Deon Butler Sighting.

JKent82

Reaction score
Per Doug Baldwin's twitter.

Butler would probably make the most sense to bring in. Fairly familiar with the guys, still young. And hey I always liked him!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 6,226

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd love for Butler to get another shot.

IMO, though very different WRs, we never should have kept Edwards over him. Things have changed with our WR set since Butler was kicked to the curb. I think what may not have been a great fit back then, would work much better for us today. Who knows, maybe he really fills in and with the improved play of Tate, we may not have to use a 1st on a WR in April. That would be a wonderful thing.

canzag

Reaction score
also like this.I expect him to be inactive this week in the Charley Martin role

kidhawk

Reaction score
Always liked Butler. I agree he'll likely be inactive this week, but I like this move better than bringing up. someone with no real experience this close to playoff time. We are pretty young already, it's nice to bring in someone with a little time under his belt

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
We really, really need to think 1 or 2 WRs in this years draft. We don't have depth there at all.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Bring back Butler. I always thought he got a raw deal. Dude broke his leg for us in 2011. (Well, sort of. I mean, he broke his leg, but I can't say if it was really 'for us'.)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2e3kylcn said:
We really, really need to think 1 or 2 WRs in this years draft. We don't have depth there at all.

I agree. I'd love to see Kearse, Bates, Tuninea (sp?) become good players, it's just we need to inject more talent into the group. I hope we use a 1st-3rd pick on a WR (higher end pick) and maybe someone to develop in the 5-6th round.

Even Baldwin had the 1 good year and has been limited this year due to injuries and whatnot. I'd like to see us retool that position, like we've done at so many other position group.

mikeak

Reaction score
Remember that the 3rd WR typically gets better once you get that first and second threat. So as Rice and Tate have played better and McCoy had a great game last week an "unknown" WR may get many open looks in his first game out there. Kind of like Ogletree for Dallas that had a huge first game against the Giants...

canzag

Reaction score
Now read that butler will not travel with the team to toronto

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It would be nice to bring him in, he's def. an upgrade over Kearse, and has made plenty of plays in his career. I mean Moore?? He's brutal.

kidhawk

Reaction score
canzag":21hnqzuy said:
Now read that baldwin will not travel with the team to toronto

Baldwin? Do you mean Butler? Baldwin isn't on the injury report. He should definitely be travelling.

As for Butler I haven't even seen an official signing for him yet, so there's no way he's playing sunday with no practice time at all. If he is in town to be signed, he'll practice next week.

aredub

Reaction score
Nothing against Butler since I like him but I'm starting to feel a little worried about our WR core. We are another injury away from being in serious trouble.

canzag

Reaction score
kidhawk":291gc6go said:
canzag":291gc6go said:
Now read that baldwin will not travel with the team to toronto

Baldwin? Do you mean Butler? Baldwin isn't on the injury report. He should definitely be travelling.

As for Butler I haven't even seen an official signing for him yet, so there's no way he's playing sunday with no practice time at all. If he is in town to be signed, he'll practice next week.

Whoops-yes meant Butler,will edit it

HawkWow

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1zj9m5jl said:
T-Sizzle":1zj9m5jl said:

I agree. I'd love to see Kearse, Bates, Tuninea (sp?) become good players, it's just we need to inject more talent into the group. I hope we use a 1st-3rd pick on a WR (higher end pick) and maybe someone to develop in the 5-6th round.

Even Baldwin had the 1 good year and has been limited this year due to injuries and whatnot. I'd like to see us retool that position, like we've done at so many other position group.

I pretty much gave up on Kearse during his senior year at UDub and didn't expect much from him as a Hawk. He just refuses to look the ball in. I'd love to see him get on track.

With improved play from our current set, I am hopeful Butler will have an impact so we don't absolutely have to use our 1st on a WR. Robert Woods didn't have the year expected of him and was over-shadowed by Marquis Lee. I hope that means he falls from the 1st and we can trade up to get him in the 2nd. He is a great kid, has great hands, runs precise routes, very coachable and I think has a huge upside. We might want to grab a project type burner later in the draft as well. One thing I am confident in, whomever we draft, will be solid and that's just a great feeling to have.