Wilson on Mike and Mike

HawkinNY

Reaction score
He is my hero. "GO HAWKS" has there ever been a player who signs off like that. He was destine to be a hawk!

Good interview. Just amazing how he seems like hes been in the league much longer. Imagine 5 years from now. Its nice to finally hear about the Hawks here in NY.

JonRud

Reaction score
I missed the interview [will try to catch it later] but I love when he signs off with Go Hawks. Agree with Largent just give him a 10 year deal now and be done with it.

OP
OP
H

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Well the way john works I am sure they will wait till he has one year left or when they can dump Flynn and then give him a long term deal. it just feels good to have our QB. We never had luck drafting a QB. And so many years we thought maybe he is the one. Even when Mirer was a rookie I though he was good but nothing compared to wilson. In 2 years I would offer Wilson a 8-10 year contract.

Lithium

Reaction score
let me guess, they bring up his height and he says, "i dont believe my height defines my skill set" lol

HawkGA

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3dcuunkd said:
He is my hero. "GO HAWKS" has there ever been a player who signs off like that. He was destine to be a hawk!

You do know that if he was drafted by another team, he probably wouldn't sign off the interviews with "GO HAWKS" right?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
First time I have been able to hear the "Go Hawks" sign off. A very diplomatic answer when they had to bring up the Packer game. For those who missed it, you can find the interview here

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike (3rd one down).

Thank goodness for ESPN radio. Sports radio in Canada is all about the NHL lockout (would rather take a kick to the groin than hear more about that)

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I watched J.J. Watt signing off, "Go Texans" on an NFL Network interview. Looks like the Wilson end of the interview sign-off is starting to catch on.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Wilson is an absolute rarity in professional sports these days. Class act, amazing athlete, great head on his shoulders, smart. Happy as a fat kid in a candy store this guy is OUR quarterback!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Let's just hope that by the time he can negotiate contracts under the CBA that our FO locks him up for around 5 years.

I don't want to blow our load and sign him 8-10 years right off the bat. What happens in the case of major injuries? What about something extraordinary like a Flynn/Wilson competition position take-over?

Granted, I don't think we're gonna land another rookie that is going to dethrone RW in the near future, but we gotta be level-headed...

If we guarantee too much and then he ends up being a dud, good luck dealing him for even close to what we're paying.

Edit: Spelling/grammar

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkinNY":2xqc51tb said:

Good point - how stupid would he sound if he was drafted by the Raiders and ended every interview with Go Hawks..........

JGfromtheNW":2xqc51tb said:
I won't blow our load and sign him 8-10 years right off the bat. What happens in the case of major injuries? What about something extraordinary like a Flynn/Wilson competition position take-over?

You cut him...........

rjdriver

Reaction score
Let's wait til his contract expires and them put a transition tag on him. That will guarantee he stays, we could match any other offer.

Cough cough

Onyx

Reaction score
His coach at Wisconsin Bret Bielema ends his interview in a similar fashion. Wonder if it is something Russell picked up from him. Heard an interview from Bielema and he ended it with Go Hogs!

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
Onyx":2snks9xs said:
His coach at Wisconsin Bret Bielema ends his interview in a similar fashion. Wonder if it is something Russell picked up from him. Heard an interview from Bielema and he ended it with Go Hogs!

I was just going to say the same thing. Must be a Wisconsin thing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1ny1w9y2 said:
Largent80":1ny1w9y2 said:
Lock him up long term right now.....why wait?

Because it's written into the CBA that we can't.

Correct, we can't even begin negotations until the end of his 3rd season in the league. Assuming he stays healthy, this is a no brainer. The cool part is that he is signed to a 4 year deal, so we have him for the 4th year and get to start negotiating at the end of year three. That gives us a good window to be able to get the man paid and locked in long term before anyone else can even talk about signing him. It also allows us to be able to pay a guy who I feel is a solid backup, a little more to stay here as our backup (Flynn), without really having the position hurt the cap.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":2ulhd4lz said:
Onyx":2ulhd4lz said:

You sure it wasn't "Going Away, Wisconsin!"

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":22rmvda6 said:
Floridahawk79":22rmvda6 said:
Onyx":22rmvda6 said:

You sure it wasn't "Going Away, Wisconsin!"

It was "On Wisconsin!" but now it's "Gone Wisconsin!" for Bret.

But yea it's a Wisconsin thing. Bret, Russell and Watt (all former badgers) are like that. Proud and devoted to where they are.