Crazy Playoff Scenario

sam1313

Reaction score
OK, so I just read this on NFL Forum, and it sounds wild to me. I'm too dumb to verify whether it is accurate or not though so if someone else can, hats off!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... c&start=45

"paul-mac wrote:
I have them [Seahawks] winning out, SF losing to the Pats, so Seattle gets the division

GB and CHI both finish 11-5 but GB wins the tiebreak

East is won by a 10-6 team.

Hence, Seattle takes the bye because of the interceptdown.

Just for giggles... the above scenario plus Atlanta losing out... Seattle's actually the #1 seed.

As a note regarding the above 'for giggles' scenario - Seattle would go into their final game of the year, at home, versus the Rams with literally everything on the line:

Win... take the #1 seed (win the tie breaks over GB [yeah, the MNF game], Chi [head to head] and Atl [conference record]).

Lose... out of the playoffs (would lose the division to the 10-5-1 49ers and would be 10-6 losing the conference record tie-break to either the Giants or the Redskins for the final playoff spot).

Gotta love the NFL come playoff time"

12evanf

Reaction score
Rams are undefeated against NFC West foes. I'm not looking past Buffalo but we have 3 tough games ahead of us, each one a brawl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12evanf":10feric3 said:
Rams are undefeated against NFC West foes. I'm not looking past Buffalo but we have 3 tough games ahead of us, each one a brawl.

Hopefully the Rams will be dead and buried by week 17, so that they can lay down nice and proper.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3s70gaj0 said:
12evanf":3s70gaj0 said:

Hopefully the Rams will be dead and buried by week 17, so that they can lay down nice and proper.
Not in Jeff Fisher's DNA.

Unfortunately, Fisher would likely look at it like it's game 1 of the 2013 season.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1eytkkcj said:
12evanf":1eytkkcj said:

One way or another Fisher will have them amped up to play spoiler. But it would take the Hawks dropping the biggest dump in Seattle ever for them to lose that game if everything is on the line.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Sando tried to tweet this very same scenario. Don't tell me the Rams wouldn't come here sky high if this scenario plays out. They probably are still smarting over the loss here in 2010 in the last game of the season for the Division and playoffs on the line. I am just doubting that the Bears can hold it together after the loss to the Vikings and Cutler being slightly dinged.

sturg78

Reaction score
Grade 1 sprains are generally played on. Just hope this isn't a Dennis Dixon scenario where a desperate in the hunt team plays their QB with a minor knee strain and causes a complete blow out and shortened career.

DericLee

Reaction score
I feel this season.

To many things to make me believe.

I think things will work out just right.

I think we are going to skyrocket in regards to exposure.

I think the fans on a national level, seeing more of us, our success, will buy into the Cinderella story.

The magic feels thick in the air to me, and it feels good mad, it feels good.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
It is true that tiebreakers are used within a division to determine who is the division champion, first, before any other tiebreaking procedures.

It is therefore correct that we could end up #2 fairly easily, if we take the West and have the same record as either GB or Chicago, we have head to head wins against both of those North teams... It's pretty likely Atlanta is the #1 and very likely the East winner has a worse record than anyone else, so rather unlikely there is a multi way tie in the #1 through #4, much more likely that #2 and #3 are tied.