Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Dangit Leroy Hill's starting at the Bills!
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:08 pm 
NET Veteran

No link, saw it somewhere. Dangit!!!

Heard Smith might split time with him though. ComPETE?

Post subject: Re: Dangit Leroy Hill's starting at the Bills!
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:13 pm 
* Report Button *

Need Smiths speed. Hopefully down a DB or two the use Leroy to blitz, he's still got a knack for blitzing. And weed.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm 
* NET Nobody *

pehawk wrote:
Need Smiths speed. Hopefully down a DB or two the use Leroy to blitz, he's still got a knack for blitzing. And weed.

For getting blitzed on weed maybe!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:19 pm 
* Report Button *

ivotuk wrote:
pehawk wrote:

For getting blitzed on weed maybe!

For real? Leroy can blitz. I dont know how or why anymore, really, it doesn't make sense, but he can still blitz.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:25 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I still love Leroy Hill. But I do hope that Malcolm Smith gets a lot of time on the field.

I am excited to see what Lane can do. The area I trust PC and JS most is drafting DB's. I fully expect him to be another great addition.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm 
* NET Baller *

JSeahawks wrote:
I still love Leroy Hill. But I do hope that Malcolm Smith gets a lot of time on the field.

I am excited to see what Lane can do. The area I trust PC and JS most is drafting DB's. I fully expect him to be another great addition.

pretty much my thoughts on errthang.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:54 pm 
* NET Alumni *

Leroy is treated like he's a 100 years old. What is he? 28 or something? He was a rookie in 2005. He isn't an old man. He's still got plenty of speed and that was how he was used so effectively his first 2 years. Then all of a sudden they stopped using him to blitz. John Marshall actually seemed to get it, that if he had two speedy LBers that he could blitz one of them and still be ok. He would use Lofa and Leroy to blitz to great effect in 2005 and then it seems like it has kind of fallen by the wayside. I guess it is because we haven't had the luxury until about now to use Leroy in that role. I think Wagner and Wright are getting to the point where they are assignment correct enough that you can turn Leroy loose. You can also bring him in with the 4 LBer look and not suffer too greatly in coverage against Buffalo because they don't have many great pass catchers. Then you can blitz a corner or safety and let the LBers pick up some coverage.

The main thing is that Leroy provides options that aren't there if he's not suited up, and the guy is a good player. He isn't ancient, and he is compact and quick around the end or through a hole in the line. He has no real big issues covering TE's and he will hit people like a freight train still because of his strength. I'd rather have 4 healthy LBers and one of them be a vet who has been there and done that, than 3 and be missing the vet. That's just me though.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:57 pm 
NET Rookie

is he better at stopping the run though? Cus aint that Bill's strength?

But yeah, I don't like dis! Smith!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:00 pm 
* Report Button *

Hawk-A-Loogie wrote:
is he better at stopping the run though? Cus aint that Bill's strength?

But yeah, I don't like dis! Smith!!!!

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate this dudes screen name. Like, it maybe the greatest ever.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:26 pm 
NET Veteran

Hill is good against the run. It is his pass defense that has dropped off. I think the Hawks are playing each game as a must win. The bills run OK so it makes sense to start him and pull him on passing downs.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:34 pm 
NET Veteran

Happypuppy wrote:
Hill is good against the run. It is his pass defense that has dropped off. I think the Hawks are playing each game as a must win. The bills run OK so it makes sense to start him and pull him on passing downs.

Yeah I pretty much break anything in sight when I see a receiver catch a crosser and then Hill running right behind him :229031_banghead: I've seen it happen to all our LB's, but I think to Leroy the most.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]