Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: How did Sweezy play against Ari?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 pm 
NET Veteran

I really don't pay much attention to the Oline or individual players (unless they mess up), typical fan I guess. Anyone have comments on Sweezy?

Post subject: Re: How did Sweezy play against Ari?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:08 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Sweezy looked real good, but AZ was mailing it in by then.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Re-watched the whole game last night. Sweezy played unreal, I thought he was the best O lineman out there. He played in the first half before things got ugly as well as most of the second half. On one play he drove Dockett back 3 yards. I was also impressed with his foot speed.

He plays like a son of a B.. out there but he's our son of a B.. . He really started pissing the Arizona player off near the end of the 3rd quarter and he just keep hammering them right to the whistle.

He's a starter next year - book it.

Last edited by gabel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:41 pm 
NET Starter

gabel wrote:
On one play he drove Doucet back 3 yards.

I'm pretty sure you meant DOCKETT and not Doucet who is one of the AZ WR's.....you had me confused for a minute there :)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:44 pm 
NET Veteran

Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
gabel wrote:

I'm pretty sure you meant DOCKETT and not Doucet who is one of the AZ WR's.....you had me confused for a minute there :)

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Moving Doucet back 3 yards is nothing for a linemen.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:45 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
gabel wrote:

Yeah, if his pushing Doucet back impresses, you may want to further evaluate the Sweazmeister.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:47 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Anyone else like to see him starting at Right Tackle? Sure seems like he has the athleticism to handle it well....

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 pm 
NET Veteran

smashmouth59 wrote:
Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
gabel wrote:

Yeah, if his pushing Doucet back impresses, you may want to further evaluate the Sweazmeister.

Don't be a douche to the guy :)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:01 pm 
NET Veteran

sam1313 wrote:
Anyone else like to see him starting at Right Tackle? Sure seems like he has the athleticism to handle it well....

That's my hope. I think Carp is a lock at LG, and I think you've got Moffitt/Rishaw for RG and breno and Sweezy battling it out for the right side spots. I think that would be a pretty awesome situation.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:27 pm 
USMC 1970-77

sam1313 wrote:

Didn't Kearly say that in one of his write ups? I think he did.

It looks like Sweaze has the chops, he just wasn't quite ready for the NFL when he was drafted. Not surprising, since he played D-line in college IIRC. It sure would be nice to see a young late round pick make an impact for our O-line. It has been a problem for so long, it's hard to believe that P&J may have turned it around, and so fast.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm 
NET Veteran

If a good interior OL drops to us this draft, I think we take him.

Carpenter isn't very durable, and Moffit really hasn't impressed me. I thought he would be a lot more physical, coming from that Wisconsin OL.

Sweezy would be intriguing at RT, but it would probably be a project. I can't see it by next year.

The only locks I see on this OL is Unger and Okung.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Hawks46 wrote:
If a good interior OL drops to us this draft, I think we take him.

Carpenter isn't very durable, and Moffit really hasn't impressed me. I thought he would be a lot more physical, coming from that Wisconsin OL.

Sweezy would be intriguing at RT, but it would probably be a project. I can't see it by next year.

The only locks I see on this OL is Unger and Okung.

:13: I love the Hell out of Moffit, but he seems to get beat by interior linemen more times then I like.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

I actually didn't think he played that well. He also had some horrible play at the start of the season which lead to him not taking any snaps from the St. Louis game (he took 4 snaps only that game) till the Arizona game where he played 38/70 snaps.

To be honest outside of Unger and Okung our offensive line play has not been very good at all. I hope they draft another offensive lineman, we really need to upgrade it's too bad Carpenter can't stay healthy, not that he's playing well either. The combination of Wilson's mobility, Lynch's ability to get yards after contact, and some good offensive play calling has really helped us overcome and make it seem like they aren't as bad as they are.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:52 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

the ditch wrote:
I actually didn't think he played that well. He also had some horrible play at the start of the season which lead to him not taking any snaps from the St. Louis game (he took 4 snaps only that game) till the Arizona game where he played 38/70 snaps.

To be honest outside of Unger and Okung our offensive line play has not been very good at all. I hope they draft another offensive lineman, we really need to upgrade it's too bad Carpenter can't stay healthy, not that he's playing well either. The combination of Wilson's mobility, Lynch's ability to get yards after contact, and some good offensive play calling has really helped us overcome and make it seem like they aren't as bad as they are.

I totally agree with this statement.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]