Sherman's Appeal Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This is good news. Every game he can play in is one game closer to getting Browner back. I can see doing without one of them, but both of them is a lot worse. At least WT3 is balling.

I love Sherman though. He is just a STUD corner. I hate to see him miss any games, but as long as one of them is in the field with WT3 I am good.

razgriz737

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ollpqhq said:
Is Browner allowed to practice with the team while suspended? I wonder about that.
I think I read somewhere that suspended guys aren't even allowed at any of the facilities, so I don't think so.

Seaswab

Reaction score
I think we already knew he was playing against the bills. It's the other two games we were worried about.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":14lmqtbu said:
Is Browner allowed to practice with the team while suspended? I wonder about that.

No, but here's food for thought. Players suspended for PED's cannot receive any awards. So, Sherman can't go to the pro bowl or be named 1st team all-pro?????

OP
OP
G

Gifted1

Reaction score
^ ah, must have missed the thread. Appreciate the clarification jazzhawk.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Wait so... if he doesn't get suspended before the playoffs, does that mean he can play for the whole playoff run?

Im only asking this cus I heard that his appeal could be pushed back and would begin the first 4 games next season.

PUUUUH-LEASE EDUMACATE ME ON DIS!

BigMeach

Reaction score
One good thing is that the suspension being delayed can very easily mean they have evidence to support his case of being innocent as it takes time to get that prepared.

kidhawk

Reaction score
BigMeach":2v7t7fjn said:
One good thing is that the suspension being delayed can very easily mean they have evidence to support his case of being innocent as it takes time to get that prepared.

I really hope he can get off, but this delay is basically strategic and has nothing to do with evidence for or against him. This type of tactic is used to delay cases in the legal system all the time. Hire a lawyer or change lawyers late in the process and they put everything on hold to allow the new attorney to prepare the case. This appeal isn't a legal hearing per se, but if they don't follow reasonable protocols, it would give Sherman reason to sue in an actual court to halt the process. It's a smart move, although it's not a cheap one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2su695ca said:
No, but here's food for thought. Players suspended for PED's cannot receive any awards. So, Sherman can't go to the pro bowl or be named 1st team all-pro?????

All-Pro is not an NFL award, it's handed out by the media; Sherman can still get that, I'm pretty sure.

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3f04dpzq said:
hawksfan515":3f04dpzq said:

All-Pro is not an NFL award, it's handed out by the media; Sherman can still get that, I'm pretty sure.

Hes also not suspended yet. Until his appeal is heard. And if it gets pushed back until after the regular season, then technically I would think he can make the pro-bowl

Hawks46

Reaction score
The thing that gets me is that Sherman is smart enough to know if he really did piss hot, then he can't fight this. He keeps saying he will be exonerated, and that he did nothing wrong.

Browner also claimed he did nothing wrong, plus he was already on watch for violating the league's policies on PED's before, so he knows what's coming. Browner "changing his mind" is probably related to him just taking the suspension now, so if Sherman's case goes sideways, they can stagger the suspensions.

This tells me that there really might be something going on other than players trying to get away with something. Look at most other players around the league, getting suspended and claiming Adderall. They are just taking the suspension quietly. Sherman and Browner have done nothing to lead us to think they are ignorant dumbasses like some guys in the league are (Cromartie for the Jets, for example).

I really hope we can get Sherman pushed out til next year. The way the Hawks are playing right now, with the momentum we're gaining, I really think we have a chance to make a deep playoff run, and we need Sherman in the playoffs. Sherman, Browner and now Thurmond will be epic.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
It's a simple game. Browner fell on the sword right away and made himself available for the playoffs for sure, while Sherm helps us ensure that we get there. If he can get the hearing pushed back into the off-season, and we get both guys in the playoffs they have certainly defeated the system here, with the most minimal amount of damage to the team.

It's questionable from an integrity viewpoint, but in terms of doing whatever they can for the team and only the team, they are doing the best thing possible right now.

And as a Hawk fan, I'm all for it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
More it gets pushed back the better you have to believe. I can see Sherman pushing this back until our season ends (hopefully in February) then all of a sudden going "meh.. I'll drop the appeal"

Status
Not open for further replies.