Some new raw stats after the Cardinals game

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Scoring Defense - 15.5 pts/gm - #2 in the league behind only San Fran
Passing Defense - 196 yds/gm - Tied for #3 in the league with the Jets
Defense Interception - 14 - Tied for #10 in the league
Defensive Sacks - 32 - Tied for #10 in the league (with the 49ers)
Defensive Passing TD's - #1 in the league only giving up 12 on the season
Rushing Defense - 105.4 - #10 in the league
Defensive Rushing TD's - #6 in the league tied with Eagles and Giants
Defensive Forced Fumbles - Tied for #7 in the league
Turnover Ratio - #5 in the league at +8

I was pleasantly surprised with our Passing Defense being rated so high, with everyone complaining so much about it earlier in the season.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Defense
#3 in NFL, yards/game
#2 in NFL, pts/game

Amazing.

Remember years ago when we'd dream of having a Top 10 defense?

formido

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":6mitghtz said:
Wins - 8 Tied for #9 in the league

I actually don't quite get your point. Are you not aware that it's long since been proven that other stats besides won/loss record are far better predictors of future success? Research shows that won/loss record is affected to a very significant degree by chance because of the small sample of games during the course of the season. For an obvious example this year, Russell Wilson had two QBR scores in the top 40 this year year where Seattle still lost the game. This almost never happens, but sometimes it does, due to bad luck.

Or are you saying that despite clear evidence that the Seahawks are very, very good, the accident of the variance in our current won/loss record will cause us to miss an opportunity at the championship? This doesn't seem right either. Football Outsiders had our chances of making the playoffs at like 78%, I think, before this last win. It should be even higher now.

The Radish

Reaction score
formido":3n8kng6f said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3n8kng6f said:
Wins - 8 Tied for #9 in the league

I actually don't quite get your point. Are you not aware that it's long since been proven that other stats besides won/loss record are far better predictors of future success? Research shows that won/loss record is affected to a very significant degree by chance because of the small sample of games during the course of the season. For an obvious example this year, Russell Wilson had two QBR scores in the top 40 this year year where Seattle still lost the game. This almost never happens, but sometimes it does, due to bad luck.

Or are you saying that despite clear evidence that the Seahawks are very, very good, the accident of the variance in our current won/loss record will cause us to miss an opportunity at the championship? This doesn't seem right either. Football Outsiders had our chances of making the playoffs at like 78%, I think, before this last win. It should be even higher now.

I think the point was all the stats were listed but the one that keeps us in the hunt.

Prior to fantasy football most of that stuff would have been ignored if even visible.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The point of the original post was to show where we stand in raw stats. No more no less. Not trying to prove some formula shows us we are better than the raw stats say. Some of them surprised me a little, so I thought I'd share them. And, I disagree with Les, prior to Fantasy, ALL those stats were discussed and considered valuable. Frankly, none of those have anything to do with Fantasy Football.

sturg78

Reaction score
Nasty nasty D. Yesterday was an example (against a terrible team) of what happens when all 3 facets of our team plays well. 1st it was the D being stellar, then the O stepped up and the D had a few let downs, now (yesterday) we had everyone playing to their ability and we may have "broken the cardinal franchise", as someone said yesterday.

Twisted

Reaction score
sturg78":3tyho7ze said:
Nasty nasty D. Yesterday was an example (against a terrible team) of what happens when all 3 facets of our team plays well. 1st it was the D being stellar, then the O stepped up and the D had a few let downs, now (yesterday) we had everyone playing to their ability and we may have "broken the cardinal franchise", as someone said yesterday.

add a cup of luck to that recipe