Thurmond 3 > Browner

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I know the Arizona QB's are garbage but I truely believe that if Thurmond stays healthy, which unfortunably is a big if, then Browner will not be a starting CB in Seattle again. The kid has always just been a playmaker going back to his days at UO.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Yeah but Thurmond cant be counted on to stay healthy.

And Browner is a play making machine as well. And a very tough SOB.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Your Duck homerism is showing through J. There was no pressure on our DBs or anyone else on our defense after the middle of the 2nd quarter today. We'll see how it plays out over the next 3 games. It would be nice if he played really well though. I certainly believe it's possible.

rideaducati

Reaction score
We were hearing trade rumblings involving Browner before the trade deadline... Maybe they pull the trigger during the off season.

sturg78

Reaction score
He had a great game and hey may be better, but he needs to be tested more then what happened today. Browner is a fire tested play making beast machine. WT3 will be amazing in the slot though.

ensett

Reaction score
rideaducati":3bz38hta said:
We were hearing trade rumblings involving Browner before the trade deadline... Maybe they pull the trigger during the off season.

I didnt hear anything like this at all

bryantology79

Reaction score
cant wait to see all 3 of them (wt3 on the slot guys) on the field. opposing qb's, pick your poison.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thurmond is good, but do you put a crystal glass on a contruction sight and expect it not to get broken at some point. I think he has the skills but not the health to be a everydown CB at this point. Slot guy is a whole different story though in place of Tru after this season.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think they are comparable. He will become our #1 if anything happens to Sherm.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Brandon Browner us a beast and a playmaker. His play against Cam Newton was phenomenal. I like Thurmond but he's not in BB territory just yet.

kearly

Reaction score
Great topic. I feel that no matter what happens, Pete Carroll will get Browner on the field. Browner would be an all-universe nickle CB, and I'm pretty sure he'd make a mean SS. At times he's looked like a terrific linebacker. This is a good problem to have.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":2cy3fn80 said:
Great topic. I feel that no matter what happens, Pete Carroll will get Browner on the field. Browner would be an all-universe nickle CB, and I'm pretty sure he'd make a mean SS. At times he's looked like a terrific linebacker. This is a good problem to have.

I definatly agree. There's definatly still a place on the team for Browner and a place on the field for him. But going forward I would love to see a healthy Thurmond and Sherman at the corners.

chris98251

Reaction score
I like Tru, but when you are blessed with a bounty of riches you have to go youth for longetivity of dominance.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I dont know about that uet but he did have a whale of a game today. Lets see if he can stay healthy for us too.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Love, love having 3 solid NFL corners. Don't let any of them get out of Seattle until they can't play anymore. I don't care who starts, just want to have the most feared DB's in the NFL. Now get another stud DE and DT and get out of the way because our D would be unstoppable.

kendog2639

Reaction score
browner can tackle... thurmond miss a few today

maybe its rust but i wouldnt jump on the thurmond bandwagon jus yet

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lol I knew I'd see this if he played well.

Seriously, you keep Browner. He's a physical freak, and he really intimidates WRs. Look at his hits on guys like Welker, his play in run support. He's also bigger and way more durable than Thurmond.

I'm beyond stoked to see Browner, Sherman and Thurmond on the field at the same time. Wow.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawks46":2v6mf2mh said:
Lol I knew I'd see this if he played well.

Seriously, you keep Browner. He's a physical freak, and he really intimidates WRs. Look at his hits on guys like Welker, his play in run support. He's also bigger and way more durable than Thurmond.

I'm beyond stoked to see Browner, Sherman and Thurmond on the field at the same time. Wow.

I definatly was not saying get rid of Browner. Just saying that Thurmond is a better pure cover corner.

Atradees

Reaction score
As an Oregon fan, I am also way rooting for WT3. Fragile legs unfortunately. He had a nice game. Several times he was shadowing the reciever and his tip kept that ball alive for the Wagner pick.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
I really don't see anyone going anywhere. Talented depth is a good thing to have.