BleacherReport (I know lol) has us having only 3 Pro Bowlers

Steve2222

Reaction score
Marshawn
Sherman
Chancellor

With a bunch of alternates: Okung, Unger, Clemons, Wagner, ET.

I know its BR which is a pretty bad site but this is the first Pro Bowl Predicition I've come across. Thoughts? Having only two Pro Bowlers on the leagues 3rd best Defense seems kind of low.

Meeker

Reaction score
Sherman won't make it, due to his suspension. Yeah, he technically has a chance of having it overturned, but its virtually nil.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
16312117.jpg

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
news flash: the seahawks are not popular outside of the northwest. There will probably be several deserving guys that dont get the recognition.

Cartire

Reaction score
to be completely fair, the bleacher does nothing different then the writers of espn or nfl. They make bogus predictions or "Expert" picks. They have statistically the same averages across the board as every sports site. They're just writers and pundits making educated claims and hoping they're right.

Also, Sherman is still elgible until after his appeal. So right now, chances are that he'll get voted in before hes taken off. He'll still get the honor of knowing he was voted in.

And lastly, his predictions really arent that far off. There is 16 teams with studs at some positions. Could make a case for ET being more then an alternate, but this season hasnt been his best. Hes still doing his job fairly well and one of the better safeties out there still. My gut tells me that he'll still get voted in from notiriety. Leroy and KJ wont. Reds had a mediocre year. Mebane is a possibility, but theres a lot of good tackles in the league and not everyone gets to go. Tons of probowl pass rushers out there, so clemons being on the alternate seems fitting for now. Russel wont when you stack up the NFC QB's. It would be cool, and hes overcome a lot and proven a lot of people wrong, but there is to many elites in the NFC, and Griffen is already gonna take a spot as we know.
Too many Star Wide Recievers out there, so you know that ours arent going, and thats fine. Next year if rice keep his productions up, I can see him going again. Our TE's have done their job, but theyre not a graham or a gonzalas.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Steve2222":1g0nmf9u said:
Marshawn
Sherman
Chancellor

I know its BR which is a pretty bad site but this is the first Pro Bowl Predicition I've come across. Thoughts? Having only two Pro Bowlers on the leagues 3rd best Defense seems kind of low.

Sounds about right, who do you think they got it wrong on?

- Wagner's having a great year, but he's not better than Bowman, Briggs or Willis (yet).
- Love me some Thomas, but he only has two picks this year.
- Browner? Sorry, but suspension put a damper on getting another selection.

OP
OP
Steve2222

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3p676835 said:
Steve2222":3p676835 said:
Marshawn
Sherman
Chancellor

Sounds about right, who do you think they got it wrong on?

- Wagner's having a great year, but he's not better than Bowman, Briggs or Willis (yet).
- Love me some Thomas, but he only has two picks this year.
- Browner? Sorry, but suspension put a damper on getting another selection.

I guess really only ET. I dont care about his stats. His impact as an elite player doesn't show up in the statistics by the nature of his great play and ability. And Im sure players and coaches see this during both the game and film study. Theres a reason guys like Revis and Bailey have like 2 INTs a year. They're given no chances by opposing QBs.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cartire":21cb23pn said:
to be completely fair, the bleacher does nothing different then the writers of espn or nfl.

Bleacher writers' lack of football knowledge makes the average ESPN/NFL writer look like Greg Cosell.

As far as Pro Bowlers, I honestly don't see any Seahawks starting in the Pro Bowl at all. We're a young team stacked up against a very strong year for the entire NFC; every strong Seahawk has heavy, long-recognized competition at their position.

I don't know how fan votes will factor in. The Packers are strongly represented in the Pro Bowl voting, which won't help, but so are its division rivals.

We'll have plenty of alternates, though. Lynch, M-Rob, Unger, Clemons, Mebane, Wagner, ET, and Ryan should all be in the mix for that. Ryan and Okung might actually have a shot at starting; Okung hasn't allowed a sack this year.

OP
OP
Steve2222

Steve2222

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1ehc79bk said:
Cartire":1ehc79bk said:
to be completely fair, the bleacher does nothing different then the writers of espn or nfl.

Bleacher writers' lack of football knowledge makes the average ESPN/NFL writer look like Greg Cosell.

As far as Pro Bowlers, I honestly don't see any Seahawks starting in the Pro Bowl at all. We're a young team stacked up against a very strong year for the entire NFC; every strong Seahawk has heavy, long-recognized competition at their position.

I don't know how fan votes will factor in. The Packers are strongly represented in the Pro Bowl voting, which won't help, but so are its division rivals.

We'll have plenty of alternates, though. Lynch, M-Rob, Unger, Clemons, Mebane, Wagner, ET, and Ryan should all be in the mix for that. Ryan and Okung might actually have a shot at starting; Okung hasn't allowed a sack this year.

lol at the thought of Lynch being an alternate. Did you mean back up?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ekgy6eu said:
MontanaHawk05":2ekgy6eu said:
Cartire":2ekgy6eu said:

lol at the thought of Lynch being an alternate. Did you mean back up?

Err yeah, sorry.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
No Mention of Farwell? He and Unger deserve it as well! I have been voting like crazy lately for all of them frankly!

tubbs51

Reaction score
I'm not too surprised. The NFC probowl team will contain the 49ers and Bears, both of whom are much more national and known as opposed to our Seahawks.

:sarcasm_on: Either way i hope we see defense in the probowl this year. :sarcasm_off:

Chapow

Reaction score
There are some pretty damn good players on teams other than the Seahawks. That might explain it.