Chicken Little/Debbie Downer Thread

oasis

Reaction score
I'm an avid Seahawks fan and as such, I try to look at the whole picture of this team -- and my opinion is not nearly as optimistic.

Yes, we are strong in all phases but the one that matters.

Line of scrimmage: Our offensive and defensive linemen were average against weak opposing linemen. So what happens when we play a team with above average linemen? I think many can admit it has been an issue over the past couple weeks, and if it's not fixed our geese are collectively cooked.

mistaowen

Reaction score
oasis":1ij1nbph said:
I'm an avid Seahawks fan and as such, I try to look at the whole picture of this team -- and my opinion is not nearly as optimistic.

Yes, we are strong in all phases but the one that matters.

Line of scrimmage: Our offensive and defensive linemen were average against weak opposing linemen. So what happens when we play a team with above average linemen? I think many can admit it has been an issue over the past couple weeks, and if it's not fixed our geese are collectively cooked.

Pretty sure we just gashed two straight teams in the running game with both running backs.... Also think RW has only been sacked once.

The only problem I have seen in the past month was when we repeatedly ran up the middle against the Dolphins where they are very strong. Our pass rush is 10x better at home than on the road, but we got great pressure today in the second half even if it wasn't all sacks. We're fine.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Our pass rush needs to show the f*** up. Other than that god we look good.

If we only have ONE facet of our game where we are weak, I'm ok with that. So many teams can't run/throw (tebow last year) and many can't play defense at all. You can overcome one bad part of your game.

Largent80

Reaction score
Evidently you missed Irvin strip sacking Fitz, and then recovering the ball and almost scoring?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Pass rush was weak in the first half but picked it up in the 2nd. I don't understand the complaints about the o-line. Lynch had over 100 in about 3 quarters of work. And there were plays when Wilson could have ate a hotdog before throwing

VHawk

Reaction score
Just keep your head in the sand and be fearful while we win the Super Bowl this year.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Largent80":392icfor said:
Evidently you missed Irvin strip sacking Fitz, and then recovering the ball and almost scoring?
Pretty sure that was Clemons

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm with Sonic. We've faced terrible QB's for the last two games. Cutler was given a lot of extra protection, but even Ryan Tannehill had time.