If Sea and SF win today...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
If Sea and SF win today...
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 am
  • And assume we in next week... And against STL the week after...

What are the odds the Cardinals can pull a miracle against SF and give us the NFC west?

0 percent? 1 percent? Do you consider the west clinched by SF if they beat NE today?

Do you think Arizona would even let that happen considering what we just did to them, and what it would mean to us?

The only way I see it happen is if SF allows the cards to hang within a couple scores, by virtue of them resting starters, and the cards string like a touchdown and defensive pick 6/ forced fumble 6 together at the last second.

Discuss.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Re: If Sea and SF win today...
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:49 am
  • CaptainSkybeard wrote:And assume we in next week... And against STL the week after...

What are the odds the Cardinals can pull a miracle against SF and give us the NFC west?

0 percent? 1 percent? Do you consider the west clinched by SF if they beat NE today?

Do you think Arizona would even let that happen considering what we just did to them, and what it would mean to us?

The only way I see it happen is if SF allows the cards to hang within a couple scores, by virtue of them resting starters, and the cards string like a touchdown and defensive pick 6/ forced fumble 6 together at the last second.

Discuss.

if SF hasnt locked the division by then, they will not be resting any starters, you can be assured of that.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:50 am
  • 0% chance SF loses to AZ. Any Given Sunday doesnt apply to games with an elite defense vs. high school QBs.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:51 am
  • I'd like to see the Cardinals show some fight today, show some inclination that they haven't totally quit on the season yet. That's the only way I can ever see them making an upset bid in week 17.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:52 am
  • the cards beat them last year. as long as their offense doesnt give them the game we will be fine
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 am
  • I'd give the Cardinals about a -100% chance.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:55 am
  • AZ may be playing for draft picks at this point. SF winning at NE is a long shot.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• From the AZ perspective, it would be almost as good as a Superbowl appearance to beat the 9ers and play the spoiler role. It would end the Cards season on a high note-which they need. I will have to wait until the game is over before I acknowledge the division to the whiners.

That being said, the Cards are going to get demolished.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• I really don't care. I think the Hawks are approaching that sweet spot where the team is playing its best football at just the right time. I am not down with them being bad on the road, I think this team can turn the corner and just be unbeatable.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:58 am
  • The Cards game got away from them so fast I think the players did give up in that game because of it. I don't think the Cards have much of a chance of beating the niners but feel they would still play hard considering "all" there jobs rely on it.
    run and shoot
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:03 am
  • If SF beats the Pats today, our dreams of a division title this season are gone. I am 99% sure of that.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 am
  • I would say 0% chance, but the optimist in me will hold out hope if it's necessary, but honestly, I don't want to think about it. I want to beat Buffalo then spend my afternoon concentrating on the Patriots kicking the crap outta the Niners to make next week's game the game of the Year

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 am
  • kidhawk wrote:I would say 0% chance, but the optimist in me will hold out hope if it's necessary, but honestly, I don't want to think about it. I want to beat Buffalo then spend my afternoon concentrating on the Patriots kicking the crap outta the Niners to make next week's game the game of the Year

Yeah this.

I'm worried about todays game and you're worried about something 2 weeks away? Personally I think everyone better spend all their energy getting a win today. Cause is we lose today the entire thing could fall to hell in a handbasket.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 am
  • Taking care of business today will be the first step in trying to secure the West title, i just can not force myself to look past the game today, i have done that before only to let myself down, example Dolphins game.
    chawkjones
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:18 am
  • If SF wins tonight, every lady in the world who's BMI classifies them as overweight will be singing. We'll have to settle for the #5 seed.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:20 pm
  • Arizona can CERTAINLY beat SF. That rivalry is legit.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:19 pm
  • The cards played well today, so maybe a chance.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 pm
  • Evil_Shenanigans wrote:AZ may be playing for draft picks at this point. SF winning at NE is a long shot.

Dont agree the players do not play for draft picks. Wizenhunt will be playing for his life. A win could save his job.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:22 pm
  • Cards seemed to rally this week...they'll be playing the Niners for pride. Any given Sunday.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:24 pm
  • I give it a 15% chance with my calculations. It's the NFL and they made the lions look bad today.
    Loud and Proud - THEE 12th Man
    WSUhawk4life
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information