Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Power Rankings
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:52 pm 
NET Starter

I'd first like to say is don't take these things very serious, they are just opinions. I read them weekly just for fun. Enjoy.

Fox Sports (Brian Billick)
8. Didn't move up. The 58 points the Seahawks scored was a franchise record ... oh, and they didn't allow any points either.

ESPN
10. Moved up 2. Sando picked us 7th. Anything's possible for the Seahawks, who could be the NFC's top seed -- or miss the playoffs entirely. (Sando)

USA Today
8. Moved up 4. Win-win. A 58-point victory vs. a division rival and some key players get a short day at the office.

CBS (Pete Prisco)
10. Moved up 2. They are surging. Are they the team nobody wants if they get to the playoffs?

NFL.com (Elliot Harrison)
7. Moved up 3. The Seattle Seahawks' defense just scored another touchdown. Come back later.

NBC Sports/PFT (Mike Florio)
7. Didn't move up. Unlike the 2005 team that made it to the Super Bowl, this team can win big games away from Seattle.

Post subject: Re: Power Rankings
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 pm 
NET Starter

Colin Cowherd has us ranked 3rd. San Fran 8th

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:05 pm 
NET Veteran

Missed the Cowherd show but he put us 3rd.......... I like that one better :)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

sainthawk29 wrote:
Colin Cowherd has us ranked 3rd. San Fran 8th

Wow, gimme some Cowpuke love!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm 
NET Veteran

I saw that POS Graziano at ESPN had us 12th, with the Bears at 9. Usually I don't care about power rankings, but that guys needs to get punched.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:35 pm 
NET Veteran

Missing_Clink wrote:
I saw that POS Graziano at ESPN had us 12th, with the Bears at 9. Usually I don't care about power rankings, but that guys needs to get punched.

+1 :th2thumbs:

Earlier in the season he defended his lower ranking of the Hawks because "they can't win on the road".

How does the Hawks victory over the Bears AT SOLDIER FIELD not put us ahead of them in his petrified, pea-brained head.!!!!!!

Also, the Hawks are on a roll... and the Bears are stumbling and about to be put out of their misery by the Packers next week.

NEWSFLASH: the Chicago Bears don't make the Playoffs, just like last year. :th2thumbs:

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:54 pm 
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
*Hawk Junk Junkie*

Quote:
Anything's possible for the Seahawks, who could be the NFC's top seed -- or miss the playoffs entirely. (Sando)

So true. I'll have a better opinion about this, after I see how our team does in Toronto this weekend. Hope we're getting our mojo on when it really matters.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 pm 
NET Veteran

:link:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:07 pm 
NET Veteran

ESPN also has a funny shot on the Falcons, something along the lines of "Good to see the Falcons are in playoff form" after they lost. BURN!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:09 pm 
NET Veteran

SEC FAN wrote:
I'd first like to say is don't take these things very serious, they are just opinions. I read them weekly just for fun. Enjoy.

8. Didn't move up. The 58 points the Seahawks scored was a franchise record ... oh, and they didn't allow any points either.

ESPN
10. Moved up 2. Sando picked us 7th. Anything's possible for the Seahawks, who could be the NFC's top seed -- or miss the playoffs entirely. (Sando)

USA Today
8. Moved up 4. Win-win. A 58-point victory vs. a division rival and some key players get a short day at the office.

CBS (Pete Prisco)
10. Moved up 2. They are surging. Are they the team nobody wants if they get to the playoffs?

7. Moved up 3. The Seattle Seahawks' defense just scored another touchdown. Come back later.

7. Didn't move up. Unlike the 2005 team that made it to the Super Bowl, this team can win big games away from Seattle.

This last one confused me. Was he saying the 2005 team couldnt win big games on the road? We lost to Jacksonville, Washington, and GB (with our starters playing like a series). We beat Philly (destroyed them), Tennessee, and our division.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Steve2222 wrote:
SEC FAN wrote:

ESPN

USA Today

CBS (Pete Prisco)

This last one confused me. Was he saying the 2005 team couldnt win big games on the road? We lost to Jacksonville, Washington, and GB (with our starters playing like a series). We beat Philly (destroyed them), Tennessee, and our division.

Yea, a bunch of guys were making comments on that page. we had a 5-3 road record in 2005. Made no sense at all what he said.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:24 pm 
NET Rookie

Graziono discounts us in the power rankings due to GoldenGate. So according to his rankings we are 7-6. A$$hole

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:13 pm 
NET Starter

mikeak wrote:
Missed the Cowherd show but he put us 3rd.......... I like that one better :)

I heard that today. He kept asking who's better and saying they're a complete team.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm 
NET Veteran

Really confused about Florio's comment. What? That makes absolutely no sense.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]