Good Q&A with Buffalo Blogger at Seahawks Addict

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Love this part.

The Bills like to run a lot of 6-yard slant patterns and if you take away those underneath routes, you end up forcing the Bills to go over the top, which they can't do because Fitz doesn't have the arm strength/accuracy to make those throws.

We have defensive backs who excel at shutting down those short slant routes and a free safety who excels at shutting down the deep middle. I smell a bad day for Fitzgerald.

Also, I think Wilson and Pete will love this part:

Cornerback Aaron Williams (2nd rounder in 2011) has been a disaster. He was the opposite starting corner at the start of the year and he's been burned on a consistent basis. He just has no coverage skills and is always 2-3 steps behind WRs. You can beat him deep.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I think we are going to see a LOT of Spiller and Choice.

And we better be ready for Scott Chandler, their tight end -- he is having a very good season (6 TDs). He is a big cat (6'7", 260 lbs) who will create some mismatches for us. Nobody talks about him, and he can become that kind of unknown receiver that always seems to give us fits (Hello, Titus Young).

gargantual

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":13unhzrk said:
Love this part.

The Bills like to run a lot of 6-yard slant patterns and if you take away those underneath routes, you end up forcing the Bills to go over the top, which they can't do because Fitz doesn't have the arm strength/accuracy to make those throws.

We have defensive backs who excel at shutting down those short slant routes and a free safety who excels at shutting down the deep middle. I smell a bad day for Fitzgerald.

Cornerback Aaron Williams (2nd rounder in 2011) has been a disaster. He was the opposite starting corner at the start of the year and he's been burned on a consistent basis. He just has no coverage skills and is always 2-3 steps behind WRs. You can beat him deep.
Reminds me of a former Hawk with the initials KJ...

drdiags

Reaction score
This cannot be a good thing:

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls
Toronto Rogers Centre RT @sean_matthewj AstroTurf. ~5x8ft rectangles. Uneven. Seams are dangerous. Maybe 2 inch thick above solid concrete.

mikeak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2n9qe8z1 said:

Reminds me of the Miami matchups everyone knew we could exploit........

seahawks08

Reaction score
I saw Bills play NE, given it is a division game, they know them pretty well, but it was a high score whoever held the ball last kind of game. So the team has a lot of talent, even though it has not translated to wins. They are hungry, I just hope Seahawks are hungrier.

blue 22

Reaction score
drdiags":i3kvioio said:

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls
Toronto Rogers Centre RT @sean_matthewj AstroTurf. ~5x8ft rectangles. Uneven. Seams are dangerous. Maybe 2 inch thick above solid concrete.

thats scary....

Sac

Reaction score
blue 22":16y2pwhd said:
drdiags":16y2pwhd said:

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls

thats scary....

That is scary. Player safety my ass Rog. I'd rather play IN Buffalo.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2wuaun59 said:

Hasn't that been our biggest issue? Those short slants killed us against the Lions and the Cards when Kolb came in. Hopefully our LB's and our slot can contain those short, quick routes.

pehawk

Reaction score
drdiags":21nd30mf said:

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls

Literally makes me queasy.

drdiags

Reaction score
Guess there is some debate on the turf. Here is a response I saw from a Toronto area fan

Ian Denomme ‏@IanDenomme
@FieldGulls Seahawks fan from Toronto here. The Rogers Centre turf is FieldTurf. The CFL team plays on it all year with few complaints.

Guess we will just have to suck it up and just roll with it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Everybody is just hammering the Bills for not using CJ Spiller more. I just finished watching the Rams/Bills for the 3rd time, and the low number of carries was easy to explain. CJ Spiller SUCKS at pass protection, and the Bills had two linemen in their forst NFL start. In just the 1st quarter, Spiller got rolled twice by players who sacked the QB, then whiffed on a guy who blew his QB up badly.

The guy is electric for sure, and tackling the guy is difficult. But he makes life hard for his QB.

Now, where Chan Gailey went wrong was saying he didn't get more time because he was "winded".

mikeak

Reaction score
well CJ Spiller is their running back no without any real 2nd option.....

the issue would be if he can run so well that pass blocking isn't needed. Hopefully that won't be the case and we can light up their O-line and get 8 sacks in the first half

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mikeak":37fkuq08 said:
well CJ Spiller is their running back no without any real 2nd option.....

the issue would be if he can run so well that pass blocking isn't needed. Hopefully that won't be the case and we can light up their O-line and get 8 sacks in the first half
Not so fast. They have Tashard Choice, and he got carries last week.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kyle Williams is a funny dude, saw him on SoundFX the other day. He's a pretty good DT too, especially for a 3rd (I think) rounder.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete can refuse to play on it if it is that bad, there are standards for NFL turf, if they can show a danger to players, especially right now they may have to fix it before play is done on it, if it is filed turf they should be able to level it out by lifting the turf and leveling out the base better.