Another little reason to love Wilson...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Another little reason to love Wilson...
Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:34 pm
  • Has anybody else noticed this? It seems every time Russ is interviewed after a game or whatever, the last thing he always barks as he walks away from the interviewer is "GO HAWKS!" I know it's just a stupid little thing, but name another Seahawks player that does that, or has done that... It just speaks volumes to me that the Seahawks are HIS team, and he is on board and proud to be here. God I love this kid... SO much. I hope he spends his entire career here.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Most of us are already aware of this but I still approve this post by you

Go hawks!
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• You dont say!?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:

Damnit! :lol:

Still cool though...
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• BlueThunder wrote:Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:

Yes. :D
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Here's another reason to love him...every week he's at the Seattle Children's hospital.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• BlueThunder wrote:Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:

Damnit! :lol:

Still cool though...

Yes, week 3 of the preseason. No joke.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• Chiming in to get a word against Blue before he begs a mod to delete the thread to save his perceived image.

JUST KIDDING. :lol:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Yep, been doing it since he was drafted and became know during pre-season interviews. But I'm sure you are not the only one.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Kids the Real Deal!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• It was probably a week after a loss. I tend to disappear after losses to ward off the negative vibes. And Roland... Oh, never mind! :tomato: <--- Roland
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• BlueThunder wrote:It was probably a week after a loss. I tend to disappear after losses to ward off the negative vibes. And Roland... Oh, never mind! :tomato:

It was right after the KC preseason game, when everyone was anointing Wilson the savior of the franchise.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• HawksFTW wrote:It was right after the KC preseason game, when everyone was anointing Wilson the savior of the franchise.

Ah, that explains it. I was still stupidly on the Flynn bandwagon. Probably just ignored all the Wilson threads... :D

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• -The Glove- wrote:Here's another reason to love him...every week he's at the Seattle Children's hospital.

Here's a brief video of a visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskzPpvr3e4
    Mandu
    NET Starter

• RW is awesome. I like the fact he doesn't drone on and on about his "faith". He mentions he believes in his faith and leaves it at that without going into a Tebowesque evangelistic rant about religion. Not a fan of the in your face religious types in sports and RW is not one of those.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:RW is awesome. I like the fact he doesn't drone on and on about his "faith". He mentions he believes in his faith and leaves it at that without going into a Tebowesque evangelistic rant about religion. Not a fan of the in your face religious types in sports and RW is not one of those.

I could do with less bible verses on his Twitter account, but it's not a huge deal. What I like far more about this is his lack of thanking God for all his fortune in every video interview. That makes me want to :pukeface:

Back to the topic at hand, every time he ends an interview with "Go Hawks!", my bromance belt notches itself one hole tighter. I do believe that belt wouldn't fit around an anorexic chick's pinky finger right now.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Mandu wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Here's another reason to love him...every week he's at the Seattle Children's hospital.

Here's a brief video of a visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskzPpvr3e4

My friend works there and is a big Hawks fan. Unfortunately he's in a building that RW doesn't frequent and his colleagues always rub it in his face that they met RW.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• BlueThunder wrote:Has anybody else noticed this? It seems every time Russ is interviewed after a game or whatever, the last thing he always barks as he walks away from the interviewer is "GO HAWKS!" I know it's just a stupid little thing, but name another Seahawks player that does that, or has done that... It just speaks volumes to me that the Seahawks are HIS team, and he is on board and proud to be here. God I love this kid... SO much. I hope he spends his entire career here.

this post is creepy.

gotta be honest, it's the item that bothers me actually , his interviewing. so Richie Cunningham. and with robotic head turns while talking. thank god it doesn't matter.

I'm sorry, just can't bs this one.
    Last edited by hawkfan1975 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan1975 wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Has anybody else noticed this? It seems every time Russ is interviewed after a game or whatever, the last thing he always barks as he walks away from the interviewer is "GO HAWKS!" I know it's just a stupid little thing, but name another Seahawks player that does that, or has done that... It just speaks volumes to me that the Seahawks are HIS team, and he is on board and proud to be here. God I love this kid... SO much. I hope he spends his entire career here.

this post is creepy.

No it isn't.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• again, it doesn't matter (interviewing). just keep up the gameplay.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• I now end every conversation, personal and professional, with...Go Hawks!

I challenge each one of you to do the same.
    Last edited by rjdriver on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• rjdriver wrote:I know end every conversation, personal and professional, with...Go Hawks!

I challenge each one of you to do the same.

Where's YOUR.... Go Hawks!!

Jeesh, walk the talk, dude.

GO HAWKS!!
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Actually it does matter. It shows that he is buying in to the Franchise just like a fan does, imo.

Also, as far as the visits to the Children's Hospital, that seriously chokes me up. My wife is a pediatric nurse here in Portland, and I've probably mentioned it before. I attended a funeral for a little girl that had finally succumbed to cancer. I honestly barely made it through. I told her I can't go back to something like that. She tells me stories all the time about what goes on there.

It is cool that it's something that he has prioritized. What a way to stay grounded and be a hero for these kids. So many athletes run from being a role model and he embraces it. He sets a high standard and it appears that he lives up to it. I also love the fact that this is the first I have heard of the visits to the Children Hospital.

I'm going to buy my son (maybe both) a Russell Wilson jersey (they both are big fans at 2 and 5). Fact is, my oldest son told me the other day that he wants a Russell Wilson Jersey and Russell Wilson Helmet. I asked him what he would rather have a Wilson Jersey or a Wii Game (which he has been hounding me for). He says, "I don't know, I can't decide, uh, maybe (with a spreading Cheshire cat grin), uh, both!!"

Also love that he is a man of faith. So, yes, Go Hawks!!
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan1975 wrote:gotta be honest, it's the item that bothers me actually , his interviewing. so Richie Cunningham. and with robotic head turns while talking. thank god it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, just can't bs this one.

Hmmm... This out-creeps my non-creepyness... Guess I'll stop there.

And with that, an impromptu death-metal guitar solo... :thRocks:
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• I want to adopt Russell Wilson. "Yep, that's my son Russell. He's doin BIG things up in Seattle that boy of mine. He makes me and his momma proud." :)
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Go Bluethunder!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Starrman44 wrote:Actually it does matter. It shows that he is buying in to the Franchise just like a fan does, imo.

Also, as far as the visits to the Children's Hospital, that seriously chokes me up. My wife is a pediatric nurse here in Portland, and I've probably mentioned it before. I attended a funeral for a little girl that had finally succumbed to cancer. I honestly barely made it through. I told her I can't go back to something like that. She tells me stories all the time about what goes on there.

It is cool that it's something that he has prioritized. What a way to stay grounded and be a hero for these kids. So many athletes run from being a role model and he embraces it. He sets a high standard and it appears that he lives up to it. I also love the fact that this is the first I have heard of the visits to the Children Hospital.

I'm going to buy my son (maybe both) a Russell Wilson jersey (they both are big fans at 2 and 5). Fact is, my oldest son told me the other day that he wants a Russell Wilson Jersey and Russell Wilson Helmet. I asked him what he would rather have a Wilson Jersey or a Wii Game (which he has been hounding me for). He says, "I don't know, I can't decide, uh, maybe (with a spreading Cheshire cat grin), uh, both!!"

About the Children's Hospital visits. I hear ya, man. One reason why I could never work in the health field closely is because stuff like that touches me too much. I've never heard of the visits, so obviously its not a PR move like you see a lot (not that its a bad thing since they're still in the end contributing to a good cause.) Like I said, I only heard of it cuz a friend works there and hears of the visits from coworkers all the time.

Tim Ruskell would love this guy!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• BlueThunder wrote:
    hawkfan1975 wrote:gotta be honest, it's the item that bothers me actually , his interviewing. so Richie Cunningham. and with robotic head turns while talking. thank god it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, just can't bs this one.

Hmmm... This out-creeps my non-creepyness... Guess I'll stop there.

And with that, an impromptu death-metal guitar solo... :thRocks:

No, our qb is fantastic. I don't know, just not a fan of the interviewing yet.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• I ♥ Russell Wilson.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Wilson is a dream come true for this team. We could not have asked for a better QB. He will go down as one of the greats. Especially aftera ll these buster ass Steelers/Cowboys Commentators retire!
    harmonized1
    NET Bench Warmer

• Zebulon Dak wrote:I ♥ Russell Wilson.

He's mine. Get your filthy hands off of him.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I ♥ Russell Wilson.

He really likes to spread the ball around so we should be ok.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I ♥ Russell Wilson.

He really likes to spread the ball around so we should be ok.

Fine; but you're always second, ok?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Stand down. He's got his career he needs to focus on right now. His muse is the Seattle Seahawks and winning a championship not fiddling around with .Net whores.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• On the intros to the Niners game, I hope RW says that his school is NC Consin, BadgerPacks, or "Wisconsin via NC State", or something diplomatic. He graduated from my Alma Mater, NC State, and participated in Senior Day, then we didn't take him back for his last year of eligibility after he missed spring practice with baseball and he transferred to Wisconsin to light it up. I'm curious how he handles the intros since he's the ultimate politician and tries to make everyone happy.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

• Yeah, his random interviews with talking heads are usually as bland as possible. He never gives away anything, gives the opponents anything to work with, etc. They're completely uninteresting and cliche. His more in-depth interviews tend to be a little more interesting, but it's clear that he's worked on his on-air persona. He's got a role to play, and he knows it. He's not going to be one of the colorful characters of the NFL. He's going to be the professional. Think about guys like Manning, for example. Manning's been in the league 15 years and you could probably count the interesting things he's said in post-game comments on one hand.

So, basically, I see Wilson's interviews as pretty much boilerplate. He gives the "NFL franchise QB" soundbytes, with a little custom "Go Hawks" thrown in at the end for the fans. And that's perfectly fine. I don't want him creating a media circus with his interviews. I don't want him giving other teams bulletin board material. I just want him to make plays and continue to show improvement during his time in Seattle.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• KitsapHawk wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:

Yes. :D

He's a class act. The Seahawks, and the city of Seattle are lucky to have him.
    RussWILSON3
    NET Practice Squad

• I think he'll loosen up in time and be a little less robotic in his interviews as he gets a little more seasoned. I doubt he'll ever be Matt Hass with the jokey jokey stuff, but I think he'll get to a point where he's maybe like Brady; real with the occasional quip, but not too terribly open. I can live with that. We have Sherman if we need a sound bite.

Go hawks.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Starrman44 wrote:Actually it does matter. It shows that he is buying in to the Franchise just like a fan does, imo.

Cheaper to get them a Wilson football :D and they won't grow out of it!
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:I think he'll loosen up in time and be a little less robotic in his interviews as he gets a little more seasoned. I doubt he'll ever be Matt Hass with the jokey jokey stuff, but I think he'll get to a point where he's maybe like Brady; real with the occasional quip, but not too terribly open. I can live with that. We have Sherman if we need a sound bite.

Go hawks.

I can live with him being like Bellicheck or a mute as long as he keeps getting better and winning football games. It is fun when players say things that you can quote like jets players - yeah my kids names are hmmm hmmmm ooops

but I really couldn't care less how they are for interviews. I care what they do on the field. If they do good things off the field then great they are good people and i will like them more but if they are good or bad in an interview setting - don't care......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• In the Mooch interview, when Mooch asked for a play call for a touchdown pass, and Wilson said no, I can't give away a play call, it was instant. mooch was stroking the vanity to get a little good TV, and Wilson said nope.

The little guy does talk in cliches, but the best part? He actually believes that stuff. He might have more positivity than Pete.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• His coming was foretold by the holy scriptures of the NFL Football....

I suppose I'm late to that one too huh?

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• BlueThunder wrote:His coming was foretold by the holy scriptures of the NFL Football.... "Wilson"

I suppose I'm late to that one too huh?

lol I heard someone mention it earlier, sorry Blue.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Damnit! lol

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• It took me a while to believe he was going to be the real deal but his attitude from day one had me sold on him as a person. He says all the right things, is the coolest customer EVER and just obviously works hard. The guy beat out Matt Flynn who didn't do anything wrong and actually looked like a great upgrade over TJack. That didn't just happen by being a nice guy.

Wilson is the man, he is the real deal and he is a proud Hawk. How could anyone not like the guy?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Speaking of Manning quotes, that "Liquoured up kicker" line was a classic. But yes, Wilson is a measured interview. Comes with the job. Definitely don't want him claiming the Seahawks are the Dream Team.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• loafoftatupu wrote:Wilson is the man, he is the real deal and he is a proud Hawk. How could anyone not like the guy?

Because Wilson is the worst QB the Seahawks have ever had, and I'm old enough to have seen them all!
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Seriously, this guy's 100% awesome. He barely seems like a real person. The cynic in me expects a news reports any day now uncovering a thousand corpses in his basement.
    LusciousJames
    NET Practice Squad

• LusciousJames wrote:Seriously, this guy's 100% awesome. He barely seems like a real person. The cynic in me expects a news reports any day now uncovering a thousand corpses in his basement.

Even then, I think Zeb or Roland would claim responsibility so that RW could keep playing.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information