Baby Willis vs Big Willis

ProckHawks

Reaction score
I know stats don't always tell the truth. I've seen both players play alot this season and looking at both of their stats. Bobby Wagner is out performing Patrick Willis this year.

2012 stats:

Wagner

Tackles 109

Sacks 2

INTS 3

FF 0

Willis

Tackles 99

Sacks 0

INTS 1

FF 2

Willis rookie stats

Tackles 174

Sacks 4

INTS 0

FF 2

Wagner is projected at this point to have at seasons end.

Tackles 142

Sacks 4

INTS 4

FF 1

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Would like to drop the Baby Willis stuff, honestly. Dude will make his own name.

But yeah....hell of a good player.

OP
OP
P

ProckHawks

Reaction score
lol I'm not a huge fan of the "Baby Willis" name either. Remember tho, Willis was compared to Ray Lewis for his first couple years in the NFL. I ever heard the names "Baby Lewis" "Lil Ray Ray" and "A Young Ray Lewis." From one Hall of Fame play to another. It's not bad by anymeans to be called a younger version of a Hall a Fame player like Willis.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ProckHawks":gpe5xr52 said:
lol I'm not a huge fan of the "Baby Willis" name either. Remember tho, Willis was compared to Ray Lewis for his first couple years in the NFL. I ever heard the names "Baby Lewis" "Lil Ray Ray" and "A Young Ray Lewis." From one Hall of Fame play to another. It's not bad by anymeans to be called a younger version of a Hall a Fame player like Willis.

Yeah, understood. However I don't think I'd call Willis a HOFer just yet. He's got to have a high, high level for 10+ years. Being good is one thing, longevity in the NFL is completely different. Body wears down.

Yeah, I get your point though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":22ytucrr said:
What about Bowmans stats? What are they looking like?

Mildly sunny with a chance of rainbows.

116 tackles, (good number) 2.0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 1 interception. Considering how dominant their D-line is, I'd expect more of the non-tackle stats, since he's allowed to run wild a lot of the time. *shrug*

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, I was gonna say, Bowman is so good, he's probably taking stats from Willis. We also run 3 LBers and they run 4.....so that's more people to split stuff up....like sacks. Aldon Smith is gonna get more of those than either Bowman or Willis, and it scews them down.

Wagner is good, but not as good as Willis yet. Find me some numbers on passes defensed. WIllis is better in coverge, and is more run gap disciplined at this point, but I'm loving Wagner's progression.

Also, the 174 tackle numbers.....there was some controversy as to how tackles were being assigned to Willis at one point if I remember right.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Just to piss off Niner fans, I'll refer to Willis as Lil Ray Ray from now on.