Dream playoff scenario...it could happen.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
So, I think it's still possible since the Cowboys won.

If the Cowboys make the playoffs in the #4 seed (winning their division) and the Packers take the #3 seed, winning their division. We take the #2 seed, winning our division, Atlanta maintains the #1 seed.

This leaves the Packers / Cowboys up against the 49ers and Bears most likely.

After the wild card round, if the Packers and Cowboys win their respective matchups, the Packers head to Seattle for a rematch. If the Cowboys win and advance to Atlanta and manage to come away with an upset, the Cowboys come to Seattle for the NFCCG.

This would be my ultimate matchup for the playoffs, culminating in a neutral-field rematch with the Patriots so we can relive our greatest victories of the season on the way to our first* Superbowl victory.

*second

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we only got one step closer to the #2 seed when the Bears lost yesterday. They now need to beat GB next week, while the Patriots beat the 49ers.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You know.. the way we're playing, right now I'd almost rather NOT have the bye. Don't get me wrong I want the NFC West crown, but I kind of would prefer to be the 3 seed at this point.

Seeker

Reaction score
Honestly, i don't even care how we get in anymore. If we play our game and execute WE WILL MURDER EVERY OTHER TEAM ON THEIR FIELD.

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
#2 seed is our best shot at a NFCCG at home. Assuming the Packers take the #2 seed, and we're #3 we'll end up traveling to Lambeau after winning the wild card round at home, possibly returning home for the NFCCG (assuming we beat the Packers in Green Bay) if the Falcons lose to the #4/#5 seed matchup (very possible).

sturg78

Reaction score
I will take the #2 and a bye. We didn't play well in the last post bye but we also traveled across the country for an early 10 am game. We are special at home. My only problem with this scenario is there is no way that A) the Cowboys make it (personal prediction, I know there is a way), and B) even if the cowboys make it it would be based on their silly easy schedule and not because they are a good team, that is not the kind of team that would beat Atlanta.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Fun tool

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

There are a variety of ways we end up the #2 seed but the main thrust is we probably need to win out, and SF needs to lose an additional game, which gets us a divisional crown and makes us eligible for #1 through #4 and a home game to start the playoffs.

(Essentially SF is two games ahead of us, with three to play, but we play each other. I suppose we could win vs SF and one other, and SF could lose out, but that seems unlikely as a way to win the West.)

As an example, if Chicago ended up taking the North, and we were tied with them, and we were West champions, we'd win that tiebreaker based on head to head.

Other thoughts: No way the Cowboys are the #4. Either the Giants or Redskins will win that division, and everyone else in the East is probably out of the playoffs entirely.

I could see us as the 2 seed but don't see it terribly likely, too many things have to go right. I do see us as the 5 seed going to the 4 and winning on the road, given how weak the East is, and if we got to go to Atlanta in the next round, I like our chances there, too.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I want the seedings and games to go like this:

1. Atlanta
2. Seattle
3. Green Bay
4. Who cares
5. whiners
6. Who cares

I would then like to see Green Bay and the whiners win their wildcard round games. That would have Green Bay going to Seattle for the divisional round game and the whiners going to Atlanta. Both Seattle and the whiners win and the NFC Championship game is in Seattle.

sturg78

Reaction score
So if we lose to 9ers, are we still in control of our playoffs?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Win the next three , 49ers lose at patriots . We take the 2 seed . and thats all we need. imagine if the road to the superbowl had to go through seattle ??

Atlanta will get the 1 , but untill matty ice wins a playoff game that will always be a question.

Rat

Reaction score
The Falcons are overrated and won't scare anyone in the playoffs. Being the #2 is more or less the same thing as being the #1.

Lithium

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":26en1j1q said:
Win the next three , 49ers lose at patriots . We take the 2 seed . and thats all we need. imagine if the road to the superbowl had to go through seattle ??

Atlanta will get the 1 , but untill matty ice wins a playoff game that will always be a question.

thats not all we'll need, GB has to lose a game, and i think the giants too

Cartire

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1ztq8et1 said:
Yeah what is the difference between #1 seed and #2 seed?

Home field advantage for the NFCCG if both those teams make it.