahawks aren't the only team with a plan for the future.

Hawknight

Reaction score
kearly":wlyvvqn8 said:

I'm a 110% with you on that one

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I said before the NE game that if SF can win that one, they have earned the division title. Its a bummer that NE lost the way they did, but SF did what they had to. No arguing that SF is worthy of a high conference seed.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Nope, not this year. Too much newness on the offensive side at the beginning of the year.

...But it's a whole new season when the playoffs start, and we can earn our stripes there.