Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Something important from the Cardinals game I just realized
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

I haven't talked about it at .net, but privately I've wondered if Adderall really was helping Richard Sherman. Before anyone laughs, interceptions and passes defensed are not easy to get and require split second reactions, attention to detail, and a strong presence of mind. Richard Sherman is one of the very best corners in the league at breaking on a pass that targets his receiver. It's basically the reason why he's so great.

I had feared that the lack of Adderall in his system might have contributed to him having a poor performance in the Chicago game- a game in which Sherman suffered several mental lapses, including that huge play to Marshall which helped force OT. His Adderall co-defendant Brandon Browner had a tough game mentally as well.

Well the nice thing about today was that it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Richard Sherman we've been accustomed to is the real thing, and that he was never dependent on juicing up in any shape or fashion. Sometimes you see that with players- they get caught juicing in some way and are never the same after once they have to stop. Today Sherman displayed his usual excellent mental awareness. I never really thought it was likely that Adderall was his crutch, but stranger things have happened, and I'm glad to see that whatever small chance Sherman had of experiencing a decline from being adderall free is essentially zero.

Post subject: Re: Something important from the Cardinals game I just realized
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 am 
NET Rookie

Good point. I've heard numerous people say that the drug is over-hyped and that it's effects aren't as crazy as many make it out to be.

I'm sure it varies from person to person, but I've been thinking that the whole Sherman and Browner situation had a
Reefer Madness" feel to it.

They'll be fine. After all, if it was a miracle drug, wouldn't Guy be doing better?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

I agree. I certainly wondered if a portion of his ability could be attributed to Adderall after the news came out and in fact I was quite pissed off about the notion.

Today, there could be no doubt. Sherman isn't under the influence of Adderall.

He's just a very, very bad man.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 am 
NET Veteran

Quote:
He's just a very, very bad man.
+1

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 am 
NET Veteran

O-LineFan wrote:
They'll be fine. After all, if it was a miracle drug, wouldn't Guy be doing better?

Ain't that the truth. Did Guy have any active roster status this season or even make it onto the field? I can't recall seeing his name on anything meaningful after preseason. Just crossing my fingers for when we are missing both Sherman and Browner, if it comes to that. Hoping it won't...

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:13 am 
* NET Nobody *

Do we know that it was adderall though?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:43 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

The sad thing is that now you assume he was under the influence of PED's. I'm still convinced he was not, which is why he played so well again.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am 
NET Veteran

Lets hope the Bears game was just because of lack of focus due to being blamed for taking a drug he did not take.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 am 
NET Bench Warmer

I know we found out recently but didn't the team find out sometime in Oct that this was coming down? If they were using PEDs they probably would have stopped a long time ago.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 am 
* NET Eeyore *

Very well said Kearly.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 am 
NET Practice Squad

kearly wrote:
I haven't talked about it at .net, but privately I've wondered if Adderall really was helping Richard Sherman. Before anyone laughs, interceptions and passes defensed are not easy to get and require split second reactions, attention to detail, and a strong presence of mind. Richard Sherman is one of the very best corners in the league at breaking on a pass that targets his receiver. It's basically the reason why he's so great.

I had feared that the lack of Adderall in his system might have contributed to him having a poor performance in the Chicago game- a game in which Sherman suffered several mental lapses, including that huge play to Marshall which helped force OT. His Adderall co-defendant Brandon Browner had a tough game mentally as well.

Well the nice thing about today was that it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Richard Sherman we've been accustomed to is the real thing, and that he was never dependent on juicing up in any shape or fashion. Sometimes you see that with players- they get caught juicing in some way and are never the same after once they have to stop. Today Sherman displayed his usual excellent mental awareness. I never really thought it was likely that Adderall was his crutch, but stranger things have happened, and I'm glad to see that whatever small chance Sherman had of experiencing a decline from being adderall free is essentially zero.

ALA BRETT BOONE!!! LOL

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 am 
NET Veteran

O-LineFan wrote:
Good point. I've heard numerous people say that the drug is over-hyped and that it's effects aren't as crazy as many make it out to be.

Makes you wonder why players take it and risk getting caught.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am 
NET Veteran

ivotuk wrote:
Do we know that it was adderall though?

No. We also don't know how much he took, whatever it was.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:11 am 
NET Veteran

I am 100% convinced he didn't knowingly take it. they get tested quite often, and if that were the case, he would've tested positive for this stuff previously.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 am 
NET Veteran

From what I've read and heard, his failed Adderal test was back in September and the drug, if he took it, would have been out of his system in a couple of days.

Are you guys seriously thinking that he has been continuing to use Adderal since his failed test?

Or, am I missing something here.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:06 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

@cro wrote:
I know we found out recently but didn't the team find out sometime in Oct that this was coming down? If they were using PEDs they probably would have stopped a long time ago.

This is my thinking as well. As onanygivensunday noted as well, Sherman and Browner would be fools to continue to take the drug once they were notified they had failed the tests and it was a few weeks before Schefter broke his story. So the Miami game as well as the Jets and Vikings games would be ones that Sherman and Browner knew they had been flagged and would have most likely stopped using whatever they were taking (Adderall is a CBA provided cover for suspected PED usage).

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Last edited by drdiags on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm 
NET Veteran

onanygivensunday wrote:
From what I've read and heard, his failed Adderal test was back in September and the drug, if he took it, would have been out of his system in a couple of days.

Are you guys seriously thinking that he has been continuing to use Adderal since his failed test?

Or, am I missing something here.

Yeah, this is about where I'm at. I'd be willing to bet we haven't seen a juiced up Sherm all season.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

I never doubted that Dick could play clean.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm 
NET Veteran

You do know Richard Sherman use to be a WR? Maybe thats why he has good hands. In addition he understands route concepts from his WR background and is 6'4. Thats why hes elite. Not because of Adderall.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 pm 
NET Veteran

[quote="kearly"]I haven't talked about it at .net, but privately I've wondered if Adderall really was helping Richard Sherman. Before anyone laughs, interceptions and passes defensed are not easy to get and require split second reactions, attention to detail, and a strong presence of mind. Richard Sherman is one of the very best corners in the league at breaking on a pass that targets his receiver. It's basically the reason why he's so great.

Well the nice thing about today was that it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Richard Sherman we've been accustomed to is the real thing, and that he was never dependent on juicing up in any shape or fashion. Sometimes you see that with players- they get caught juicing in some way and are never the same after once they have to stop. Today Sherman displayed his usual excellent mental awareness. I never really thought it was likely that Adderall was his crutch, but stranger things have happened, and I'm glad to see that whatever small chance Sherman had of experiencing a decline from being adderall free is essentially zero.[quote]

I started a post yesterday that was poking fun @ the notion of Sherman needing Adderall to get the job done, and I got a reply from one poster that mine was a stupid post.
I'm not offended in the least by someone jerking it up, because I just consider that he/she didn't bother to reason that I was trying to point out the obvious folly that Sherman wasn't a warrior lest he had some kind of drug that gave him an edge.
Sherman just blew that theory all to hell with yesterdays pro bowl type performance.
He and Browner are going to continue making life miserable for Receivers around the League, and that's a fact.
I believe Pete has designed our secondary to compensate for the pass happy NFL.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 pm 
NET Starter

Steve2222 wrote:
You do know Richard Sherman use to be a WR? Maybe thats why he has good hands. In addition he understands route concepts from his WR background and is 6'4. Thats why hes elite. Not because of Adderall.

Well said Tim Ryan

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:10 pm 
NET Veteran

My brother
#12 IS A MEAN DRUG.
Adderall is shit.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:28 pm 
NET Veteran

seahawksfanatic000 wrote:
Steve2222 wrote:

Well said Tim Ryan

hahaha, i caught that too!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]