What name to get

Who is the best guy to get on the back of a new Seahawks jersey?

• Marshawn Lynch

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 44 53.0%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 12th Man

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Any one else (please describe in responses)

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

HearUsROAR

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am brand new to the forum and would like to receive some input from you guys.
Per the new Nike jerseys costing an arm and a leg to even get a replica I have held out on getting one hoping to get it for Christmas. the one that really catches my eye is the Wolf Grey alternates (the ones that will be used on Sunday). I currently have a Leroy Hill home jersey from reebok.
Over the course of the season a lot of new stories have emerged including Marshawn continuing his beast mentality, our defense, the infamous MNF play heard round the world, and of course Mr. Russell Wilson earning the starting QB job.
Usually I use these factors to determine who to get on a jersey I can not afford to get wrong.
My gut tells me to get Wilson as I feel he will be with us for a long, long time but at the same time Lynch is just amazing. I have guys from our defense to consider too with Earl Thomas topping off that list. And no Seahawk jersey name decision is complete without considering the 12th fan to dawn the back of our beloved teams shirt.
As you can see I would appreciate all the help I could get in deciding what to wish for.
Thanks!
-HUR

jhball

Reaction score
I got tired of players leaving after my jersey purchase. I would go with 12 personally.
Imo a specific players jersey should be a true franchise guy (# 8, 80, 71, etc). That said, #3 is on my list as soon as I can find a limited.
Good luck man!

SEC FAN

Reaction score
12. Its eternal. Players come and go but you can count on the modern 12 for atleast 5 years per NFL rules.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
jhball":22yn0n51 said:
I got tired of players leaving after my jersey purchase. I would go with 12 personally.
Imo a specific players jersey should be a true franchise guy (# 8, 80, 71, etc). That said, #3 is on my list as soon as I can find a limited.
Good luck man!

I hear ya on getting a player's jersey just to see them leave in the next year or two.

My first jersey was Lofa....and poof he was gone,

Next was a neon green Carlson jersey...and poof he was gone,

My last jersey was a BFS (with glitter)...

:mrgreen:

MrCarey

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the 12 jersey. I am a 12, but I want to wear the jersey of someone on the field. 12 feels like the easy way out. Never gotta worry if the guy you're wearing is leaving or getting hurt, just being that mediocre fan. Getting a sexy Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Marshawn Lynch, or Richard Sherman jersey, on the other hand, makes you awesome.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Personally, to top my list would be Sherman and Tate. I wouldn't get Wilson for no other reason than everybody else will, I like to be slightly different, but obviously Wilson is becoming a legend in Seattle sports (not there yet, on his way though). Same goes for Lynch, but I do have a Lynch jersey.

If you want to be super trendy get a Robinson jersey. Dude is so important to our team but never catches the spotlight due to the nature of the position.

sutz

Reaction score
What I did was get a personalized, #12 and my screen name. :)

And McCarey, we don't have "mediocre fans" here in Seattle. Ain't allowed. I think it's in the team charter somewhere.

:141847_bnono:

minormillikin

Reaction score
12 is the one that was retired from the field and is our actual jersey. Anything else, and you are just having some fantasy about being a real nfl player.

That said, sometimes I wear my 12 jersey and other times I enjoy some good healthy role playing and pretend to be Matt Hasselbeck, circa 2005.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
I had 12 different Jersey's before PC took over. Only 1 of them is still on our team. My wife and I went with the 12 Fan this year due to such turn over and not knowing who will be on the team from week to week. However, if I was going to get anyone right now it would be Sherman. I have liked him since he got drafted.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Number 12 for sure, authentic jersey with my forum name on it, expensive but well worth the price for longevity and overall quality compared to the cheaper versions.

On a related manner, the NFL Proshop finally has fresh inventory of home authentic jersey's if anyone has been looking.

GO HAWKS!!!

Chapman

Reaction score
#12 with your name on it. Not the out of the box FAN.
I personally own a Alexander and a Tatupu. Wouldn't mind a lynch or Wilson, or even show some Robinson some love.