Keeping the pedal to the metal for an entire 60 minutes....

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
on offense. I know many don't like it, but I love it. Is this the first time we've seen it since before Mike Holmgren took over. Gone are the days of letting off and coasting to a win.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":2vyejt9c said:
we are coasting a bit. we put our backups in to play.
Ya, but not in the play calling, which I think is appropriate.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Anyone think the Cards would ease up if the situation was reversed?

No, neither do I.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I've been looking for that all year. I hate the idea of pulling back with a ten point lead.

Twisted

Reaction score
I think that shot on Rice may have had a lot to do with the play calling towards the end?

rjdriver

Reaction score
You guys remember that Giants game in 06 or 07 at Qwest. We blew the hell out I them in the first half, put in some subs, played lax, and almost got beat. I will never forget Holmgrens face.

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
the commentators were suggesting that PC should back off the pedal a little, pfft, how many times has Belichick, over the years, ran the score up on teams, now it's our turn, you have your foot on their throat, go for the kill.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
lots of crying at the tards forum about running up the score, I didn't see it. they let off the gas and ran the crap out of the ball. Boo hoo!

jhball

Reaction score
ALWAYS compete.
Let out backups show what they can do.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That is what championship teams are made of my friends.!!!!

Largent80

Reaction score
We would probably have at least 2 more wins if they did that all the time. I hope they learned that no lead is safe and that possible tiebreakers are points scored.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not nit picking, but I wish Bevell would have dialed that last TD up for Turbin instead of Leon. RT has yet to score and has really busted his ass for us.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rjdriver":35lhldga said:
You guys remember that Giants game in 06 or 07 at Qwest. We blew the hell out I them in the first half, put in some subs, played lax, and almost got beat. I will never forget Holmgrens face.

The backups were awful back then. The starters weren't very good either. I wasn't enamored with the coaching back then either... DAMN, I love this CURRENT team. Top to bottom, this team seems much better. Looking back makes me appreciate this team so much.

vongstaTHEmonsta

Reaction score
People keep bringing up the Harbaugh-Carroll thing.

But really. I. DON'T. CARE. WHY. CRY?

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
HawkWow":28l6r3z8 said:
Not nit picking, but I wish Bevell would have dialed that last TD up for Turbin instead of Leon. RT has yet to score and has really busted his ass for us.

Funny, I was saying the same thing after Washington scored. I would've liked to see Turbin get his first, but he'll get his chance. Hopefully he'll have a lot of them by the end of his career, but now is Lynch's time.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":joul86k7 said:
HawkWow":joul86k7 said:

Funny, I was saying the same thing after Washington scored. I would've liked to see Turbin get his first, but he'll get his chance. Hopefully he'll have a lot of them by the end of his career, but now is Lynch's time.

Lynch definitely ran his last TD in like he didn't want Turbin to come in and get it. I guess the lesson here for RT is...when you have a TD ball dropped into your lap...don't drop it. Might be a spell before you get another chance.