Toronto stadium is a sellout at 45,000

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
And a bunch of those seats were bought by some restauranteer there who is now trying to unload them. That will be a very neutral, quiet venue. Bills fans are already writing the season off, and won't be going in numbers to the game. Even if it's a home game for them, it's on the road. It's also a turf field inside, so that will neutralize any advantage for them there.

If there are more than 40K fans there, I'd be surprised.

Quotes on the subject:

"Years ago I went to the game when jets played the bills, one of the worst games I have ever been to. That same year I had season tickets to the bills. For the most part people just sat in their seats no one really got in to the game, nothing like a bills game at all."

"It looks like they decided to drop the capacity to 45k by tarping some seats in order to give the illusion of a sell out"

"The tickets are sold, they are now trying to dump them."

djb28

Reaction score
The Bills play on turf at home too.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Derp? What, do they think this is a CFL game? Tarping seats for an NFL game? That's fricken embarassing Toronto... It's not like it's even a big stadium in the first place.

General Manager

Reaction score
I have my concerns about this game the Bills have been aweful 4 a long time so you now there team is loaded with high draft picks, don't overlook the Bills Seahawks.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
djb28":1978brs2 said:

Yes. But the fact that we don't have to play on a different surface than our own will negate any advantage they could have had here. It makes it a zero-sum issue instead of an advantage for them as is the case in other stadiums.

The empty stands will also be a decided zero-sum issue too.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
ParisPC07":206zlxav said:
I wonder how many Seattle fans will be there. I've heard that we have a good bit of fans in Canada.

There are a good number of Seahawks fans in Toronto, as I usually where a Seahawks jacket to work and get stopped on the subway to chat about the team.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3vyx7slm said:
djb28":3vyx7slm said:

Yes. But the fact that we don't have to play on a different surface than our own will negate any advantage they could have had here. It makes it a zero-sum issue instead of an advantage for them as is the case in other stadiums.

The empty stands will also be a decided zero-sum issue too.

Turf is the same as the Seahawks have at home. I think the empty seats are that the Bills are playing very well, close to Christmas and the tickets are expensive and if the Bills or Seahawks are not your team I don't think people want to spend the cash, if the hawks were not playing I would not be going.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
I think Toronto tickets are pricey, very pricey, at least if they are anything like their NHL and NBA tickets. Don't expect any fan impact whatsoever for either team. They will react when plays are made, but I'd consider this very much a neutral site game, even though Buffalo is only a couple hours away.

JonRud

Reaction score
I will be there and I am BRINGING THE 12TH MAN NOISE TO TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAME CANADA! BLAME CANADA!!

rjdriver

Reaction score
They slashed ticket prices almost in half to create some sales for this event. Club seats are "sold out" and are selling for relatively cheap on line.

I still don't think this is as neutral as some may believe. If we were playing in Vancouver, there would be a lot of Hawk fans. They have to drive an hour and a half, we have to fly around the country.

There are probably a lot of Leaf season ticket holders and hockey fans who are dying to go to any sporting event without hockey this year. I think they may be more animated than people might believe. Of course it shouldn't matter, we went in to Soldier and won, we will do the same here. This is an inferior opponent, if we truly turned the corner, we win by multiple scores.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Any 12th man going for the game please make lots of noise, no excuse blaming it an east coast game and being lethargic. Start waking up early and practicing your vocal chords if you have to :) Make us proud.

Twisted

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":eea2lc0f said:
CANHawk":eea2lc0f said:
5280Hawk":eea2lc0f said:
I wish i could go, I've heard Toronto is fun!

Toronto is a cesspool!

Your just use to dirty hippies and junkies. T.O. best city in Canada hands down.

better than Vancouver BC? thats saying a lot considering Vancouver is nestled between mountains and the straight of Georgia, a sight to see no doubt

MexHawk

Reaction score
JonRud":3qirpzg0 said:
I will be there and I am BRINGING THE 12TH MAN NOISE TO TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAME CANADA! BLAME CANADA!!

Are you taking the Tanzania sign too? We need one there

Snohomie

Reaction score
There may be a lot of animated Hockey fans, but I doubt they're animated Hockey fans who root for the Bills with passion. I see this as a neutral site game, still a road trip (for both teams), but I wouldn't expect a HFA for Buffalo.