Buffalo offensive line ailing

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Buffalo offensive line ailing
Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:40 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:I disagree. We are top 10 in sacks, and have the exact same number as the Niners. We are behind a few teams that blitz a ton in sack totals, but our Defense is better than most of those. Blitzing more is a dangerous way to get pressure.
    Sacks are an over rated stat. They matter, but not as much as you are saying.

I agree that sacks are over rated, but pressure is not in my opinion.

Too many times this season the pass rush has disappeared for long stretches throughout games. We've also failed to create pressure in key moments of games as well, which has hurt. If we could just force the QB into a few more hurried throws, we might see some more forced turnovers, which had been a problem til the Zona laugher.

You're right, blitzing is a dangerous way to try and generate pressure. However, I think in the Hawks case I think it plays to their strengths on defense. Just an opinion though.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:45 pm
  • No thanks to that kid from Wake Forest.

We already have a 6'4" 220lb rush LBer, hehe. That can't be right, he'd make Irvin look huge.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:49 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:No thanks to that kid from Wake Forest.

We already have a 6'4" 220lb rush LBer, hehe. That can't be right, he'd make Irvin look huge.

I was kidding about the kid from Wake Forest. Never seen him play or even heard of him before I ran a quick google search. I love how he's ranked 999 out of 249 OLB's. Didn't want to mention he who shall not be named

I guess I swung for the fences and whiffed badly on that one haha
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 pm
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see us blitz more as soon as we see Walter, Sherman, and Browner on the field at the same time.

:les:

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm
  • I'm waiting for us to actually feast on an "ailing" offensive line. Every time we are supposed to dominate we go invisible.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:22 pm
  • falcongoggles wrote:I'm waiting for us to actually feast on an "ailing" offensive line. Every time we are supposed to dominate we go invisible.

You conveniently overlooked the Packers game.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    falcongoggles wrote:I'm waiting for us to actually feast on an "ailing" offensive line. Every time we are supposed to dominate we go invisible.

Where we went invisible during the second half? :)
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm
  • sam1313 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    falcongoggles wrote:I'm waiting for us to actually feast on an "ailing" offensive line. Every time we are supposed to dominate we go invisible.

Where we went invisible during the second half? :)

Hard to get to the QB when he's going "3-step drop throw quick and duck" mode for the entire 2nd half.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information