Was last week the turning point?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Was last week the turning point?
Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:15 pm
  • Was last weeks Chicago victory the official "turning point"? The point where the Seahawks are bonafide, as good as anyone, Super Bowl contenders? I think so.

I think last week's game may be the last time we fear the Seahawks playing lessor competition, like the Bills next week. IMO, they know they can beat anyone now. Put it this way, if last week was week 1, IMO, the Hawks are a 13 win team. They wouldn't lose at Stl, Miami, Det, they'd win those.

For Holmgren's teams the turning point was the last road game of 2004, in San Francisco. Just like this version, that version couldn't beat the University of Colorado, if it was in Boulder. The Hawks won that game, and finally went into the playoffs. Then, in 2005, the Hawks proved it was the turning point, by finally beating the Rams, etc, etc.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Was last week the turning point?
Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:17 pm
  • I hope you're right. It would be great to be that "hot" team going into the playoffs and then carrying the momentum all the way thru to the Superbowl!

One thing i'm excited about is all the turnovers we generated today. Yea, a lot of it is because we were playing the Cardinals, but I think turnovers are contagious and generally come in bunches. Hopefully we can keep that going the rest of the way.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:18 pm
  • Could be....could be. (shaking my head in agreement)
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
  • That's exactly the feeling I got after the Chicago game. But that's all it is... a feeling. They still gotta prove they can put together a road winning streak. I think they will.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:37 pm
  • We'll know for sure after next Sunday if Seattle beats Buffalo on the road.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:50 pm
  • I think so. The establishment of the read option, QB Run, RB Run, and P/A out of the option has given us real balance, and has kept opposing defenses off balance. I expect Lynch to run wild again next week against at team that is not very good against the run.

Later game on turf doesn't hurt us either.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:59 pm
  • I just can't go that far. AZ is about as despondent a team as I've ever seen and it' s a mistake to read too much into this win. I think next week is a much better gauge, but to me the ultimate is how we face each week. It seems we've been victims of our own confidence a few times this year already.

But hey, if it turns out that Chicago was the turning point? We read it here first.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information