Pete wasn't kidding...

skater18000

Reaction score
When he said "in our model, we have a plan to bring a championship contending team to Seattle by year 4"

The greatest thing its only year 3 :0190l: :179422: :th2thumbs: :pukeface: :49ersmall: :0190l:

Aristotle22

Reaction score
This is fun to watch. It would be a shame f we did it one year early

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Aristotle22":2rdavcnc said:

Big shame, funny how when Pete has his big ideas when you go and out do his optimism. What a shame!!!! :sarcasm_on:

Btw go hawks :pukeface: :49ersmall: :0190l:

rideaducati

Reaction score
The way Pete talks about the team, even he is surprised at what John Schneider has been able to do with the roster in such a short time. I am very impressed with this new regime and how well they work together.

tubbs51

Reaction score
Riddle me this, how many NFL Head Coaches can rebuild a team is as short of time as Pete and John?

Pretty amazing. The typical rebuild takes around 10 years, its year 3 for us and we are a playoff caliber team with a possiblity of reach the big game in New Orleans.

how freakin' awesome would it be if we won a (second) SB this year?

In Russell, Pete, and John I trust!

hawksfan515

Reaction score
tubbs51":3gxdi5ij said:
Riddle me this, how many NFL Head Coaches can rebuild a team is as short of time as Pete and John?

Pretty amazing. The typical rebuild takes around 10 years, its year 3 for us and we are a playoff caliber team with a possiblity of reach the big game in New Orleans.

how freakin' awesome would it be if we won a (second) SB this year?

In Russell, Pete, and John I trust!

10 years? lol

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rebuilds don't take 10 years lol, yikes!!!!

What pete said wasn't any diffferent than most new regimes when they take over, 3-4 years for a total rebuild. Granted IMO what they have done is nothing short of amazing with how many Pro-bowl and almost pro-bowl caliber guys they've found throughout the draft and combing the streets.

I think the only thing different about this regime that they actually meant was that they'd build through the draft and let the depth determine starters rather than spend a fortune on a rental player who in a year or two's time will be useless. What we did before didn't work, we were paying players for what they did, and not making a wise investment on what they would do. This model they have now is almost like what they do in Pittsburgh, pay the guys that deserve it and can help you in the future, the days of holding onto a player well past their prime is over.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Always compete! Pete's competing with his projection, trying to outdo himself.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Did we give Schneider a promotion?

I saw on .com that he is the Executive Vice President/GM. I thought he was only hired to be the GM? Did we give him a promotion in his title so that he won't be poached by other teams? Or was he always the Executive VP?

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Very very pleased with the organization. To think not that long ago we were dealing with Ruskell and Mora.. (shudder)..

I love Pete but John needs major props too.. Promote him for sure. We now have our QBOTF.. And loaded with young talent with sky high potential.

Bo Duke and Slippery Pete have my full confidence.. :cool:

hawker84

Reaction score
skater18000":n0erdkrt said:
Aristotle22":n0erdkrt said:

Big shame, funny how when Pete has his big ideas when you go and out do his optimism. What a shame!!!! :sarcasm_on:

HUH????? :hmmmm:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The team is a year ahead of schedule because Russ is developing much faster than even they anticipated. I don't think Pete and John even thought they would get their QB by now considering they signed Flynn. He was meant to be a bridge QB IMO.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
hawker84":3i4czmib said:
skater18000":3i4czmib said:
Aristotle22":3i4czmib said:

HUH????? :hmmmm:

It was a joke...

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Skater, I thought you were talking about it was a shame we didnt bring in Pete and JS the year Mora was HC, instead of the year after.

Sign37now

Reaction score
RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3... Back to reality guys. It's all about RG3. Jesus, aren't you watching TV? Who cares if the Seahawks win a Superbowl? Look how cool RG3 is..........

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sign37now":36xd5v8y said:
RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3... Back to reality guys. It's all about RG3. Jesus, aren't you watching TV? Who cares if the Seahawks win a Superbowl? Look how cool RG3 is..........
And don't forget THE COWBOYS!! THE COWBOYS ARE STILL IN CONTENTION FOR A PLAYOFF BERTH!! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Throwdown":3lme7qp0 said:
Rebuilds don't take 10 years lol, yikes!!!!

What pete said wasn't any diffferent than most new regimes when they take over, 3-4 years for a total rebuild. Granted IMO what they have done is nothing short of amazing with how many Pro-bowl and almost pro-bowl caliber guys they've found throughout the draft and combing the streets.

I think the only thing different about this regime that they actually meant was that they'd build through the draft and let the depth determine starters rather than spend a fortune on a rental player who in a year or two's time will be useless. What we did before didn't work, we were paying players for what they did, and not making a wise investment on what they would do. This model they have now is almost like what they do in Pittsburgh, pay the guys that deserve it and can help you in the future, the days of holding onto a player well past their prime is over.

Tell that to the Raiders.

Latest posts