Article: PFW snippet on Malcolm Smith

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Article: PFW snippet on Malcolm Smith
Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:11 pm
  • Saw this post on Malcolm Smith and thought I would pass it along Smith Coming on Strong

“He’s got great speed and good instincts, too. He always seems to be around the ball,” one daily team observer said of Smith, also a key special-teamer whose awareness was highlighted when he recovered a muffed punt in the endzone for a TD in Seattle’s recent 58-0 rout of the Cardinals. “He’s faster than Leroy, more athletic. What you lose in experience and Hill’s ability to defend the run you gain with Smith’s speed and aggressiveness, which really fits the team's defensive st
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I think Smith's emergence may spell the end of the Hill era in Seattle.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• FlyingGreg wrote:I think Smith's emergence may spell the end of the Hill era in Seattle.

Sad, but true. Not as a knock on Smith by any means, I'm really high on this kid. But I've always liked Leroy. I guess "bittersweet" is the word I'm looking for.
    Last edited by razgriz737 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• razgriz737 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I think Smith's emergence may spell the end of the Hill era in Seattle.

Sad, but true. Not as a knock on Smith by any means, I'm really high on this kid. But I've always like Leroy. I guess "bittersweet" is the word I'm looking for.

Just time to get younger and more athletic.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• razgriz737 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I think Smith's emergence may spell the end of the Hill era in Seattle.

Sad, but true. Not as a knock on Smith by any means, I'm really high on this kid. But I've always like Leroy. I guess "bittersweet" is the word I'm looking for.

I'm happy. Hill has been decent this year and last overall, but has been very suspect his entire career in coverage. I'd rather have a young buc in Smith whose more athletic and give him these next 3 games to show he belongs.

I hope he starts against Buffalo. Can you imagine if when the playoffs come around we have 2 - 2nd year players and a rookie starting @ Lber. That would be pretty neat assuming Smith continues to play well.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• I like Smith. He is what in his second year? Dude has instincts.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Smith has been great. I hope he keeps starting the rest of the year, and maybe even next year he can compete with a high draft pick rookie LB for a starting spot too.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• He needs to stay healthy. That's the big issue with him. He has a bad injury history. If he stays healthy he has a chance to be great
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Got to the article to vote for the Seahawks as the best NFC team. We have about 1/2 the votes of :49ersmall:
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Doesn't necessarily spell the end of Hill. He'd make a hell of a backup.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:Doesn't necessarily spell the end of Hill. He'd make a hell of a backup.

Time to get younger.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:Doesn't necessarily spell the end of Hill. He'd make a hell of a backup.

Time to get younger.

:13: time to get younger...no need to hang onto the past.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information