BleacherReport (I know lol) has us having only 3 Pro Bowlers

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Marshawn
    Sherman
    Chancellor

With a bunch of alternates: Okung, Unger, Clemons, Wagner, ET.

I know its BR which is a pretty bad site but this is the first Pro Bowl Predicition I've come across. Thoughts? Having only two Pro Bowlers on the leagues 3rd best Defense seems kind of low.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Sherman won't make it, due to his suspension. Yeah, he technically has a chance of having it overturned, but its virtually nil.
    Meeker
    NET Starter

• Unger and Big Russell deserve it and I hope they get it
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksFanForever wrote:Image

BR is basically just a high speed message board.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Say that to one of their main writers on twitter haha

They get so offended when you talk shit about BR. They want to be treated like ESPN haha
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• news flash: the seahawks are not popular outside of the northwest. There will probably be several deserving guys that dont get the recognition.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• to be completely fair, the bleacher does nothing different then the writers of espn or nfl. They make bogus predictions or "Expert" picks. They have statistically the same averages across the board as every sports site. They're just writers and pundits making educated claims and hoping they're right.

Also, Sherman is still elgible until after his appeal. So right now, chances are that he'll get voted in before hes taken off. He'll still get the honor of knowing he was voted in.

And lastly, his predictions really arent that far off. There is 16 teams with studs at some positions. Could make a case for ET being more then an alternate, but this season hasnt been his best. Hes still doing his job fairly well and one of the better safeties out there still. My gut tells me that he'll still get voted in from notiriety. Leroy and KJ wont. Reds had a mediocre year. Mebane is a possibility, but theres a lot of good tackles in the league and not everyone gets to go. Tons of probowl pass rushers out there, so clemons being on the alternate seems fitting for now. Russel wont when you stack up the NFC QB's. It would be cool, and hes overcome a lot and proven a lot of people wrong, but there is to many elites in the NFC, and Griffen is already gonna take a spot as we know.
    Too many Star Wide Recievers out there, so you know that ours arent going, and thats fine. Next year if rice keep his productions up, I can see him going again. Our TE's have done their job, but theyre not a graham or a gonzalas.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:Marshawn
    Sherman
    Chancellor

I know its BR which is a pretty bad site but this is the first Pro Bowl Predicition I've come across. Thoughts? Having only two Pro Bowlers on the leagues 3rd best Defense seems kind of low.

Sounds about right, who do you think they got it wrong on?

- Wagner's having a great year, but he's not better than Bowman, Briggs or Willis (yet).
    - Love me some Thomas, but he only has two picks this year.
    - Browner? Sorry, but suspension put a damper on getting another selection.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:Marshawn
    Sherman
    Chancellor

Sounds about right, who do you think they got it wrong on?

- Wagner's having a great year, but he's not better than Bowman, Briggs or Willis (yet).
    - Love me some Thomas, but he only has two picks this year.
    - Browner? Sorry, but suspension put a damper on getting another selection.

I guess really only ET. I dont care about his stats. His impact as an elite player doesn't show up in the statistics by the nature of his great play and ability. And Im sure players and coaches see this during both the game and film study. Theres a reason guys like Revis and Bailey have like 2 INTs a year. They're given no chances by opposing QBs.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Cartire wrote:to be completely fair, the bleacher does nothing different then the writers of espn or nfl.

Bleacher writers' lack of football knowledge makes the average ESPN/NFL writer look like Greg Cosell.

As far as Pro Bowlers, I honestly don't see any Seahawks starting in the Pro Bowl at all. We're a young team stacked up against a very strong year for the entire NFC; every strong Seahawk has heavy, long-recognized competition at their position.

I don't know how fan votes will factor in. The Packers are strongly represented in the Pro Bowl voting, which won't help, but so are its division rivals.

We'll have plenty of alternates, though. Lynch, M-Rob, Unger, Clemons, Mebane, Wagner, ET, and Ryan should all be in the mix for that. Ryan and Okung might actually have a shot at starting; Okung hasn't allowed a sack this year.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:to be completely fair, the bleacher does nothing different then the writers of espn or nfl.

Bleacher writers' lack of football knowledge makes the average ESPN/NFL writer look like Greg Cosell.

As far as Pro Bowlers, I honestly don't see any Seahawks starting in the Pro Bowl at all. We're a young team stacked up against a very strong year for the entire NFC; every strong Seahawk has heavy, long-recognized competition at their position.

I don't know how fan votes will factor in. The Packers are strongly represented in the Pro Bowl voting, which won't help, but so are its division rivals.

We'll have plenty of alternates, though. Lynch, M-Rob, Unger, Clemons, Mebane, Wagner, ET, and Ryan should all be in the mix for that. Ryan and Okung might actually have a shot at starting; Okung hasn't allowed a sack this year.

lol at the thought of Lynch being an alternate. Did you mean back up?
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:to be completely fair, the bleacher does nothing different then the writers of espn or nfl.

lol at the thought of Lynch being an alternate. Did you mean back up?

Err yeah, sorry.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• No Mention of Farwell? He and Unger deserve it as well! I have been voting like crazy lately for all of them frankly!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• I'm not too surprised. The NFC probowl team will contain the 49ers and Bears, both of whom are much more national and known as opposed to our Seahawks.

:sarcasm_on: Either way i hope we see defense in the probowl this year. :sarcasm_off:
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

• Chancellor has been average AT BEST this year.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• jamsomatic wrote:Chancellor has been average AT BEST this year.

Go watch some film and then see if you can say that statement.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• There are some pretty damn good players on teams other than the Seahawks. That might explain it.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    jamsomatic wrote:Chancellor has been average AT BEST this year.

Go watch some film and then see if you can say that statement.

Oh, I've watched my share of film, brah. I'm well known in these parts for my film study.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• SeahawksFanForever wrote:Image

Jon Heder is a Cowboys fan?
    bmorepunk
    NET Starter

• Could care less about individual awards. Those awards tend to cost the Hawks as a team. A snubbed player seems hungrier/angier and cost less at contract time.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information