Walter Thurmond

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 am
  • I thought I heard on the radio this morning that Walter Thurmond pulled his hamstring. I can't seem to find any links about it, or how severe.

    If this is the case, I am worried about his longevity.
    "I just try to be the calm in the storm." - Wilsonism 101
    User avatar
    MLTHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 148
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 am
  • He was on the injury report as a limited participant. There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season. He'll be fine. Lynch has been on the injury list all year.

    Don't worry about midweek injury reports.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3045
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 am
  • MLTHawk wrote:I thought I heard on the radio this morning that Walter Thurmond pulled his hamstring. I can't seem to find any links about it, or how severe.

    If this is the case, I am worried about his longevity.


    Pete mentioned it in his press conference. Thurmond was limited, but still participated. I would be more concerned with injuries on Thurmond that were from the knee down. His hamstring is likely just from going practice speed to game speed in a short period.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:02 am
  • Basis4day wrote:He was on the injury report as a limited participant. There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season. He'll be fine. Lynch has been on the injury list all year.

    Don't worry about midweek injury reports.



    Normally I would agree with you, but this is Thurmond we're talking about. I feel sorry for him, but he just can not be relied upon. The guy just can't stay healthy.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1246
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:03 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:He was on the injury report as a limited participant. There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season. He'll be fine. Lynch has been on the injury list all year.

    Don't worry about midweek injury reports.



    Normally I would agree with you, but this is Thurmond we're talking about. I feel sorry for him, but he just can not be relied upon. The guy just can't stay healthy.


    Yea, Lynch has proven to be able to play hurt. Thurmond has proven that he gets knocked out for long stretches with injuries. We should all be worried.
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2390
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:04 am
  • Basis4day wrote: There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season.


    There's no such thing as a healthy Walter Thurmond, ever.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:05 am
  • Thurmond is starting to look like DJ Hackett 2.0, very frustrating. Plenty of talent, but he is obviously the new Mr. Glass :(
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2692
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 am
  • Missing_Clink wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:He was on the injury report as a limited participant. There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season. He'll be fine. Lynch has been on the injury list all year.

    Don't worry about midweek injury reports.



    Normally I would agree with you, but this is Thurmond we're talking about. I feel sorry for him, but he just can not be relied upon. The guy just can't stay healthy.


    Yea, Lynch has proven to be able to play hurt. Thurmond has proven that he gets knocked out for long stretches with injuries. We should all be worried.


    Worry about the players listed as "Did Not Participate" Limited participation means they are (at the time of practice) able to play, but they are being careful with them. If you follow the reports every week you will notice this pattern. Now, there is a chance he could go from Limited to Did Not (participate) on any given day, so if you really want to keep up, I recommend just following the teams daily injury reports which are listed here http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html every Wednesday, Thursday & Friday afternoon. Friday's being the most important one as it lists their official status as reported to the league. If a player is for sure OUT, it will be listed that day.
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 12970
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 am
  • I suspect they are just cautious. This is the first whole game he played in a long time
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1859
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 am
  • Missing_Clink wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:He was on the injury report as a limited participant. There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season. He'll be fine. Lynch has been on the injury list all year.

    Don't worry about midweek injury reports.



    Normally I would agree with you, but this is Thurmond we're talking about. I feel sorry for him, but he just can not be relied upon. The guy just can't stay healthy.


    Yea, Lynch has proven to be able to play hurt. Thurmond has proven that he gets knocked out for long stretches with injuries. We should all be worried.



    Agreed. There is a direct correlation between broken legs, shredded knees, and hamstring soreness that doesn't keep you completely out of practice.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Thurmond is starting to look like DJ Hackett 2.0, very frustrating. Plenty of talent, but he is obviously the new Mr. Glass :(



    So much dumb in this post.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 am
  • He hasn't even missed the game yet, guys...
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11245
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:He hasn't even missed the game yet, guys...


    Seriously. Calm down.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3045
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 am
  • Really? The guy has played 8 games in the last 2 seasons, and is always hurt. So my post is dumb because he's looking like another Mr. Glass? Um, ok. I said he's starting to LOOK LIKE the new Mr. Glass, not saying he is. Hopefully he'll beat the injury bug, but there are just some players that seem to be injured all the time, sucks but it's reality.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2692
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:22 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:He hasn't even missed the game yet, guys...


    Nope, just 23 games in 2 1/2 years.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:26 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:He hasn't even missed the game yet, guys...


    Nope, just 23 games in 2 1/2 years.

    Which he's back from. Show ne one seahawk who has no injuries at this time of year and ill show you a liar.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3045
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 am
  • I love the doom and gloom around here every time a guy that was hurt at all ever in his life gets a hang nail... You guys are all awesome.
    User avatar
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 605
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 am
  • I'm probably just overly concerned because of the Browner suspension and the potential Sherman suspension. If Thurmond does in fact miss games during this time, it makes for a more serious topic.

    Is he someone that we can rely on going forward? Definitely too early to speculate, just something I find myself worrying about.
    "I just try to be the calm in the storm." - Wilsonism 101
    User avatar
    MLTHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 148
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Really? The guy has played 8 games in the last 2 seasons, and is always hurt. So my post is dumb because he's looking like another Mr. Glass? Um, ok. I said he's starting to LOOK LIKE the new Mr. Glass, not saying he is. Hopefully he'll beat the injury bug, but there are just some players that seem to be injured all the time, sucks but it's reality.


    When he stays healthy you will just move onto your next punching bag. It is the same thing as when people were all over Okung just a short time ago. If somebody is just looking for a reason to wring their hands then they will have no shortage of material. I just wish that they fretting crew would not jump so quickly from one irrationality to another.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Really? The guy has played 8 games in the last 2 seasons, and is always hurt. So my post is dumb because he's looking like another Mr. Glass? Um, ok. I said he's starting to LOOK LIKE the new Mr. Glass, not saying he is. Hopefully he'll beat the injury bug, but there are just some players that seem to be injured all the time, sucks but it's reality.


    When he stays healthy you will just move onto your next punching bag. It is the same thing as when people were all over Okung just a short time ago. If somebody is just looking for a reason to wring their hands then they will have no shortage of material. I just wish that they fretting crew would not jump so quickly from one irrationality to another.


    .........and when he actually stays healthy, then you can criticize people for calling Thurmond brittle. But that time is not now.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:41 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Really? The guy has played 8 games in the last 2 seasons, and is always hurt. So my post is dumb because he's looking like another Mr. Glass? Um, ok. I said he's starting to LOOK LIKE the new Mr. Glass, not saying he is. Hopefully he'll beat the injury bug, but there are just some players that seem to be injured all the time, sucks but it's reality.


    When he stays healthy you will just move onto your next punching bag. It is the same thing as when people were all over Okung just a short time ago. If somebody is just looking for a reason to wring their hands then they will have no shortage of material. I just wish that they fretting crew would not jump so quickly from one irrationality to another.


    .........and when he actually stays healthy, then you can criticize people for calling Thurmond brittle. But that time is not now.


    Nah, I don't have to wait just like you don't have to show restraint over a sore hamstring that has caused no time to be missed.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 am
  • The problem with hamstring issues is that it suddenly goes from a little bit bad to very bad........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3190
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:55 am
  • Lets just see how this plays out. Hope Thurmond is good to go.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10902
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:04 pm
  • lets not forget this: If we cant win reguardless of WHO We are missing we have already lost.
    I dont think this team is like the holmgren era where if the ONE KEY player was hurt we would lose.
    I truely think that we would have to have over 50% of the team out to make a huge impact.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    User avatar
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 702
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 pm
  • Um no, I've never once been on Okung. In fact, the opposite. I'm pretty new here so I don't expect you to know that. But, the fact that Browner is out, Sherman MIGHT be out soon, of course it's a concern to hear that a guy who's been hurt a LOT is hurt again. Not sure what else to say. I think the team has enough to win because of the depth. I see us winning out, regardless of who we put out there on D. Our Offense, with Beast and Wilson, will get it done. And I WANT to be very wrong about the guy. He's a good player, and he's a Hawk. I don't want any of the Hawks to be injured. Oh well, won't be the last time someone assumes they know me and what I'm thinking :thirishdrinkers:
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2692
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 pm
  • How did you all think he played last Sunday? Shut down material? Browner replacement?
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm
    Location: Washington


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:59 pm
  • We're doomed.

    Trufant, save us !
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3429
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm
  • I don't get people calling players injury prone in situations like WTIII. If it was chronic muscle pulls, sprained ankles, etc I would understand, but getting your knee blown out is just bad luck. I don't think someone putting there shoulder into someone's knee is on the player being injured its just bad luck. You take some iron man player and put him in the same situation and you would get the same result.

    Its like people calling Okung an injury prone player because someone cheap shotted him or rolled up on his ankle. There is no preparing for that.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1060
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 pm
  • Just to update this thread, Thurmond went from Limited Practice yesterday to Did Not Participate today. I still am thinking he'll be good to go, but we won't know anything for real before tomorrow, and even then it could be put off until gametime. No need for Pete to show his hand if he doesn't have to.
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 12970
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm
  • The DNP is discouraging no doubt, but I don't like how people around here love to bash a player for being "injury-prone" as if it's their fault or their incompetence. It's not fair.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11245
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 pm
  • I don't like the DNP for Thurmond....but we'll see what happens tomorrow. I imagine the first full game action he has had in a long time is what tweaked the hamstring more than anything.

    Without a "panic" move (bringing up the kid from the p.s. or a street free agent signing) to go along, it seems they are just letting him rest it.

    The biggest issue if Thurmond can't go is not who starts for him (I suspect it would be Maxwell), but the impact on our nickel and dime packages which Buffalo likes to run.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7448
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:21 pm
  • Great.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 923
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:14 pm
  • hawks4thewin wrote:lets not forget this: If we cant win reguardless of WHO We are missing we have already lost.
    I dont think this team is like the holmgren era where if the ONE KEY player was hurt we would lose.
    I truely think that we would have to have over 50% of the team out to make a huge impact.


    It was our pathetic lack of depth at safety that caused Super Bowl XL loss even more than refs. Etric Pruitt. A dude off the street suddenly starting at safety, after Marquand Manuel goes down. The Fault isn't his, it's Ruskell/Holmgren not having a better plan to have depth. I'm going to put it mostly on Ruskell. "In his first season Ruskell helped construct a team that won a franchise-record 13 games and reach Super Bowl XL." In other words, Ruskell inherited a team ready for the Super Bowl, and slowly screwed it up over 4 years, and his mistakes in not procuring better depth probably cost Seattle Super Bowl XL.

    Anyway, we have decent depth everywhere, unlike the Ruskell years, which is part of what the Cards game showed. So if Thurmond's out, we'll find out if Byron Maxwell or Jeremy Lane can play. As Sherm would say, "Not worried." Well, at least not against the Bills. After that, we'll see.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 653
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 am
  • Bust!
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9189
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:41 am
  • Geez, so now someone is a hater if they point out that they think a player is injury prone?? Really? My god, it's an opinion, we all have them. I want him on the field.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2692
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:The DNP is discouraging no doubt, but I don't like how people around here love to bash a player for being "injury-prone" as if it's their fault or their incompetence. It's not fair.


    Bill Parcells said it best back in his Dallas days. He'd tell his players that he didn't care how talented they were, if they were injury prone they had no business being on his team. Holmgren said similar things.

    Of course it's not Thurmond's fault he's constantly hurt. But after years of being bit by the injury bug, it's hard not to say "we can't depend on this guy cause he's constantly hurt." We're not there yet with Thurmond, but I betcha Pete and John are getting closer.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:01 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Geez, so now someone is a hater if they point out that they think a player is injury prone?? Really? My god, it's an opinion, we all have them. I want him on the field.




    You have self-esteem issues?
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:42 am
  • Just heard a sound byte on 710 where Pete says Walter Thurmond is "not doing too well" and openly doubts if he will start on Sunday. I feel for Walter, and hope he can turn it around, because as Brock likes to say, being available is a talent too! It seems to be the only talent in doubt for this guy as i think he has all the tools to be a very good corner. :? On a more hopeful note, Pete seemed pretty sure Sydney Rice would be available!
    canfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 120
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05 pm
  • WT3 can't be relied on.

    hopefully he doesnt have to miss the game but giving the history here...
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 866
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:10 pm
  • Wow, looks like one game is all we can get from Walter
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 923
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:15 pm
  • Hoping Jeremy Lane steps up. I'm concerned that the team is getting awfully thin at the position though.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10829
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 pm
  • Not even worth responding to Curry. I'm just fine. Go Hawks
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2692
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm
  • It is difficult to gauge how successful Maxwell and Lane were because the Cardinal WR's aren't anything to write home about minus Fitz. With that said, they seemed to have pretty good coverage and luckily for us the Bills aren't known for having a great stable of WR's. Hopefully he can rest it up and come back for SF.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 pm
  • +1,000
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2692
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:50 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    hawks4thewin wrote:lets not forget this: If we cant win reguardless of WHO We are missing we have already lost.
    I dont think this team is like the holmgren era where if the ONE KEY player was hurt we would lose.
    I truely think that we would have to have over 50% of the team out to make a huge impact.


    It was our pathetic lack of depth at safety that caused Super Bowl XL loss even more than refs. Etric Pruitt. A dude off the street suddenly starting at safety, after Marquand Manuel goes down. The Fault isn't his, it's Ruskell/Holmgren not having a better plan to have depth. I'm going to put it mostly on Ruskell. "In his first season Ruskell helped construct a team that won a franchise-record 13 games and reach Super Bowl XL." In other words, Ruskell inherited a team ready for the Super Bowl, and slowly screwed it up over 4 years, and his mistakes in not procuring better depth probably cost Seattle Super Bowl XL.

    Anyway, we have decent depth everywhere, unlike the Ruskell years, which is part of what the Cards game showed. So if Thurmond's out, we'll find out if Byron Maxwell or Jeremy Lane can play. As Sherm would say, "Not worried." Well, at least not against the Bills. After that, we'll see.


    Id say Manuel kind of proves that we had GOOD depth. Hamlin went down, Manuel stepped in and went nuts. Hard to blame anybody for a young 3rd string safety not being that great
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1522
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 pm
  • ensett wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:
    hawks4thewin wrote:lets not forget this: If we cant win reguardless of WHO We are missing we have already lost.
    I dont think this team is like the holmgren era where if the ONE KEY player was hurt we would lose.
    I truely think that we would have to have over 50% of the team out to make a huge impact.


    It was our pathetic lack of depth at safety that caused Super Bowl XL loss even more than refs. Etric Pruitt. A dude off the street suddenly starting at safety, after Marquand Manuel goes down. The Fault isn't his, it's Ruskell/Holmgren not having a better plan to have depth. I'm going to put it mostly on Ruskell. "In his first season Ruskell helped construct a team that won a franchise-record 13 games and reach Super Bowl XL." In other words, Ruskell inherited a team ready for the Super Bowl, and slowly screwed it up over 4 years, and his mistakes in not procuring better depth probably cost Seattle Super Bowl XL.

    Anyway, we have decent depth everywhere, unlike the Ruskell years, which is part of what the Cards game showed. So if Thurmond's out, we'll find out if Byron Maxwell or Jeremy Lane can play. As Sherm would say, "Not worried." Well, at least not against the Bills. After that, we'll see.


    Id say Manuel kind of proves that we had GOOD depth. Hamlin went down, Manuel stepped in and went nuts. Hard to blame anybody for a young 3rd string safety not being that great


    Agreed. How many teams have three quality safeties on their roster? We did at one point that year, and just got unlucky.

    I rarely defend Holmgren, but it's not his fault that Ken Hamlin decided to be a dumbass and get himself knocked out off the field. Michael Boulware went from good/respectable to horrible over the course of that year. I thought he was just as bad in the Super Bowl as Pruitt. Then Manuel got hurt at the worst possible time. Obviously, a guy like Etric Pruitt (ideally) shouldn't have had as big of a role as he did in such an important game, but you can only have so many safeties on your roster. If the Steelers lost their top two safeties, and had another inexplicably tank, they likely would have been relying on somebody of Pruitt's caliber as well.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm
  • Lets see, Browner out, Thurmond out Hammie, Trufant out also based on PFT whats wrong with him anyone know?
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 9987
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:47 pm
  • Trufant is a hamstring as well I believe.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm




It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information