Hawks Sign Deon Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Deon Butler - WR - Seahawks

Seahawks re-signed WR Deon Butler.
Butler takes the place of Charly Martin, who was sent to injured reserve with a calf injury. Butler was at the team's facility for a workout on Friday. He was among Seattle's final cuts heading into the season. Butler had previously worked out for the Saints and Lions this year.
Source: Danny O'Neil on Twitter
Dec 15 - 4:32 PM

Didn't see this anywhere else other than the unconfirmed sighting thread.
Good news. I've always liked Butler.

pehawk

Reaction score
Nice!

I think he'll surprise us now that he's playing with a good QB. Hass wasn't Hass by the time Deon came around. He put up some good numbers, at a good school, and even avoided the temptation of fondling a toddler while there. He can produce.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wyqmhu6 said:
Watch Butler catch 3 TD passes from Wilson tomorrow. :lol:

Welcome back, Deon!
Gonna be hard to do since he won't be in Toronto.

Galen96

Reaction score
I doubt he is going be very involved. Him and Russell haven't exactly done a lot of throw and catch.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8tcj2vx8 said:
-The Glove-":8tcj2vx8 said:
Welcome back, Deon!
Gonna be hard to do since he won't be in Toronto.

O rly?

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks
Deon Butler re-signed and expected to play against the Buffalo Bills. http://shwks.com/n3fy #SEAvsBUF[/quote]
That's new news. Just the other day, they said he wasn't going to be flying to Toronto. That's good news then. My apologies.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ya, he'll be inactive. He hasn't played a down all season, so there's no way he's ready to contribute yet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1tne3e72 said:
Ya, he'll be inactive. He hasn't played a down all season, so there's no way he's ready to contribute yet.

After Golden Tate gets an 80-yard TD reception and then our defense forces a 3-and-out and he's still winded, someone will have to step in for him. :D

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Butler had not caught on with a new team yet. He should be a good addition for the stretch.

JKent82

Reaction score
Butler! Yay good to hear. I didn't think Butler fit at the beginning of the year really but with Ben Obomanu, Braylon Edwards and Charly Martin all gone I'm happy to see him back!

Then again I wanted Lockette to make the roster instead of Martin and I still miss having him around. I don't care what you guys think! He's still gonna be great! Jordan Kent yeah! But there's nothing on channel 83 right now. :cry:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I had high hopes for Deon, surprised he didn't end up being much of a deep threat, isn't he really fast? I didn't watch him a ton in college but wasn't he more of the over the middle catch everything Bobby Engram type? Wasn't it him who surpassed bobby's college records? Is it the whole press coverage issue?

bellingerga

Reaction score
I really liked Deon Butler, and glad to see him back. hope he sticks around for awhile and gets a legitimate shot to prove his worth like GOlden Tate has.

Status
Not open for further replies.