Walter Thurmond

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Walter Thurmond
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:15 pm
  • Hoping Jeremy Lane steps up. I'm concerned that the team is getting awfully thin at the position though.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 pm
  • Not even worth responding to Curry. I'm just fine. Go Hawks
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm
  • It is difficult to gauge how successful Maxwell and Lane were because the Cardinal WR's aren't anything to write home about minus Fitz. With that said, they seemed to have pretty good coverage and luckily for us the Bills aren't known for having a great stable of WR's. Hopefully he can rest it up and come back for SF.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 pm
  • +1,000
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:50 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    hawks4thewin wrote:lets not forget this: If we cant win reguardless of WHO We are missing we have already lost.
    I dont think this team is like the holmgren era where if the ONE KEY player was hurt we would lose.
    I truely think that we would have to have over 50% of the team out to make a huge impact.

It was our pathetic lack of depth at safety that caused Super Bowl XL loss even more than refs. Etric Pruitt. A dude off the street suddenly starting at safety, after Marquand Manuel goes down. The Fault isn't his, it's Ruskell/Holmgren not having a better plan to have depth. I'm going to put it mostly on Ruskell. "In his first season Ruskell helped construct a team that won a franchise-record 13 games and reach Super Bowl XL." In other words, Ruskell inherited a team ready for the Super Bowl, and slowly screwed it up over 4 years, and his mistakes in not procuring better depth probably cost Seattle Super Bowl XL.

Anyway, we have decent depth everywhere, unlike the Ruskell years, which is part of what the Cards game showed. So if Thurmond's out, we'll find out if Byron Maxwell or Jeremy Lane can play. As Sherm would say, "Not worried." Well, at least not against the Bills. After that, we'll see.

Id say Manuel kind of proves that we had GOOD depth. Hamlin went down, Manuel stepped in and went nuts. Hard to blame anybody for a young 3rd string safety not being that great
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 pm
  • ensett wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:
    hawks4thewin wrote:lets not forget this: If we cant win reguardless of WHO We are missing we have already lost.
    I dont think this team is like the holmgren era where if the ONE KEY player was hurt we would lose.
    I truely think that we would have to have over 50% of the team out to make a huge impact.

It was our pathetic lack of depth at safety that caused Super Bowl XL loss even more than refs. Etric Pruitt. A dude off the street suddenly starting at safety, after Marquand Manuel goes down. The Fault isn't his, it's Ruskell/Holmgren not having a better plan to have depth. I'm going to put it mostly on Ruskell. "In his first season Ruskell helped construct a team that won a franchise-record 13 games and reach Super Bowl XL." In other words, Ruskell inherited a team ready for the Super Bowl, and slowly screwed it up over 4 years, and his mistakes in not procuring better depth probably cost Seattle Super Bowl XL.

Anyway, we have decent depth everywhere, unlike the Ruskell years, which is part of what the Cards game showed. So if Thurmond's out, we'll find out if Byron Maxwell or Jeremy Lane can play. As Sherm would say, "Not worried." Well, at least not against the Bills. After that, we'll see.

Id say Manuel kind of proves that we had GOOD depth. Hamlin went down, Manuel stepped in and went nuts. Hard to blame anybody for a young 3rd string safety not being that great

Agreed. How many teams have three quality safeties on their roster? We did at one point that year, and just got unlucky.

I rarely defend Holmgren, but it's not his fault that Ken Hamlin decided to be a dumbass and get himself knocked out off the field. Michael Boulware went from good/respectable to horrible over the course of that year. I thought he was just as bad in the Super Bowl as Pruitt. Then Manuel got hurt at the worst possible time. Obviously, a guy like Etric Pruitt (ideally) shouldn't have had as big of a role as he did in such an important game, but you can only have so many safeties on your roster. If the Steelers lost their top two safeties, and had another inexplicably tank, they likely would have been relying on somebody of Pruitt's caliber as well.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm
  • Lets see, Browner out, Thurmond out Hammie, Trufant out also based on PFT whats wrong with him anyone know?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:47 pm
  • Trufant is a hamstring as well I believe.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information