keeping flynn vs preparing for future secondary contracts

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • kidhawk wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:Whether it's this offseason, next offseason, or whenever, the notion I agree with is that I would hate to lose one of our more important players just to keep Flynn on the bench. That's all.


    That is not going to happen. we have over 10 million in cap space (Last I heard was 15 million, but I know it changes). I've seen teams with next to nothing still get big deals done for their players. If it came down to it, they'd get it done to keep players they feel is important. For us to worry about this is ridiculous. The team has full time cap strategists who know how to deal with these situations. It's not a problem


    yeah because a player has never left a team before because they couldn't afford to pay him because there money was tied up elsewhere.. i dont know if its me or what.. but you're coming across as if you think we don't have to contend with the market in relation to our players becoming free agents.. you do understand that this is the kind of things teams think about when considering to keep, release, trade players... if you dont think for one second the guys higher up aren't talking about the money that could be saved in trading flynn for a pick and using that money to lock down someone else on the team... well then i just had a nice little laugh at your expense imagining that.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • Jville wrote:Who would have thought that so many would be so bored with a run at making the playoffs. This season is not over. The fight for a championship is front and center. And yet many of you are missing out with a strange preoccupation with unloading contracts and players. :34853_doh:

    Trying to pass the time until Sunday and it's too early to start drinking. Bear with me, haha.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1842
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


  • redhawk253 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:Whether it's this offseason, next offseason, or whenever, the notion I agree with is that I would hate to lose one of our more important players just to keep Flynn on the bench. That's all.


    That is not going to happen. we have over 10 million in cap space (Last I heard was 15 million, but I know it changes). I've seen teams with next to nothing still get big deals done for their players. If it came down to it, they'd get it done to keep players they feel is important. For us to worry about this is ridiculous. The team has full time cap strategists who know how to deal with these situations. It's not a problem


    yeah because a player has never left a team before because they couldn't afford to pay him because there money was tied up elsewhere.. i dont know if its me or what.. but you're coming across as if you think we don't have to contend with the market in relation to our players becoming free agents.. you do understand that this is the kind of things teams think about when considering to keep, release, trade players... if you dont think for one second the guys higher up aren't talking about the money that could be saved in trading flynn for a pick and using that money to lock down someone else on the team... well then i just had a nice little laugh at your expense imagining that.


    We aren't in cap trouble, so although I'm sure the team has it's people in place discussing all the options (I said this in another post already), you seem to be of the mind that Flynn's contract is going to keep that from happening. I'm here to tell you that I guarantee you that is absolutely not the case.

    Maybe you aren't familiar with how the new CBA works. Guys who sign these rookie tenders cannot even renegotiate for the first 3 years and they have 4 year contracts. This gives us a FULL year to renegotiate the terms of these deals and work out how to best make the contract fit into the team's cap structure.

    Under the salary cap structure, any smart team has it's own guidelines on how much to spend on any given position. Different teams have players at different levels in different positions, but they all have these structures in place. I can guarantee you that we do, because I've heard Schneider talk about them before. Using basic math principals, and knowing that the salary cap adjusts with the income the league makes, and knowing that we are one of the top teams with salary cap space, and have quite a few guys making rookie contracts who can't even be negotiated until AFTER next season or later, all adds up to Flynn and his contract NOT being an issue. Anyone who believes it is an issue right now is off their rocker or mathematically challenged
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Jazzhawk wrote:I agree that keeping Sherman and some others is important. But the cost of Flynn for the NEXT 2 years is not unreasonable at all. Combine that with the facts, as Kidhawk provided, we are well under the cap and are managed quite well. Personally, I'm just not of the opinion that we should just get rid of a perfectly good backup QB. Hey, Turbin is a great backup to Marshawn...lets trade him. Hey, Walter Thurmond is a great backup to Sherman and Browner...lets trade him. Hey, Jeron Johnson is a great backup to Earl Thomas...lets trade him. If the team really thinks they are paying too much, renegotiate Flynn's contract. Hey, that would make him even more attractive in a trade. Bottom line, I'd rather keep Flynn as a high quality backup that I know we could win games with should Wilson go out.


    every one of those players you mentioned see the field during a game.. and i'd argue that wt3 is our future starter across from sherman if he can stay healthy this time.. turbin plays and has an impact on the game.. flynn is the backup qb.. he only sees action in garbage time or if rw gets hurt.. there are other guys that can be had for less that dont provide much more of a dropoff than flynn. and if your starting qb goes out of the game your odds of winning go down considerably.. unless of course you can rely on your defense to carry you through the game.. so why not put that money towards improving the defense? have to look to the future if rw keeps doing what he's doing.. he's going to get paid really big.. he's a free agent in 2016.. im willing to bet he's going to see the largest contract for a seahawk qb ever.

    on an unrelated note.. im pretty sure flynn isn't happy backing up rw.. theres just a multitude of reasons why flynn will likely be traded this offseason.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • kidhawk

    well you're basing your statement on averages essentially.. this is what we want to spend on a secondary any given year yada yada yada.. theres other things that factor into what they actually have to spend. like maybe having 3 or 4 probowlers in that secondary which is way out of the norm. so what you're saying is you don't think that we're going to have to make an exception to the rule when attempting to re-sign potentially the top corner and one of the top safeties in the game in 2015? i beg to differ.. that money is going to have to come from one of the other positions.. and flynn offers one of the largest chunks you will be able to find by getting rid of one single player.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • redhawk253 wrote:kidhawk

    well you're basing your statement on averages essentially.. this is what we want to spend on a secondary any given year yada yada yada.. theres other things that factor into what they actually have to spend. like maybe having 3 or 4 probowlers in that secondary which is way out of the norm. so what you're saying is you don't think that we're going to have to make an exception to the rule when attempting to re-sign potentially the top corner and one of the top safeties in the game in 2015? i beg to differ.. that money is going to have to come from one of the other positions.. and flynn offers one of the largest chunks you will be able to find by getting rid of one single player.


    Go back and read what I wrote. I said that teams have different values for different positions. Obviously you value your better talent higher, but each team still has a system under which they operate. Obviously a team with 3 probowl DB's will spend more money there, similar to how a team with 2 or 3 pro bowl LB's will spend more money there and a team with a future HOF qb will spend more money there. It's all unique to each team. Our team has it's own system, and no matter what they value each position at, Flynn's contract is not exceedingly high and with the current batch of upcoming free agents won't be a problem for us financially.

    This doesn't mean that behind the scenes, they don't have a plan to replace him and get something for him, neither I, nor anyone else in this forum could possibly know that, but as far as numbers are concerned, Flynn's contract is NOT a problem for re-signing other players.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Kidhawk - I agree with you in general but I think you are oversimplifyng and here is why

    For simplicity of math say you have one guy - Sherman - signed for 3 years can't negotiate. You have $500K salary for him year 1, 2 and 3
    You have one other player like Lynch big contract but you want to keep him long term he is making $10 million (simple numbers for the sake of it)

    Those are the only two players on your team :) -- salary cap is $15 million

    You can wait to year three and realize Sherman wants $10 million / year as well. Lynch still wants his $10 million - crap you are over the cap and get rid of a guy

    Or in year two you re-sign lynch give him an extra signing bonus of $4.5 million so he makes $14.5 in year two but he agress to a lower salary in year 3 at the tune of $5.5 million. Outcome for Lynch - $20 million same as otherwise, more up-front good for him he won't get cut.....

    Now negotiate with Sherman he agrees to $9.5 million instead - two years under the cap keep both players

    I agree keep Flynn one more year but in 2 years that is too much money on the bench
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3846
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Waste of space to pay Flynn that much next year.

    If Flynn was so damn good he wouldn't be sitting on the bench anyways. I'm ok with letting him go.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

    :les:
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8672
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • mikeak wrote:Kidhawk - I agree with you in general but I think you are oversimplifyng and here is why

    For simplicity of math say you have one guy - Sherman - signed for 3 years can't negotiate. You have $500K salary for him year 1, 2 and 3
    You have one other player like Lynch big contract but you want to keep him long term he is making $10 million (simple numbers for the sake of it)

    Those are the only two players on your team :) -- salary cap is $15 million

    You can wait to year three and realize Sherman wants $10 million / year as well. Lynch still wants his $10 million - crap you are over the cap and get rid of a guy

    Or in year two you re-sign lynch give him an extra signing bonus of $4.5 million so he makes $14.5 in year two but he agress to a lower salary in year 3 at the tune of $5.5 million. Outcome for Lynch - $20 million same as otherwise, more up-front good for him he won't get cut.....

    Now negotiate with Sherman he agrees to $9.5 million instead - two years under the cap keep both players

    I agree keep Flynn one more year but in 2 years that is too much money on the bench


    I'm merely keeping it simple because we have nothing concrete to discuss here. There are tons of options for how to stay under the cap. The only difference from next year, to the year after is about a million dollars as far as Flynn's cap number. As you said, players can and may renegotiate other contracts to get bonuses that defer. It's a popular way to create space. My ENTIRE point is that this thread is meaningless, because we are not in trouble as far as the cap is concerned. We are one of the teams with the most cap space, we have quite a few players who cannot make huge salaries due to their youth. We also will draft more players over the course of the next two drafts who will come to the team making lower salaries and you will see a few vets that won't be here because those younger guys will replace them and their salaries. There are lots of variables, but Flynn's contract is not a problem for us in the upcoming off season and this entire thread about it being Flynn vs. keeping talent is WAY WAY out of whack, because it's not coming down to that.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • we also need to either resign jason jones next year... i'd personally like to improve at the position.. so where does that money come from? gona need to restructure some guys next year as well preparing for the big hits were gona see in 2014 and 2015.. that 5.25 million is just sitting there on the bench anyways.. and like i said in one of my other posts if russell wilson continues to play how he has he's likely to see the largest seahawks qb contract ever.. thats going to require a lot of money.. might as well start making room for it by restructuring guys in the years we have some free space to work with..

    all of this falls under the way side when considering we still need to improve on a year to year basis as well.. which takes signing new guys.. would you rather pay money to a dt that can collapse the pocket or a backup qb that rides the pine?
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • kidhawk wrote:
    redhawk253 wrote:kidhawk

    well you're basing your statement on averages essentially.. this is what we want to spend on a secondary any given year yada yada yada.. theres other things that factor into what they actually have to spend. like maybe having 3 or 4 probowlers in that secondary which is way out of the norm. so what you're saying is you don't think that we're going to have to make an exception to the rule when attempting to re-sign potentially the top corner and one of the top safeties in the game in 2015? i beg to differ.. that money is going to have to come from one of the other positions.. and flynn offers one of the largest chunks you will be able to find by getting rid of one single player.


    Go back and read what I wrote. I said that teams have different values for different positions. Obviously you value your better talent higher, but each team still has a system under which they operate. Obviously a team with 3 probowl DB's will spend more money there, similar to how a team with 2 or 3 pro bowl LB's will spend more money there and a team with a future HOF qb will spend more money there. It's all unique to each team. Our team has it's own system, and no matter what they value each position at, Flynn's contract is not exceedingly high and with the current batch of upcoming free agents won't be a problem for us financially.

    This doesn't mean that behind the scenes, they don't have a plan to replace him and get something for him, neither I, nor anyone else in this forum could possibly know that, but as far as numbers are concerned, Flynn's contract is NOT a problem for re-signing other players.


    you're not using common sense.. it completely does.. the point remains we don't have unlimited resources when signing these guys and we have to come in under the cap.. no matter what value the team places on any given position we have some huge contracts coming up that we're going to have to pay and we are going to have to make room and i still want to sign some guys to improve other positions.. that money will need to be cleared out to make room.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • i agree that his cap number isn't completely ridiculous.. but we are going to have to pay some ridiculous contracts soon.. and any way you split it if you can save 4-5 million dollars on one guy who isn't making an impact.. no two ways about it he is simply a backup qb.. you have to get rid of him and get that money..
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • basically it comes down to this..

    you think we already have the cap room to pay everyone we need to easily..

    i think we're going to have to be creative and save money where we can because we dont and you know pete still wants some more new toys as well.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/

    This is a list of player contracts that expire after this season

    Jason Jones - $4.5 million
    Leroy Hill - $1.6 million
    Steven Hauschka - $1.26 million
    Frank Omiyale - $1.225 million
    Clint Gresham - $1.224 million
    Charly Martin - $1.02 million
    Chris Maragos - $870 thousand
    Clinton McDonald - $540 thousand
    Alan Branch - $7 million
    Marcus Trufant - $1.3 million


    Please show me where we are in such dire trouble financially here

    Just so you know, Thomas and Sherman and Kam are signed through 2014 and Thurmond and Browner are listed as 2013

    Edited to add in the DB contract timing
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • I don't think Flynn has any interest in staying around.

    I would rather pick up a rookie in the 4-7th then keep Flynn around.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

    :les:
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8672
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • it doesn't matter if those contracts expire lol.. we still have to resign or replace those players at those positions.. and those are total contracts.. not year to year cap hits so those numbers aren't the actual amount of money that will be free'd up from the cap...

    so to go with your line of thought..

    browner is making about 500k a year..
    chancelor is making about 500k a year...
    sherman is making about 500k a year....
    tate is making about 500k a year.....
    thomas is making 1.5 mill and 2.5 mill respectively in 2013 and 2014......

    heres a list of the top 20 salaries at each position for 2012... look at those numbers.. those are millions and millions above what these guys are making.. assuming we resign sherman, thomas, chancelor, and tate as they are young still improving and all are exceptional players at their positions (tate is coming out of his shell needs to prove he can continue to be consistent and i'd like to see a bit more from chancelor) but all of them will be highly valued by the rest of the league.. where do you think all this money is coming from.. because we may have space.. but we dont have THAT much space..

    CB:

    Darrelle Revis, Jets - $12,100,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Charles Woodson, Packers - $11,500,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Nnamdi Asomugha, Eagles - $11,000,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Brent Grimes, Falcons - $10,281,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Chris Gamble, Panthers - $9,950,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Johnathan Joseph, Texans - $9,750,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Brandon Flowers, Chiefs - $9,750,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Champ Bailey, Broncos - $9,500,000 - Signed thru 2014
    DeAngelo Hall, Redskins - $9,500,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Corey Webster, Giants - $8,470,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Leon Hall, Bengals - $8,400,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Eric Wright, Buccaneers - $8,250,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Antonio Cromartie, Jets - $8,050,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Tramon Williams, Packers - $7,300,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Joe Haden, Browns - $6,365,505 - Signed thru 2014
    Jabari Greer, Saints - $6,150,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Stanford Routt, Chiefs - $6,000,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Cortland Finnegan, Rams - $6,000,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Carlos Rogers, 49ers - $5,500,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Sheldon Brown, Browns - $5,366,667 - Signed thru 2012

    FS:

    Quinton Mikel, Rams - $10,000,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Antrel Rolle, Giants - $9,000,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Eric Weddle, Chargers - $7,600,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Ed Reed, Ravens - $7,200,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Antoine Bethea, Colts - $5,025,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Kerry Rhodes, Cardinals - $5,000,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Ryan Clark, Steelers - $3,750,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Daniel Manning, Texans - $3,500,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Eric Smith, Jets - $3,266,667 - Signed thru 2013
    Michael Huff, Raiders - $3,183,333 - Signed thru 2014
    Ronde Barberm Buccaneers - $3,000,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Malcolm Jenkins, Saints - $2,710,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Mike Adams, Broncos - $2,125,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Thomas DeCoud, Falcons - $2,000,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Dawan Landry, Jaguars - $1,850,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Usama Young, Browns - $1,800,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Gerald Sensabaugh, Cowboys - $1,800,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Dwight Lowery, Jaguars - $1,750,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Steve Gregory, Patriots - $1,683,333 - Signed thru 2014
    Haruki Nakamura, Panthers - $1,033,333 - Signed thru 2014

    SS:

    Adrian Wilson, Cardinals - $10,550,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Troy Polamalu, Steelers - $8,890,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Roman Harper, Saints - $6,250,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Tyvon Branch, Raiders - $6,212,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Eric Berry, Chiefs - $4,842,800 - Signed thru 2014
    Donte Whitner, 49ers - $4,383,333 - Signed thru 2013
    Brandon Meriwwather, Bears - $2.950,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Kenny Phillips, Giants - $2,586,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Bernard Pollard, Ravens - $1,950,000 - Signed thru 2015
    George Wilson, Bills - $1,791,666 - Signed thru 2013
    Will Allen, Steelers - $1,605,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Yeremiah Bell, Jets - $1,400,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Jordan Babineaux, Titans - $1,400,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Eric Frampton, Vikings - $1,233,333 - Signed thru 2013
    Brodney Pool, Cowboys - $1,200,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Craig Dahl, Rams - $1,200,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Reed Doughty, Redskins - $1,150,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Pat Chung, Patriots - $1,115,000 - Signed thru 2012
    C.J. Spillman, 49ers - $1,080,000 - Signed thru 2014
    T.J. Ward, Browns - $1,058,750 - Signed thru 2013

    WR:

    Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals - $13,250,000 - Signed thru 2018
    Vincent Jackson, Buccaneers - $13,000,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Darrius Heyward-Bey, Raiders - $10,409,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Wes Welker, Patriots - $9,515,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Brandon Marshall, Bears - $9,300,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Calvin Johnson, Lions - $8,950,000 - Signed thru 2019
    Sidney Rice, Seahawks - $8,200,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Roddy White, Falcons - $8,075,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Santonio Holmes, Jets - $8,000,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Greg Jennings, Packers - $7,397,500 - Signed thru 2012
    Jordy Nelson, Packers - $6,825,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Mike Thomas, Jaguars - $6,000,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Michael Crabtree, 49ers - $5,359,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Laurent Robinson, Jaguars - $4,600,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Steve Breaston, Chiefs - $4,600,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Stevie Johnson, Bills - $4,575,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Joshua Morgan, Redskins - $4,550,000 - Signed thru 2013
    A.J. Green, Bengals - $4,472,413 - Signed thru 2014
    Santana Moss, Redskins - $4,316,667 - Signed thru 2013
    Donald Driver, Packers - $4,300,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Pierre Garcon, Redskins - $4,300,000 - Signed thru 2016
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • SonicHawk wrote:I don't think Flynn has any interest in staying around.

    I would rather pick up a rookie in the 4-7th then keep Flynn around.


    Yes, this is a great idea, because this year's crop of quarterbacks is the new norm, and we should expect to get a guy in the late rounds of the draft who can come in and take us into the playoffs if something happens to Wilson.

    Hey I have an idea, why not just keep the one qb on the team, that way we save all that money we normally waste on a backup. We could let RealRob or one of our other guys with previous qb experience play if Wilson gets hurt.

    :sarcasm_off:
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Flynn is awesome.

    If Sherm can command 14 million a year would you pay it?
    Image
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2585
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


  • redhawk253 wrote:it doesn't matter if those contracts expire lol.. we still have to resign or replace those players at those positions.. and those are total contracts.. not year to year cap hits so those numbers aren't the actual amount of money that will be free'd up from the cap...

    so to go with your line of thought..

    browner is making about 500k a year..
    chancelor is making about 500k a year...
    sherman is making about 500k a year....
    tate is making about 500k a year.....
    thomas is making 1.5 mill and 2.5 mill respectively in 2013 and 2014......



    Yes I took out that long list of meaningless numbers, because I am trying to figure out what the hell you are talking about. NOBODY on your list is going to be a free agent, therefor none of them matter as far as the upcoming year is concerned cap-wise

    I showed you the list of Free agents this off season. The only one on there that I think we would like to have back and should make a good salary is Jason Jones. I think Branch is upgradeable for the money he makes, although I'd keep him at a lower rate. None of our "stars" are free agents, so there is no money issue. Now, if you want to look ahead to the 2014 season, then there's something to discuss, but there is no cap issue coming off of this current season. We have the entire off season, and all of next year and the off season after that to worry about getting the 2013 guys re-signed. The only people we need to worry about as far as cap space is concerned in the coming year is the people on the list I put up there.

    Come back next year if you want to worry about cap numbers for 2014 and beyond. There are WAY too many variables that will arise between now and then to even consider what kind of cap hit Flynn will be 2 years down the road.

    Edit to add their current cap hits for you:

    Jason Jones - $4.5 million
    Leroy Hill - $1.6 million
    Steven Hauschka - $1.26 million
    Frank Omiyale - $1.225 million
    Clint Gresham - $490 thousand
    Charly Martin - $113.9 thousand
    Chris Maragos - $540 thousand
    Clinton McDonald - $540 thousand
    Alan Branch - $4.55 million
    Marcus Trufant - $1.3 m

    Also, if you look at the link for the cap hits, there is a list of "dead money buyouts" some of this money is going to free up next year as well (some may have been a split and may carry over but the site doesn't say). This is approximately $9 million
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • kidhawk wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:I don't think Flynn has any interest in staying around.

    I would rather pick up a rookie in the 4-7th then keep Flynn around.


    Yes, this is a great idea, because this year's crop of quarterbacks is the new norm, and we should expect to get a guy in the late rounds of the draft who can come in and take us into the playoffs if something happens to Wilson.

    Hey I have an idea, why not just keep the one qb on the team, that way we save all that money we normally waste on a backup. We could let RealRob or one of our other guys with previous qb experience play if Wilson gets hurt.

    :sarcasm_off:


    If something happens to Wilson we're poo out of luck anyways. Why waste the money on a guy who hopefully never plays? This team isn't making the playoffs with Matt Flynn.

    I would much rather put money into one of our many needs instead of paying our backup 10x more than our starting QB because we think that Flynn is 10x better than anything else we could get.

    I'm not sold on Flynn, I don't see any reason why you would be. He looked marginal at best on Sun, he's a career backup and he got beat out by a rookie. Time to move on.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

    :les:
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8672
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • So, the OP' premise was...keeping Flynn or keeping our secondary, basically saying since Flynn is making so much money next year, we won't be able to keep our secondary together, so we should ship him off for draft picks. So, in answer to that.....none of our Secondary are FA's next season, as kidhawk has accurately pointed out. Therefore, the point is moot.
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9025
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


  • you're playing stupid.. we all know they're not free agents next year... you are simply dodging the points im making.. these contracts will be jumping from about 500k a piece to 10-20 times that in a year or two time.. we have guys that are signed through longer periods of time that we can restructure to front portions of their contract with the extra money we save getting rid of flynn..

    you dont think they're going to have to plan ahead for the hits on the cap these guys are going to make? they have to be thought of a year or two prior to this.. which is what they will be doing when they trade flynn this offseason and restructure contracts for 2014 and 2015 fronting some in 2013.. theres going to be several years in a row where they're gona have to cut fat paychecks.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • Jazzhawk wrote:So, the OP' premise was...keeping Flynn or keeping our secondary, basically saying since Flynn is making so much money next year, we won't be able to keep our secondary together, so we should ship him off for draft picks. So, in answer to that.....none of our Secondary are FA's next season, as kidhawk has accurately pointed out. Therefore, the point is moot.


    no it was not.. dont put words in my mouth.. its obvious what my point is.. the time is coming soon where these guys will be free agents and we will have to plan ahead for the massive contracts they will be making so that we can maintain reasonable cap numbers for them over the course of their contracts. you guys must be flynn lovers or something.. you're making every excuse in the book not to use common sense.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • Atradees wrote:Flynn is awesome.

    If Sherm can command 14 million a year would you pay it?



    i dont know where you got 14 million a year when revis is only making 12 million.. but hypothetically speaking if sherm can command 14 million a year yeah i'll tell you exactly what i'd do.. id trade flynn and use the 6.25 million that he's scheduled to be paid to pay part of sherman's contract as he is 100 times more valuable to this team than flynn is.. take away that 6.25 million from 14 and it would be a 7.75 million dollar net cap hit. yuppp gladly.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • Not convinced there is a trade market for Flynn.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

    :les:
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8672
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • kidhawk wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:I don't think Flynn has any interest in staying around.

    I would rather pick up a rookie in the 4-7th then keep Flynn around.


    Yes, this is a great idea, because this year's crop of quarterbacks is the new norm, and we should expect to get a guy in the late rounds of the draft who can come in and take us into the playoffs if something happens to Wilson.

    Hey I have an idea, why not just keep the one qb on the team, that way we save all that money we normally waste on a backup. We could let RealRob or one of our other guys with previous qb experience play if Wilson gets hurt.

    :sarcasm_off:


    As much as some folks hate to hear it Flynn IS a luxury for the Seahawks who is overpaying for a backup. He got his contract when the Hawks were unsettled at the QB position but now it has been settled. There are talents out there that this FO can zero in on at a better price point but we won't know until the off-season or before trade-deadlines next season. Both sides would like to see Flynn get his chance and move on sooner rather than later because Flynn is just not going to get any older or happier being warehoused in Seattle. Flynn has voiced his desire to be a starter somewhere and PC is a guy who is willing to help his players achieve success.

    Other considerations: Team chemistry--With all the youth and relatively small salary on this squad it can't be stated enough that MONEY challenges attitudes. Will Browner, Sherman and Russell Wilson continue to suppress these feelings of inequity knowing they do the all work while a certain backup QB gets up to 8x their salary for doing nothing.
    Also PC and our FO is all about getting the most out of their players, their picks and their money. They are about progress, competition and efficiency so it makes sense they will revisit Flynn's value to this team in the next year. There is much to this besides just cap space and player valuation--player objectives, attitudes and team chemistry to name a few.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 852
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


  • yup russ.. its not efficient to pay a backup qb like a starter.. only one of em can be on the field at a time so that money could even be used to overpay a free agent player at another position in the offseason to upgrade our overall talent
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • Here's the thing: we're fine in QB salary. Most teams with a good (read, not "elite" just good) QB are paying more for their starter than we are paying Wilson and Flynn combined. That's the reality of our situation at QB.

    The OP says something like "let's look beyond the position, and look at all the FA's" I'm paraphrasing, but it's close. So, let's go ahead and look beyond the most important position on the field. Thing is, Flynn's position is just one play away from being the most important position. You can't overstate the value of a good backup QB.

    As stated, we can't renegotiate with Sherman for a while. As for the rest of the list of FA's....well they're not expensive.

    Wright might cost us a bit, but it's not going to be that much.
    Obomanu is a fringe player. He'll be upgraded in the next couple of drafts.
    Tate will get some money, but seeing as we're under the cap, we could probably extend him after this year for fairly cheap.
    Chancellor is not playing his way into a big contract as of this year.
    Thomas won't command more money than he already got for his rookie contract, meaning his cap hit for that position will stay the same.

    We're not going to have to sign a lot of guys to big contracts. By the time Browner wants money, his age will preclude him from getting a lot on the open market. Sherman will probably be our most expensive FA, along with Wilson the year after that. Both players have a couple of years to prove they need that money.

    The next question is: who's the backup if we trade Flhynn ? Someone suggested drafting a 6th or 7th round QB and developing him for a backup role. Really??? So we're going to delve into the late rounds to get a guy that will have the keys to the franchise if Wilson gets hurt ? Brilliant.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • Hawks46 wrote:
    The next question is: who's the backup if we trade Flhynn ? Someone suggested drafting a 6th or 7th round QB and developing him for a backup role. Really??? So we're going to delve into the late rounds to get a guy that will have the keys to the franchise if Wilson gets hurt ? Brilliant.


    Doesn't have to be the 6th or 7th... but why not a 3rd, 4th rounder... you know, like EVERY other team does with a starting QB on the roster?

    Why didn't GB just re-sign Flynn? Have a great backup QB on the roster behind Rodgers... why would we do what GB wouldn't?
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

    :les:
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8672
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • SonicHawk wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:
    The next question is: who's the backup if we trade Flhynn ? Someone suggested drafting a 6th or 7th round QB and developing him for a backup role. Really??? So we're going to delve into the late rounds to get a guy that will have the keys to the franchise if Wilson gets hurt ? Brilliant.


    Doesn't have to be the 6th or 7th... but why not a 3rd, 4th rounder... you know, like EVERY other team does with a starting QB on the roster?

    Why didn't GB just re-sign Flynn? Have a great backup QB on the roster behind Rodgers... why would we do what GB wouldn't?

    Because BG was in salary cap hell and could not afford him, he wanted to be a starter (oops), and he was a free agent. 2 of those three will not apply to us next year.

    Thing is, our front office doesn't care. If there is a good deal to be had, they will do it. If there isn't, he is our backup. Its that simple.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11961
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • It's an absolute waste of money to pay a guy 5M to sit on the bench when all he is doing is getting older.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

    :les:
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8672
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • It's also weird as hell to pay your backup 13 times what you are paying your starter, CBA rules or no.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11961
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • What the OP fails to realize here, besides the fact that there will be so many other changes to our roster by then, making this entire discussion today inane, is that if he trades away Flynn's salary to max the cap for our DB's and other talent, how is he going to pay Wilson when he's due in 2015 (the same year several of these vaunted DB's is due)? Keeping Flynn around until you decide to re-sign Wilson, keeps that position in a place where we can afford to give Wilson the huge jump he's going to need to stick around. If you max the cap out signing everyone else, you have nothing left for the qb position. Wilson won't be making under a million for long in this league, he'll demand a MUCH higher paycheck. THAT is the time to rework the backup position. Not now
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • hawks46 i laughed out loud when i read that you think earl thomas will only be making what he made with his rookie contract hahahah...

    bottom line is we're not riding a backup qb to the superbowl whether its flynn or tarvaris jackson.. if rw were to go down we'd be pretty much screwed unless we had a defense that could carry a team. we're only a couple pieces away from being an elite defense the likes of baltimore or tampa bay's superbowl teams sported.. so my question.. why pay flynn 5-6 million a year to ride the pine when in the end he's not going to take us to the bowl.. when we could use that 5-6 million a year going to his contract to overpay some defensive pieces in the free agent market to shore up our weaknesses we have and become that elite defense that can win even if rw were to go down? thats more likely than flynn taking us to a superbowl.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • kidhawk i already touched on the fact were going to have to pay rw a huge contract in the future as well.. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IM SAYING LOL.. you guys are insane.. these kinda contracts have to be planned for years ahead of time!!! you dont come into the season like "ok so we've got 10 million in expiring contracts coming off the books.. oh hey russell you're a free agent this year and you want to be paid like a top 5 qb? okay let me just go over some numbers.. oh hey sorry if we do that then we have exactly zero cap space left for the rest of our free agent aquisitions this offseason........"

    by that time reworking the backup qb positions contract is gona be too late.. and its going to require a lot more than just that 5-6 million flynn is being paid now as long as rw keeps heading the direction he is... so yeah i'd say its pretty damn important to start planning on working these contracts out so that there will be a lot of cap space when the time comes.. this happens by restructuring guys in these current years when we have extra money to do so so their hits later on arent as much.. but to do that you cant be throwing money away at positions like backup qb where we're currently paying 3-6 times the avg salary. duh.
    Last edited by redhawk253 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • redhawk253 wrote:hawks46 i laughed out loud when i read that you think earl thomas will only be making what he made with his rookie contract hahahah...

    bottom line is we're not riding a backup qb to the superbowl whether its flynn or tarvaris jackson.. if rw were to go down we'd be pretty much screwed unless we had a defense that could carry a team. we're only a couple pieces away from being an elite defense the likes of baltimore or tampa bay's superbowl teams sported.. so my question.. why pay flynn 5-6 million a year to ride the pine when in the end he's not going to take us to the bowl.. when we could use that 5-6 million a year going to his contract to overpay some defensive pieces in the free agent market to shore up our weaknesses we have and become that elite defense that can win even if rw were to go down? thats more likely than flynn taking us to a superbowl.


    You're right, no team has their starter go down only to have their backup take them to the superbowl. Never happen in a million yea.....oh wait, that's right it HAS happened.

    http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d824fceed#photo=1
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • kidhawk wrote:
    redhawk253 wrote:hawks46 i laughed out loud when i read that you think earl thomas will only be making what he made with his rookie contract hahahah...

    bottom line is we're not riding a backup qb to the superbowl whether its flynn or tarvaris jackson.. if rw were to go down we'd be pretty much screwed unless we had a defense that could carry a team. we're only a couple pieces away from being an elite defense the likes of baltimore or tampa bay's superbowl teams sported.. so my question.. why pay flynn 5-6 million a year to ride the pine when in the end he's not going to take us to the bowl.. when we could use that 5-6 million a year going to his contract to overpay some defensive pieces in the free agent market to shore up our weaknesses we have and become that elite defense that can win even if rw were to go down? thats more likely than flynn taking us to a superbowl.


    You're right, no team has their starter go down only to have their backup take them to the superbowl. Never happen in a million yea.....oh wait, that's right it HAS happened.

    http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d824fceed#photo=1


    you're fricking hilarious.. i already had brady in my head but thats an exception to the rule and really doesnt apply in this situation..so you are essentially comparing flynn to brady then huh?.. lol goooooooooood night sweet jesus.. you're just a flynn lover in hiding trying to make up garbage excuses as to why he's worth keeping.

    NEWS FLASH!!! matt flynn is not tom brady v2.0 hahahahhahaha good lord

    oh and lets get this straight actually.. the patriots didn't ride brady to that superbowl win.. brady went 16 of 27 for 154 yards and 1 td.. the pats defense did however have a pick 6 and the final score was only a 3 pt differential.. so yeah they werent really riding brady. then you bring up dilfer.. yeah exactly prove my point some more.. the defense won that game.. dilfer has and always will be considered a role player on that team.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


  • Tom Brady was on his rookie contract.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

    :les:
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8672
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • redhawk253 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    redhawk253 wrote:hawks46 i laughed out loud when i read that you think earl thomas will only be making what he made with his rookie contract hahahah...

    bottom line is we're not riding a backup qb to the superbowl whether its flynn or tarvaris jackson.. if rw were to go down we'd be pretty much screwed unless we had a defense that could carry a team. we're only a couple pieces away from being an elite defense the likes of baltimore or tampa bay's superbowl teams sported.. so my question.. why pay flynn 5-6 million a year to ride the pine when in the end he's not going to take us to the bowl.. when we could use that 5-6 million a year going to his contract to overpay some defensive pieces in the free agent market to shore up our weaknesses we have and become that elite defense that can win even if rw were to go down? thats more likely than flynn taking us to a superbowl.


    You're right, no team has their starter go down only to have their backup take them to the superbowl. Never happen in a million yea.....oh wait, that's right it HAS happened.

    http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d824fceed#photo=1


    you're fricking hilarious.. i already had brady in my head but thats an exception to the rule and really doesnt apply in this situation..so you are essentially comparing flynn to brady then huh?.. lol goooooooooood night sweet jesus.. you're just a flynn lover in hiding trying to make up garbage excuses as to why he's worth keeping.

    NEWS FLASH!!! matt flynn is not tom brady v2.0 hahahahhahaha good lord

    oh and lets get this straight actually.. the patriots didn't ride brady to that superbowl win.. brady went 16 of 27 for 154 yards and 1 td.. the pats defense did however have a pick 6 and the final score was only a 3 pt differential.. so yeah they werent really riding brady. then you bring up dilfer.. yeah exactly prove my point some more.. the defense won that game.. dilfer has and always will be considered a role player on that team.



    I didn't bring up backups and the superbowl, you did. I merely pointed out why you were wrong about that. If you have a solid backup to put into a good team you can win the superbowl, so paying a solid guy to be the backup is NOT wasted and the season is not a waste when the starter goes down.

    Not only is your point in the OP meaningless for at least 2 years (you don't dump salary this year to sign someone in 2 years), your theory of being out of contention if Wilson gets hurt is nearly as ludicrous.

    As for a Flynn lover, I am quite firmly settled in my space aboard the Wilson train. I have no desire to replace him right now with anyone, Flynn included. What I am, is a fan of this team, and I want the best talent available at all the positions. When Pete and John find someone they like better for the position, then they'll replace Flynn, but to say that his $5 million cap number is an issue for next season is absolutely the stupidest currently on the front page of this forum. I showed you every player who will be a free agent next season, none of which, with the possible exception of Jones is a mandatory re-sign. Yes we'll replace them with new players and salaries, but we have enough cap room to do this and Keep Flynn. The Elite players on this team are staggered so only a few contracts end each year, meaning we can offer bonuses which pro-rate over the length of the contract, making it MUCH easier to fit them under whatever the cap is in that particular year. I also mentioned that we have over $10 million in cap space next year to fill those free agent positions, but we also have millions in dead cap money from old contracts that we took the hit for this year which will clear off for next year as well.

    To sum up, there is absolutely no reason to worry about the backup qb position for the next season when it comes to the salary cap. Once we get closer to the end of next season, then it MIGHT be something that is an issue, but your entire premise about needing to get rid of Flynn for the cap is ludicrous and makes ZERO mathematical sense through the 2013 season
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • SonicHawk wrote:Not convinced there is a trade market for Flynn.


    This post seems weird in the context of all your other posts in this thread. If there is no market for Flynn, how do we pick up a 4-7th rounder? If we cut him, don't we still take a cap hit in both seasons? If paying him to sit on the bench is bad, it seems paying him to sit on the couch would be worse. JMHO
    User avatar
    BobcatHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 342
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:02 am
    Location: Evanston, WY


  • redhawk253 wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Flynn is awesome.

    If Sherm can command 14 million a year would you pay it?



    i dont know where you got 14 million a year when revis is only making 12 million.. but hypothetically speaking if sherm can command 14 million a year yeah i'll tell you exactly what i'd do.. id trade flynn and use the 6.25 million that he's scheduled to be paid to pay part of sherman's contract as he is 100 times more valuable to this team than flynn is.. take away that 6.25 million from 14 and it would be a 7.75 million dollar net cap hit. yuppp gladly.


    I think when Sherm becomes a free agent its certainly possible he will be pushing for the highest paid corner.
    Do we keep him? It would cost more us than Flynn. Or next great find up!
    Image
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2585
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


  • BobcatHawk wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:Not convinced there is a trade market for Flynn.


    This post seems weird in the context of all your other posts in this thread. If there is no market for Flynn, how do we pick up a 4-7th rounder? If we cut him, don't we still take a cap hit in both seasons? If paying him to sit on the bench is bad, it seems paying him to sit on the couch would be worse. JMHO


    Flynn's signing bonus is counting against the cap at a rate of $2 million per season. they are allowed to split whatever remains between 2 seasons, so no matter what, at the end of this year if he's gone, they take that $4 million cap hit. The only choice is do they make it $2 million per year or take it all in one year.

    The funny thing is that Flynn is a free agent in 2015. His deal here is for only 3 years (2 more after this year). His deal expires at the same time as a lot of the players the OP is worried about paying. The whole thread is ludicrous when you really think about the math, but that's not going to stop some people.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • kidhawk wrote:
    BobcatHawk wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:Not convinced there is a trade market for Flynn.


    This post seems weird in the context of all your other posts in this thread. If there is no market for Flynn, how do we pick up a 4-7th rounder? If we cut him, don't we still take a cap hit in both seasons? If paying him to sit on the bench is bad, it seems paying him to sit on the couch would be worse. JMHO


    Flynn's signing bonus is counting against the cap at a rate of $2 million per season. they are allowed to split whatever remains between 2 seasons, so no matter what, at the end of this year if he's gone, they take that $4 million cap hit. The only choice is do they make it $2 million per year or take it all in one year.

    The funny thing is that Flynn is a free agent in 2015. His deal here is for only 3 years (2 more after this year). His deal expires at the same time as a lot of the players the OP is worried about paying. The whole thread is ludicrous when you really think about the math, but that's not going to stop some people.



    What!!! You're saying people here have ludicrous long term ideas discussing conspiracys that would never happen in the real world????

    Say it ain't so Sam.

    :roll:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • The Radish wrote:Say it ain't so Sam. :roll:


    It ain't so Sam :laugh:
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14904
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Next


It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information