One that got away

seabowl

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone saw what Michael Bennett was doing this year. 34 tackles and 9 sacks. I know some of us including myself hated to see him released a few years back but can't help but think how good he would look on our D right now. A young D end that not only gets to the QB but also makes tackles is hard to come by.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I was pissed that he was cut cus he was killin it in preseason. He's gonna be a FA believe but will be expecting a lot of loot.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Had to make room for both Coutu and Mare. Ruskell!! :34853_doh:

kearly

Reaction score
Doesn't Bennett play mostly at DE these days? Still, he's a heck of a player, and those with a brain attached to our eyeballs knew that when he was part of our roster. I'm absolutely not surprised that both Bennett and Babin went on to have the careers they did after cutting cut by TR.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Remembering those days makes me appreciate the new front office staff even more than I already did. I don't miss ANYONE from that regime.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Bennett would be a star now had he been kept on the roster.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Fortunately Greg Scruggs had a very similar rookie preseason and is of the similar build/skill set. Hopefully he can make up for that poor decision by the prior fo.

Rat

Reaction score
kearly":gzu75gly said:
Doesn't Bennett play mostly at DE these days? Still, he's a heck of a player, and those with a brain attached to our eyeballs knew that when he was part of our roster. I'm absolutely not surprised that both Bennett and Babin went on to have the careers they did after cutting cut by TR.
I think it's a bit of a stretch to blame Ruskell for the Babin mess. Ruskell acquired him in a trade without giving up anything of value (Michael Boulware), and then Holmgren wouldn't play him. I don't believe Babin was even cut, I thought he left via free agency, but I could be wrong on that point.