New ESPN Article on PC

usChawks

Reaction score

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Welcome to .NET, mate. Great contrast between the two articles. Really shows how far we've come in the last few years. Consider this paragraph:

History says Carroll will build a team with great defensive energy. He has a few good defensive players to start with -- linebacker Aaron Curry, cornerback Josh Wilson and defensive linemen Brandon Mebane and Lawrence Jackson (a Carroll product from USC) -- but overall the talent on the team befits one that's gone 9-23 in the last two years. Matt Hasselbeck turns 35 in September, and his career is in decline. Carroll will have many tasks early on -- replacing a franchise left tackle in Walter Jones, developing some semblance of a pass-rush, building a running game -- but none as daunting as finding an heir to Hasselbeck.

Yep. Those defensive players are the core of this team. Curry, Josh Wilson, and LoJack listed as three of our four main assets. Wow. And the need to replace Walter Jones, Matthew Hasselbeck, and find a running game? Decent enough job there, I'd say. No one will ever truly replace the great Walter Jones, but I'd say we don't have any of those questions to answer next year.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":7781l0j7 said:
Welcome to .NET, mate. Great contrast between the two articles. Really shows how far we've come in the last few years. Consider this paragraph:

History says Carroll will build a team with great defensive energy. He has a few good defensive players to start with -- linebacker Aaron Curry, cornerback Josh Wilson and defensive linemen Brandon Mebane and Lawrence Jackson (a Carroll product from USC) -- but overall the talent on the team befits one that's gone 9-23 in the last two years. Matt Hasselbeck turns 35 in September, and his career is in decline. Carroll will have many tasks early on -- replacing a franchise left tackle in Walter Jones, developing some semblance of a pass-rush, building a running game -- but none as daunting as finding an heir to Hasselbeck.

Yep. Those defensive players are the core of this team. Curry, Josh Wilson, and LoJack listed as three of our four main assets. Wow. And the need to replace Walter Jones, Matthew Hasselbeck, and find a running game? Decent enough job there, I'd say. No one will ever truly replace the great Walter Jones, but I'd say we don't have any of those questions to answer next year.

It is amazing how this team has turned around fairly quickly with soooooooo many personnel changes since PC and Schneider took over.

sam1313

Reaction score
All hail PC/JS. Love those guys and what they have done for this team. :thirishdrinkers: :229031_thewave: :kool-aid:

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
With the benefit hindsight, I think the Sanchez comments have some delicious irony to them as well. Nice reads, thanks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This really cracks me up!

"Out of the mouths of Sanchezes ...

After the Jets' playoff win in Cincinnati, former USC quarterback Mark Sanchez, smiling, said this about USC coach Pete Carroll's imminent decision to coach the Seahawks: "Speaking of coach Carroll, I just want everyone to know I completely disagree with his decision to go to the NFL. Statistics show it's not a good choice.'' Obviously referencing Carroll's press conference last winter when the junior announced he was leaving USC early, Sanchez said he was just kidding. But he's right."

HAHAHAHAHA!! Look who has the last laugh! Sanchez gets burned, on and off the field! :141847_bnono:

Latest posts