Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Browner question
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 am 
NET Veteran

Even tho he's serving his 4 game suspension, does that keep him from practicing with the players at the VMAC?

Post subject: Re: Browner question
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 am 
NET Rookie

yes

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:00 am 
NET Veteran

ProckHawks wrote:
yes

Bummer, I was hopeing that he'd be there giving advice to his temporary replacement.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:13 am 
NET Veteran

On the latest Real Rob Report a bunch of the players are giving BB a few shout outs, since he cant be there.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:47 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

I've always thought it was the wrong thing to keep the players away from the facility during a suspension. If, for instance a player is suspended for illegal drug use (i.e. Meth), then doesn't it seem better to keep him around the team where he's getting support and not going out partying and getting in more trouble? Anyway, my 2 cents.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:49 am 
NET Veteran

"Jail House Shout Out to my man BB!"

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 am 
NET Veteran

Jazzhawk wrote:
I've always thought it was the wrong thing to keep the players away from the facility during a suspension. If, for instance a player is suspended for illegal drug use (i.e. Meth), then doesn't it seem better to keep him around the team where he's getting support and not going out partying and getting in more trouble? Anyway, my 2 cents.

I would agree when it comes to drug use such as that or alcohol (see current Dallas situation) but this is a PED - it is cheating he was deemed guilty of it and doesn't belong on the team for the lenght of the suspension

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:22 am 
* NET Hottie *

BB is going to come back all rusty. This sucks.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Seahwkgal wrote:

This is my thought as well. Yes, if the team makes the playoffs they get him back, but after being off for a month what will his conditioning be like? He probably pulls a hammy just like Thurmond, who had 4 weeks after coming off PUP before playing. Guess those young pups Maxwell and Lane will have to step up.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

scutterhawk wrote:
ProckHawks wrote:
yes

Bummer, I was hopeing that he'd be there giving advice to his temporary replacement.

I'm not too concerned about this. Honestly I have no idea what type of "coach" he'd make. I do think though, the coaches we have can handle the role of advice givers :)

Seahwkgal wrote:

This comes down to his own personal work ethic. I am hoping he works hard during his suspension time and comes back ready to go, but if this isn't the case, the league generally allows for roster exemptions if a team doesn't feel a player is ready to activate right away when the suspension is over. Similar to how it works when they come off the PUP list. So if he's not ready, Pete doesn't have to make room for him to come back right away.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:27 pm 
NET Veteran

BB has worked his tail off to get where he is, you think he's lounging on the couch for a month? come on...

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:29 pm 
* NET Hottie *

I am still mad at both Browner and Sherman for even messing with a known PED, although Sherman's case is not completely known. BB owned up. This really sucks and the timing is bad.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Galen96 wrote:
BB has worked his tail off to get where he is, you think he's lounging on the couch for a month? come on...

I asked about his suspension as maybe having an effect on the team for not having him in there playing, or giving advice.
I never expected that he would see this time off as a chance to kick back, on the contrary, I would think he'd want to work even harder to reclaim his place on the team, because he wouldn't want to give any impression letting up, or that he's not the warrior that Pete and John hired for the job.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]