How did Sweezy play against Ari?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
How did Sweezy play against Ari?
Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 pm
  • I really don't pay much attention to the Oline or individual players (unless they mess up), typical fan I guess. Anyone have comments on Sweezy?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Re: How did Sweezy play against Ari?
Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:08 pm
  • Sweezy looked real good, but AZ was mailing it in by then.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 pm
  • Re-watched the whole game last night. Sweezy played unreal, I thought he was the best O lineman out there. He played in the first half before things got ugly as well as most of the second half. On one play he drove Dockett back 3 yards. I was also impressed with his foot speed.

He plays like a son of a B.. out there but he's our son of a B.. . He really started pissing the Arizona player off near the end of the 3rd quarter and he just keep hammering them right to the whistle.

He's a starter next year - book it.
    Last edited by gabel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    gabel
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:41 pm
  • gabel wrote:On one play he drove Doucet back 3 yards.

I'm pretty sure you meant DOCKETT and not Doucet who is one of the AZ WR's.....you had me confused for a minute there :)
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:44 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
    gabel wrote:On one play he drove Doucet back 3 yards.

I'm pretty sure you meant DOCKETT and not Doucet who is one of the AZ WR's.....you had me confused for a minute there :)

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Moving Doucet back 3 yards is nothing for a linemen.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:45 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:

Yeah, if his pushing Doucet back impresses, you may want to further evaluate the Sweazmeister.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:47 pm
  • Anyone else like to see him starting at Right Tackle? Sure seems like he has the athleticism to handle it well....
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 pm
  • smashmouth59 wrote:
    Chrome_Seahawk wrote:

Yeah, if his pushing Doucet back impresses, you may want to further evaluate the Sweazmeister.

Don't be a douche to the guy :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:01 pm
  • sam1313 wrote:Anyone else like to see him starting at Right Tackle? Sure seems like he has the athleticism to handle it well....

That's my hope. I think Carp is a lock at LG, and I think you've got Moffitt/Rishaw for RG and breno and Sweezy battling it out for the right side spots. I think that would be a pretty awesome situation.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:27 pm
  • sam1313 wrote:Anyone else like to see him starting at Right Tackle? Sure seems like he has the athleticism to handle it well....

Didn't Kearly say that in one of his write ups? I think he did.

It looks like Sweaze has the chops, he just wasn't quite ready for the NFL when he was drafted. Not surprising, since he played D-line in college IIRC. It sure would be nice to see a young late round pick make an impact for our O-line. It has been a problem for so long, it's hard to believe that P&J may have turned it around, and so fast.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm
  • If a good interior OL drops to us this draft, I think we take him.

Carpenter isn't very durable, and Moffit really hasn't impressed me. I thought he would be a lot more physical, coming from that Wisconsin OL.

Sweezy would be intriguing at RT, but it would probably be a project. I can't see it by next year.

The only locks I see on this OL is Unger and Okung.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:01 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:If a good interior OL drops to us this draft, I think we take him.

Carpenter isn't very durable, and Moffit really hasn't impressed me. I thought he would be a lot more physical, coming from that Wisconsin OL.

Sweezy would be intriguing at RT, but it would probably be a project. I can't see it by next year.

The only locks I see on this OL is Unger and Okung.

:13: I love the Hell out of Moffit, but he seems to get beat by interior linemen more times then I like.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 pm
  • I actually didn't think he played that well. He also had some horrible play at the start of the season which lead to him not taking any snaps from the St. Louis game (he took 4 snaps only that game) till the Arizona game where he played 38/70 snaps.

To be honest outside of Unger and Okung our offensive line play has not been very good at all. I hope they draft another offensive lineman, we really need to upgrade it's too bad Carpenter can't stay healthy, not that he's playing well either. The combination of Wilson's mobility, Lynch's ability to get yards after contact, and some good offensive play calling has really helped us overcome and make it seem like they aren't as bad as they are.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:52 pm
  • the ditch wrote:I actually didn't think he played that well. He also had some horrible play at the start of the season which lead to him not taking any snaps from the St. Louis game (he took 4 snaps only that game) till the Arizona game where he played 38/70 snaps.

To be honest outside of Unger and Okung our offensive line play has not been very good at all. I hope they draft another offensive lineman, we really need to upgrade it's too bad Carpenter can't stay healthy, not that he's playing well either. The combination of Wilson's mobility, Lynch's ability to get yards after contact, and some good offensive play calling has really helped us overcome and make it seem like they aren't as bad as they are.

I totally agree with this statement.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information