Russell Wilson, Seahawks are Super Bowl contenders - SI.com

tubbs51

Reaction score
Wow. Interesting article.

Glad to see that we're getting praise from the national media but its weird. It almost has me worried.

debevemos

Reaction score
So I think I've figured it out.... When Wilson leads our team to three more hard fought victories to end the season, earning us the #2 seed and first round bye, then he will have tipped the scales in the OROY voting.

I like it!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Anyone scared to death of articles like this?

Don't get me wrong.. I enjoy reading the praise. And everything he writes is logical.

It's just... if we go to Toronto and lose to the Bills this weekend, you'll probably read an article saying the Seahawks blew it... that they're frauds. That they had a chance to create a NFC West 'title game' almost next week and couldn't get it done. So while praise is great... I just we're reading the same kind of things with the NFC West title already locked up.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't like it. I like flying under the radar and just hearing that they have an outside chance. Media spins everything. We know they have a shot and all and can play with any team anywhere while competing, but there are a short list of teams that now have a Seahawk loss on their record that would LOVE to get it back.

Dallas
GB
NE
Chicago

This team just needs to go to Buffalo and take care of business.

mikeak

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3tqnkyvz said:

YES!!!!

theENGLISHseahawk":3tqnkyvz said:
It's just... if we go to Toronto and lose to the Bills this weekend, you'll probably read an article saying the Seahawks blew it... that they're frauds. .

We have a very important game next week (49ers), we are going on the road, the Bills have been great some weeks and horrific others, Spiller will be a huge issue for our defense............

This game scares the crap out of me and the ballon right now is so incredibly inflated and if we loose everyone will ridicule those in the media that got on the Seahawks bandwagon.

With that said even with a loss I think we come home and go 2-0 and then make AT LEAST a dent in the playoffs getting us the respect back and set up for next year.........

kidhawk

Reaction score
tubbs51":3d9u6xyt said:
Wow. Interesting article.

Glad to see that we're getting praise from the national media but its weird. It almost has me worried.

It should have you worried..THIS is one of the signs of the apocalypse :laugh:

Throwdown

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":150nvgpg said:

Don't get me wrong.. I enjoy reading the praise. And everything he writes is logical.

It's just... if we go to Toronto and lose to the Bills this weekend, you'll probably read an article saying the Seahawks blew it... that they're frauds. That they had a chance to create a NFC West 'title game' almost next week and couldn't get it done. So while praise is great... I just we're reading the same kind of things with the NFC West title already locked up.

I hate articles like this.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Elite teams get lambasted for losing to anybody other than another one of the few elite teams out there, and this happens every year to every elite team, almost always. Why are you guys scared of it? Give me a break. We'll get spoken of poorly just like the Pats did when they lost to the Cardinals.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Gotta love it and I feel very confident in DangeRuss.
Russ will be ready for Buffalo. I hope the rest of the team is.

Steve2222

Reaction score
These types of articles don't scare me in the least. Same thing with Bulletin Board Material type stuff. Think its all overblown. Players play hard every game.

What scares me is a mantra inside the heads of our players that they cant win on the road which may affect their road play. Hopefully the Bears game helped cure that.

I'll take all the hype we can get. Remember we still have guys like Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman on our squad. You know, guys who will have chips on their shoulders their whole career. A little love isnt going to set them back.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2mflyizk said:
I don't like it. I like flying under the radar and just hearing that they have an outside chance. Media spins everything. We know they have a shot and all and can play with any team anywhere while competing, but there are a short list of teams that now have a Seahawk loss on their record that would LOVE to get it back.

Dallas
GB
NE
Chicago

The problem is, you can't play the way Wilson and the Seahawks have been playing this season and stay under the radar. Sure, if all bloggers, journalists, etc. just looked at the record, then it would be easy for them to dismiss us as a slightly above average team. But when they actually WATCH the games and see what the Seahawks are doing, they see a whole new thing.

Still, I think that this is where the coaches will earn their pay. Sure, it's possible that the team starts feeling a little too good about itself after the Chicago and Arizona games and decides it can coast in Buffalo, but it's on the coaches to keep the guys hungry and focused. I imagine there's going to be a lot of repetition of something Carroll said after the Arizona game... "We haven't done anything yet." And he'll hammer that home.

Be confident, trust yourselves and your teammates, but remember... We don't have a playoff spot locked up. We don't have the division title. We don't even have a winning season guaranteed. The only way to start accomplishing those goals is to start with the Bills.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":z6cqbse7 said:
loafoftatupu":z6cqbse7 said:

Dallas
GB
NE
Chicago

The problem is, you can't play the way Wilson and the Seahawks have been playing this season and stay under the radar. Sure, if all bloggers, journalists, etc. just looked at the record, then it would be easy for them to dismiss us as a slightly above average team. But when they actually WATCH the games and see what the Seahawks are doing, they see a whole new thing.

Still, I think that this is where the coaches will earn their pay. Sure, it's possible that the team starts feeling a little too good about itself after the Chicago and Arizona games and decides it can coast in Buffalo, but it's on the coaches to keep the guys hungry and focused. I imagine there's going to be a lot of repetition of something Carroll said after the Arizona game... "We haven't done anything yet." And he'll hammer that home.

Be confident, trust yourselves and your teammates, but remember... We don't have a playoff spot locked up. We don't have the division title. We don't even have a winning season guaranteed. The only way to start accomplishing those goals is to start with the Bills.

Agreed. In fact, if I'm the coaching staff, the only score I have on the board this week is 17 - 14 Miami. A good reminder or two of what happens when you overlook a mediocre opponent is a good thing.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
volsunghawk":28g4z3r1 said:
loafoftatupu":28g4z3r1 said:

Dallas
GB
NE
Chicago

Yep Caroll followed up a convincing postgame speech with "well now take two days off and we'll see you guys on Wednesday."

Russell Wilson was like "Pssst. Meet me in the film room tomorrow or you won't see a pass from me next week."