More NFL.com love for Wilson

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
In a post about the entire rookie QB class of 2012, Wilson is 80% of the talk in it. I love it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... Darlington

Also, on the table that shows 4th quarter comebacks to win games, look at Wilson's list of opponents versus Luck's. LOL. Talk about a discrepancy the size of CANHawk's mouth!

NFL.com is definitely giving our boy plenty of props for several weeks, now. He's definitely got a shot at Rookie of the Year. We should let him loose passing the next three weeks.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I think its great that Russ is getting props cus he deserves it but if by chance he doesn't get ROY I'm ok with it. I only care about our team getting that SB Championship. Him winning the big game trumps any and all ROY honors. I would prefer it that way actually. Luck or RGIII sitting at home while our QBOTF hoists the Lombardi. That would be sweet!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Greenhell":1vj8sdmw said:
I think its great that Russ is getting props cus he deserves it but if by chance he doesn't get ROY I'm ok with it. I only care about our team getting that SB Championship. Him winning the big game trumps any and all ROY honors. I would prefer it that way actually. Luck or RGIII sitting at home while our QBOTF hoists the Lombardi. That would be sweet!

Mirer got ROY, so maybe it's better if Wilson doesn't.

Luck's had a fantastic year, no doubt. But other than the GB win, the Colts haven't beat anybody.........and I expect them to get destroyed in the playoffs by whoever they play.

Leading comeback victories over NE, GB and Chicago > Leading comeback victories over Titans, Jags and Bills.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10wg3xiy said:
Greenhell":10wg3xiy said:

Luck's had a fantastic year, no doubt. But other than the GB win, the Colts haven't beat anybody.........and I expect them to get destroyed in the playoffs by whoever they play.

Leading comeback victories over NE, GB and Chicago > Leading comeback victories over Titans, Jags and Bills.
Mirer was the runner up for OROY. Jerome Bettis won that award.

Steve2222

Reaction score
"When the game is on the line, that's when I want the football," Wilson said. "That's when I love to play. That's when you're the most tuned in. I call it laser focus. You've got to have that laser focus when the game is on the line, and that's when I love to play.

"All I ask for is the ball with two minutes left. If I can get that, it's a great situation."

I got chills.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Luck has done a good thing in Indy, but the media talks about the rest of the Colt players like they shouldn't be in the NFL. Yeah they were the worst team in the NFL last year, but they went from Peyton Manning to Curtis Painter who isn't in the NFL anymore I don't think. They never were a good running team and having Curtis Painter as your starting quarterback who was somehow more nervous than Blaine Gabbert will not win any games. The players are mostly the same as the teams during the Peyton years so it's not like they suddenly forgot how to play football last year. Peyton made them into the team they were for the past decade but 'Luck guiding the hapless Colts' is garbage IMO. With a decent QB they are a .500 team last year and with a good QB like Luck they are showing their worth.

Also, they will get blown out in the first round of the playoffs. If they have to have comeback wins over the Jags and Titans, they wont stand a chance with the big dogs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
-The Glove-":24nkas4l said:
Sgt. Largent":24nkas4l said:
Greenhell":24nkas4l said:

According to Mr. Wiki, Mirer was the "AFL-AFC Rookie of the Year" for the 1993 calendar year.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12g8a31j said:
-The Glove-":12g8a31j said:
Sgt. Largent":12g8a31j said:

According to Mr. Wiki, Mirer was the "AFL-AFC Rookie of the Year" for the 1993 calendar year.

Also according to Mr. Wiki, Bettis is the actual AP Offensive Rookie of the Year for 1993.

Of course, there are multiple organizations that bestow awards, including Sports Illustrated, The Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly, etc. Maybe Mirer won one of those nice awards.

(Ah yes, after looking further, it appears that the UPI split its awards by conference. Bettis won the NFC version of that award. And the UPI stopped doing it in 1996, so it's clear that we don't have to worry about Wilson following in Mirer's footsteps.)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":l4geha2w said:
Also according to Mr. Wiki, Bettis is the actual AP Offensive Rookie of the Year for 1993.

Of course, there are multiple organizations that bestow awards, including Sports Illustrated, The Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly, etc. Maybe Mirer won one of those nice awards.

(Ah yes, after looking further, it appears that the UPI split its awards by conference. Bettis won the NFC version of that award. And the UPI stopped doing it in 1996, so it's clear that we don't have to worry about Wilson following in Mirer's footsteps.)

If it's all the same, I'd rather Luck win and Russell lead us deep into the playoffs. But I'm sure this semantics/technicality argument is super exciting for everyone else to read.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Why do so many of you think whether Wilson gets RotY affects his chances at getting a Super Bowl ring his opening year? Christ, people are too superstitious.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10n6x05x said:
volsunghawk":10n6x05x said:

If it's all the same, I'd rather Luck win and Russell lead us deep into the playoffs. But I'm sure this semantics/technicality argument is super exciting for everyone else to read.

Roethlisberger won the OROY award in 2004 and his team went to the AFC Championship Game.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. :|

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3170ieex said:
Roethlisberger won the OROY award in 2004 and his team went to the AFC Championship Game.

But not the Superbowl.....I rest my case!

j/k......I hear ya. I guess I just don't care about awards as much as other people who crave recognition for Seattle team players. Best recognition = win.

Greenhell

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pvnm1zl said:
Why do so many of you think whether Wilson gets RotY affects his chances at getting a Super Bowl ring his opening year? Christ, people are too superstitious.

Not my thinking, but if I had to choose I'd rather him take us to the Superbowl over winning ROY. But hey, if both happens I'll be crapping gold bricks and crying like a little girl for a week on top of being drunk for at least 2-3 days after.

Screwed, blued and tattooed is where I'd want to be if we won the SB this year with DangeRuss.

kearly

Reaction score
Some fool popped up in the comments essentially comparing Wilson to Sanchez and saying he's over-rated because of how good his supporting cast is. I really loved one of the responses to that:

"And the Patriots went 11-5 without Brady. I guess that means he's just some nobody riding their coat tails. Get real. The Seahawks are winning because of Wilson, not despite him."

Owned.

Hawk-A-Loogie":3al6jv8p said:
Luck or RG3 can get the ROY award.

While Wilson can take the Superbowl title.

As long as RG3 gets it I'd be cool with it. If Luck gets it then the Colts are the new Steelers. I'm already rooting against Indy in every game, and I don't even hate them yet.