How great would a QB controversy be if NE spanks Kap?

rjdriver

Reaction score
I mean really spanks him and he has a horrible game for whatever reason. Remember, this will be his fourth game. Belicheck now has a body of work from which to draw from and scrutinize. No one else has had this. Hate him or love him, Bill is a master ananlizer and will come in more prepared to counteract and contain Kap than another coach whom has faced him previously. I anticipate a solid intelligent game plan from the Pats. If this happens , and Kap has a multi turnover game, will there be tide swinging back to smith?

I kind of hope so, that's the last thing anyone needs going into a big divisional deciding game, and we may have it. I guess you could argue that whoever plays will have more at stake, and is likely to play harder, but I'm kind of reaching with that one.

What do you guys think? QB Controversy possible or is Harbaugh sticking with Kap regardless of what he does in NE?

sturg78

Reaction score
I think Harbaugh is going to stick with Kap from here on out. Future and all. I don't think New England will be able to stop the run and Kap will have a game manager type day. The game depends on New England's offense and 9ers defense.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Judging by what the Pats did to Houston tonight, the Whiners are sure gonna have their hands full, to say the least.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think the game will be a slugfest physically, I think the Pats defense plays a lot of head games with Kaep, as it seems every year the Pats are once again feilding a secondary of who are theys right now. The 49ers better hope they have 6 number ones on their roster that can take advantage of it. Pats are in the heart of their typical ascension going into the playoff hunt. I watched them handle the Texans tonight seemingly all to easy. I can only hope that same Pats team throws the same welcome mat out for Jim Harbaugh and his 49ers.

dunceface

Reaction score
And the Pats D is really playing better these days...I hope they deKAPitate him!

jhball

Reaction score
Ive been saying that for weeks. I cant wait for harbaugh to regret that choice.
The pats will crush sf by 14 at least, and we will probly only win 42-3 the next week. C'mon, russ in a division clinching game?!! At home to boot. It is damn near guaranteed.
(Fyi, 42-3 is simply an exaggeration. Most likely a 24-17 game)

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Looking forward to our game with San Fran. It seems like Kap will finish their season. Hopefully it will end with a loss in the wild card round because we will have a week one bye

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, since we beat the Pats in week 6, they haven't lost. Maybe Brady is super pissed that he got beat by a rookie wunderkind. Either way, their game against the Whiners will be the only time I root for the Pats.

Greenhell

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2kdrhhl4 said:
Interestingly enough, since we beat the Pats in week 6, they haven't lost. Maybe Brady is super pissed that he got beat by a rookie wunderkind. Either way, their game against the Whiners will be the only time I root for the Pats.

Go Pats this Sunday and into the playoffs if they play Denver.

mikeak

Reaction score
I would rather see us play Kap than Alex Smith. Kap will take the shots downfield that we can turn into turnovers and Alex Smith will do the dinky short plays that so far has been killing us.

To me best case scenario is that SF goes in and plays NE very close but loose on a late FG. We get the loss that is needed and we also get to play Kap.

A blowout with bad throws by Kap and I am convinced Alex Smith comes back in

hawker84

Reaction score
kap's the man from here on out., i don't expect to see smith on the roster next year...

from what i saw last night, Pat's are playoff ready, and niners better bring their A game on both sides of the ball.. and you can forget about turning the ball over even once, for that will spell uncertain doom, they need to keep brady off the field as much as possible because he will light them up like a new years eve time square... good luck whiners, better bring some hand warmers.. heh heh...

mikeak

Reaction score
Flynn would have started for the Seahawks with any other coach in the league outside of PC

Smith would be the starter for SF with any other coach but once switched Kap would be locked in with any other coach except Harbaugh.

He will do what is best for the team. Kap has not put up the numbers that should be expected in the last two games and if he makes a lot of mistakes in the NE game and Harbaugh thinks Alex gives them the better chance to win he will swap in a heartbeat.

Disp

Reaction score
There's about a 1% chance the 49ers go back to Smith, and that may be generous. Kaep has made some young quarterback mistakes and needs more experience, but he's playing well. All these tough games will do is give him that pressure and experience he needs for his development.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is my dream scenario. Kaepernick throws three picks, Pats blow out the niners...............then the 49'ers implode down the stretch under the weight of their own coach's ego driven QB created controversy.

mikeak

Reaction score
I just don't agree because this is a 49ers team that can win it all. If Kap doesn't give you the best chance in the playoffs then I am sure he will get pulled. Right now they can afford a loss here or there so it makes sense to think longterm. At the point where you win or go home I think they will pick the the best qb for the day.

That is why harbaugh has said he goes with the "hot hands" this allows him to switch back something along the lines of "the matchup was better with Alex Smith"........

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mikeak":28ibpx0b said:
Right now they can afford a loss here or there

Huh? No they can't, not if their goal is to win the division. 49ers @ Patriots is a critical game for them. If they lose it, there's a good chance they lose the division.

Disp

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jsgilw1 said:
mikeak":2jsgilw1 said:
Right now they can afford a loss here or there

Huh? No they can't, not if their goal is to win the division. 49ers @ Patriots is a critical game for them. If they lose it, there's a good chance they lose the division.

Home field is nice, but the 49ers have a very good road record the past 2 years.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Disp":16620m3u said:
Home field is nice, but the 49ers have a very good road record the past 2 years.

You're also playing the Seahawks, who finally have a quarterback (and that is now allowed to pass, unlike at your stadium) at our house. You don't seriously expect an automatic win for Christmas @ the CLink, do you? Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting an automatic win over you guys, but I'd give us a 70% chance of winning as it stands right now.

Disp

Reaction score
No idea how you inferred that I expect an automatic win against the Seahawks. What I'm saying is if the Niners don't get the #2 seed and a bye then the difference between winning the division or getting a wild card isn't that much. Home field is nice, but they don't struggle on the road.

So even if Kaep struggles a bit they probably won't make a QB change, because he's getting experience that he needs.