GB win could become irrelevant

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hear me out on this

#1 ATL 14-2 (still ahead by 1 game if GB had won)
#2 GB 12-4 (a win vs SEA wouldn't have changed a thing for GB 13-3 would still be #2)
#3 SF 11-4-1 (win vs NE, loss to SEA, win v AZ)
#4 NYG 10-6 (wins out, DAL beats WAS but NYG holds tie breaker)
#5 SEA 11-5 ( Wins out and gets the #1 WC spot likely traveling to NFC East Winner (WAS, NYG, or DAL)
#6 CHI 10-6 (even if SEA had lost to GB and was 10-6 hawks hold the tie breaker)
#6A DAL 10-6 (If CHI loses a game DAL would be in if SEA had lost to GB and was 10-6 hawks hold the tie breaker)

I sure hope a scenario like this plays out so nobody can throw the MNF GoldenGate catch into the convo arguing we didn't deserve this or that.

drdiags

Reaction score
May be true, but the controversy generates web link hits and good fodder for grandstanding mediots. That story will play for the rest of the season and will be referenced from now on. Tuck Rule. Immaculate Reception. And Fail Mary. We just have to enjoy being the bad guys.

nsport

Reaction score
I've said many times, that controversial call on MNF might have saved their season. They were playing like dog crap up to that point - then went on the figure out a bunch of stuff and put themselves in the drivers seat for a bye. That call (the RIGHT call) woke the sleeping giant... GB is a scary team - they are a lot like NE, where the offense can shred you with a lot of tools. ATL is the same - can beat you with their base O and force you to play them straight up. The NFC is tough this year for sure - overall each team has some serious strengths who will be slated for the post season.