Great short article on Jon Kitna

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Great short article on Jon Kitna
Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:38 pm
  • As also a graduate of Lincoln High School and having been a huge fan since those HS days, it was great to finally see Jon Kitna raise the 12th Man Flag. Met him a couple years ago while I was working in retail (he bought 2 tubs of NO Xplode) and he was a class act (although, my friend told me he's kind of a jerk when it comes to anything competive. His sister is married to Kitna's brother). Told him I was a big fan and asked him about his future. He said that he was leaving for Dallas in the next couple days. It was amazing to me he was still in the league, because I thought he had retired.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Catching-up-with-Jon-Kitna/b18a7f69-a1ac-40a0-b9c4-f47581938af2

As for raising the 12th Man flag, Kitna smiled and offered, “This is whole new experience. I’ve never even seen it happen. I’ve heard people talk about it. The way the community and the whole state have gotten behind the Seahawks and the whole culture of the 12th Man, I’m really looking forward to experiencing it and in future years getting season tickets and bringing (Jordan) to games and being part of the 12th Man.”

Love that he went back to our old HS and is touching the lives of his students and players. Cheers, Mr. Kitna.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Re: Great article on Jon Kitna
Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:41 pm
  • I can't believe the Seahawks organization doesn't give the flag raisers customized jerseys.

'FAN'?

Really?
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 pm
  • jamsomatic wrote:I can't believe the Seahawks organization doesn't give the flag raisers customized jerseys.

'FAN'?

Really?

Paul Allen is trying to save some money.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Re: Great short article on Jon Kitna
Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm
  • Cool read, I've always like Kitna. I wanted to go to the game when his school played against the school here, always next season. I gotta get my Kitna rookie card signed, haha.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    jamsomatic wrote:I can't believe the Seahawks organization doesn't give the flag raisers customized jerseys.

'FAN'?

Really?

I have a feeling a few custom jerseys per year for flag raisers is not going to put Mr. Allen in the poorhouse.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 pm
  • Always liked Kitna. Glad to see he's returned.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:32 pm
  • bellingerga wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    jamsomatic wrote:I can't believe the Seahawks organization doesn't give the flag raisers customized jerseys.

'FAN'?

Really?

I have a feeling a few custom jerseys per year for flag raisers is not going to put Mr. Allen in the poorhouse.

Ya never know. The economy may have hit him hard and he's cutting back anywhere possible.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information