Seattle Seahawks running up the score?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Seattle Seahawks running up the score?
Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:18 pm
  • Fans were wanting the team to be judged in the upper echelon. Getting accused of cheating and running up the score seems very Patriot-like, so we got that going for us, which is good.

The 4th and 23 was a little surprising but other than that, I didn't think they were doing things out of the norm for running a 4 minute offense for the entire 4th quarter.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 pm
  • The only reason people are saying we ran up the score is because of those 2 long passes by Flynn that were dropped by the receivers, and that short pass for a 3rd down conversion that the Cards didn't play well at all that led to the Washington TD.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 pm
  • Felt like a college game. We coulda had 70 points easily. RW might have had 4 tds to better his chances at 27 for the season.
    Who woulda thought after week 1 that we'd have this game against them? 39 fantasy points from defense alone, hell yea.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• By my count we ran 36 plays in the 2nd half and thru the ball 10 times (and the vast majority of those were short passes). The issue is they couldn't stop our run game.

Quick math

1st half - 12 passes and 16 runs
    2nd Half - 10 passes and 26 runs

We let up on the gas - the Cards just kept turning it over and couldn't stop the run. You still have to keep playing the game!
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

• Edwards probably didn't even take time to watch the game. It's idiotic. As I mentioned somewhere else and someone pointed out in this thread already, why did Arizona keep passing? It stops the clock. 4th and 23, could of kicked a field goal and instead we went for it. What should you do punt? In the future if you have it down at their five yard line, do you just punt it out of the endzone for a -15 net?

I understand we live in America and there comes a point when somebody is getting beat down that we begin to think of them as a sad victim, but good grief, Arizona carries the blame 100% in this game. They shoulda took the air out of the ball. Maybe they should have forfeited, they didn't want to be out there anyway. I am embarrassed for those guys.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• seahwkfvr wrote:Why can't the Seahawks get praised for a victory? We blow them out of the water, and then gives us crap for running the score up

:13:
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Perhaps if Edwards had "run up the score" a few more times in his coaching tenures, he'd still be on the field and not working as a mop-up scrub for ESPN.

BTW, I know the following is Wiki...but it's entertaining nonetheless:

"Overall, Edward's tenure as head coach of the Jets was marred by chronic clock management problems, an ultra-conservative "play not to lose" mentality, and a lack of any discernible defensive philosophy, despite Edwards' supposed expertise in the Cover 2 defense.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• Before everyone goes hating on Herm Edwards, remember he was one of the few talking heads on ESPN defending the Hawks after the MNF win against GB.
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information