Seattle Seahawks running up the score?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We did not run up the score. Pete took the starters out 5 minutes into the 3rd, and there was a heavy dose of run plays. We only threw the ball 21 times in the game, and in the 2nd half we really only threw on 3rd down for the most part.

This shouldn't even be a debate. The Cardinals just couldn't stop us.

el capitan

Reaction score
I don't understand why "running up the score" is a bad thing. What is the morally correct
thing to do when you're up 45-0 less than five minutes into the 3rd quarter? It's not like
you can just stop playing and no one had a problem with Arizona continuing to pass.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
As a man, if a friend is kicking my ass at tennis or racquetball (which happens...I can beat some of my friends, others it's an aberration when I beat them, but great workout either way), nothing irritates me more than sensing that he's deliberately letting up on me. By all means, if you can beat me 15-0 then do it. I don't want any cheap points and it doesn't make me feel better at all if the final margin is closer because he took it easy. I think that's the most emasculating thing he could do.

"Running up the score" is unsportsmanlike when it's kids playing. Not when it's professionals. If you're a pro, have some damn self-respect and stop the other guy or die trying. It was stupid when people criticized New England for this, and it's stupid for those who have criticized us for it today too.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
We didn't run up the score, we were giving the 2nd and 3rd stringers some work.

If the Cards were getting thrashed by the backups? What else can you do?

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Seattle scored 7 pts in the 4th quarter. lol

If someone said that, they didn't watch the game.

Msfann

Reaction score
They sure dont care when the golden boy Brady and NE does it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It wasn't like AZ was running out the clock. They were PASSING. Flynn through the ball what? 7 times? Obviously running up the score. Edwards is all bent out of shape on this one, but he is the one that said "you play to win the game"

I LOVE the Seahawk hating commentators. All of them, it gives me joy seeing them upset. Then he is all "It is going to come back on them" Really???? When Herm?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, it's funny. We had all backups in there, ran the ball 18 times, threw it 7 times.

If Arizona wanted out so badly, they could've run the ball non stop to run the clock out. Then we would've.

General Manager

Reaction score
ESPN can burn to the ground seriously there lucky i'm not put in front of a mic that is total bullshit . We took the starters out what more can Pete do except stop playing competitive football well ESPN that's not going to happen so they can choke on it.

BWRyan

Reaction score
Also, the moment you start letting up is frequently the moment you'll get injured. I don't want injuries.

If they weren't such a generally dirty defensive unit I would maybe feel sorry for them. But I don't. Screw em'.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The only play I didn't like was going for it on 4th and 20something. Thought we should have punted, but mainly to better our chances at the shut out. Otherwise, its not like we were running trick plays or kept our starters in. The Cards gave up like I havent seen a team do before, they crumbled in a big way.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
IMO whenever you have 2nd and 3 rd string players in it is fine to play the game as laid out. To claim running up the score against their starters is ludicrous

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Did Seattle run up the score? Yeah, a little bit. But they also left points on the field. I count at least 11 they left out there. Anybody bitching needs to complain that the Cardinals will draw gamechecks for a game they quit in. Darnell Dockett was getting pushed down the field 10 yards damn near every play. Patrick Peterson had his hands in his pockets on run plays.

Pete will draw this kind of criticism, he has a lot of axe grinders just waiting for something. I wish he had gone for 70 or more, our backups got invaluable playing time. Turbin got 20 carries, a career high. Flynn got to work out some frustration. I don't give a shit what Herm thinks, I want our entire roster feeling like killers.

Today, our entire roster feels like killers.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2nx3vzl5 said:
The only play I didn't like was going for it on 4th and 20something. Thought we should have punted, but mainly to better our chances at the shut out. Otherwise, its not like we were running trick plays or kept our starters in. The Cards gave up like I havent seen a team do before, they crumbled in a big way.

See imo thats even more douchey, since converting on 4th and whatever is pretty improbable. Pinning them back with a punt is just like, seriously...

schkoot

Reaction score
If we had kicked to make it 61-0 (as I had hoped we would do), THEN we can be accused of running up the score.

We didn't

seahwkfvr

Reaction score
Why can't the Seahawks get praised for a victory? We blow them out of the water, and then gives us crap for running the score up

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If we were running up the score, we'd not have pulled Wilson five minutes into the second half.

End of story. Anybody that says otherwise is ignorant.