The impact of a previous player

12thMan1

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been discussed in another post (I checked and didn't see anything) but was just curious as to your take on TJack's influence on our upcoming game. I was hoping that one of the reporters would have brought this up in yesterday's press conference but it wasn't. TJack obviously knows our players and scheme and am wondering if this is going to have an impact if any on our gameplan. How much of an advantage is this for the Bills defense if any?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I really don't think it's a big issue, because our offense is so different now then it was when TJack was running it.

mikeak

Reaction score
especially since all the offensive plays when Tjack was here were based upon his skills or lack thereof.......

OP
OP
12thMan1

12thMan1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1pu4ysqt said:
I think the "opposing player used to be on our team and will give up all our secrets!" concern is hugely overblown.

I only ask because aside from the QB option there doesn't seem to be any real changes in Bevell's offense which TJack is extremely familar with. Couldn't run it worth a damn but he still knows it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I have not put any stock in the opposing player argument having much weight ever since we cut Isaiah Kacyvenski and then the Rams signed him. We played that weekend...and we still beat them. That guy knew the D and special Teams really well, was whispering in the coaches' ears the whole game, and it had little to no impact.

Hawks46

Reaction score
TJack wasn't even familar with the offense. What's he going to say ?

"Hey, only throw it to the right side, it's always open. Check it out, their TE's are NEVER open. Don't throw it to the left or in the middle. That place is SCARY man"

ensett

Reaction score
Doesnt matter what they know if we just execute better than them

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Baldwin was on KIRO and he said he talks to Tarvaris still, and he said they hadn't asked him anything. So there it is.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I thnk I would have a complete breakdown if Tjack went Kevin Kolb on us in the 4th quarter.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
There was so much hype betweem Wilson and Flynn they lost sight of the fact that Wilson actually beat out Tjack for the QB position. Flynn never had the job.

JKent82

Reaction score
m0ng0":29n3axhy said:
I thnk I would have a complete breakdown if Tjack went Kevin Kolb on us in the 4th quarter.

Is it bad I might find that funny if that were to occur.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I forgot all about TJack. Man, that seems like years ago now. Weird.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":16bbi4x8 said:
Baldwin was on KIRO and he said he talks to Tarvaris still, and he said they hadn't asked him anything. So there it is.
This.

I'm sure the Bills coaching staff got way more out of watching film than from pumping TJack for info. TJack's contribution is probably pretending to be Wilson on scout team this week.

Latest posts